“Always have a good time.”

Triangle Inn Palm Springs
Phoenix, Arizona
“Always have a good time.”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

My partner and I have stayed at the Triangle Inn several times. Actually, we got married there! After staying at other places, it's one of only two places we will stay in Palm Springs. Stephen and Michael (the owners) are two of the greatest people you could know - they remembered our names after our first stay and on all of our subsequent visits, they always greet us with a hug, and when we need a room they are always able to accommodate us (even during the sold out Pride weekend). We've been there when the place is sold-out, and we've also been one of only two couples (some times of the year aren't conducive to desireable weather, unless you're from Phoenix - then anywhere you go is a respite from the heat!). Regardless, Michael and Stephen make us feel welcome, wanted, and like a part of their family. We ALWAYS have a great time. I tend to go sans clothing, while my partner prefers to remain clothed, and there is never any discomfort or reluctance on my part to take off my clothes and be myself. Some other places (it's what you make of it) can be cruisy or downright "creepy," but we've never experienced that at the Triangle Inn. After reading one of the bad reviews, I need to say that the Triangle Inn, like all other places, is what you make of it. Some people keep to themselves, while others get out there and get to know people (including getting to know the owners!). The rooms are very cozy, many of them with complete kitchens so you can make your own meals. We usually end up meeting other guests and making meals together. The grounds are lush and spotless - never a leaf out of place. Happy Hour isn't a big extravagant to-do, but instead a really nice way to mingle with the other guests and get to know one another before heading out to the bars or heading to bed. Because they only have nine rooms, it's a nice, quiet getaway when you want one while not feeling completely isolated. And there's never been a time that we've left without a new Facebook friend or two (or three). If you're looking for a quiet getaway with the likeliness of meeting some great people (guests and owners), the Triangle Inn is the only place to stay. We've never had a bad experience there. I'm dying to get there for a nude yoga weekend - but what to do with the husband?

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank planeinsanity

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
w. hollywood, california
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Triangle Inn was just what my partner and I were looking for. It wasn't one of those seedy nudie resorts. Instead, although it was clothing-optional... it was run like a first-class act. Complimentary breakfast, on-the-house cocktails every early evening and impeccable, attentive service without being micro-managed one bit. Stephen & Michael went out of their way to really make sure we were happy. I can't say enough nice things. It's on a very private off the beaten path road and you won't hear any noises from the blvd. The pool is the perfect temperature and I'm a wimp when it comes to that! The hot tub, amazing! Met a really nice couple who was staying there and they were checked in for 2 weeks! So it tells you how nice it is and how hard it is to peel yourself away. The rates were very fair and reasonable and the suites were clean and comfortable. Not one TV but two. Full kitchen and really close to the pool. I love that it's a very small property so everything is right at your reach while also contributing to an intimacy that larger properties cannot compete with. Thanks guys, it was awesome!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Triangle Inn the first weekend in March and really enjoyed everything about the facility. It was our first stay at a clothing optional men's resort and we found the atmosphere relaxing and enjoyable without any of the "seediness" I anticipated. The rooms were clean and spacious and the bed was so comfortable I felt like loading it up and taking it home. The pool and spa were clean and warm. I could go on and on about the experience and the people we met. A well run resort with friendly staff and atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2011
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Having stayed in Palm Springs before at other gay resorts, I was looking for both value and the setting for my partner who is new to the clothing optional gay resorts. The Triangle Inn was perfect. First, it was easy to find and blocks from downtown Palm Springs. Second, the welcome was gracious and heart felt. From the moment I arrived I was relaxed. The owners and staff put you at ease. The naked bodies by the pool had me a bit anxious about how my partner would react.

The suite was large, modern, comfortable and with a full kitchen, we could have made all of our meals. (The many restaurants in Palm Springs kept us out of the kitchen on our vacation). The bed was very comfortable. But we did not spend much time in the room.

The pool and hot tub in 83 sunny degrees is where we hung out during the day. The resort has only 9 suites, so the crowd is small. Ages ranged from 29-79 and everyone was friendly. Conversation and laughter. Very comfortable. Some men had swimsuits on, some were naked. I enjoyed being nude. My partner found his swimsuit on at some times and by the end of the stay he was comfortable walking naked from the hot tub to the room.

The complimentary breakfast was good and the morning conversation with other guests was a good place hear about restaurants and events of the day.

We purchased a package that included tickets to the tram, the zoo and art museum. When I paid for the room, the fee quoted, was the fee. No tax. WOW. no tax.

We can't stop telling our friends about the Triangle Inn. Next year we are making it a four day visit, maybe a week.

If you have never stayed at the Triangle Inn, you must. Like us, you will be back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott P
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We have stayed at many other gay guesthouses across the country including, Ft Lauderdale, Key West, Ogunquit, ME and Saugatuck, MI. Our recent stay at this hotel, was well below expectations. The owners were not necessarily friendly, nor rude per se. They spoke to us only upon check in and leaving. They did not avail themselves to guests..as other places we have stayed.

Our room was average. There were several stains on the bed comforter and the furniture was a bit well worn. The bed was overly firm and not the most comfortable to sleep on. We had many problems accessing the wifi, and at times just gave up trying. Luckily, we spent very little time at the hotel or in our room.

Breakfast was a standard affair, consisting of bagels, yogurt and fruit. There was a cocktail hour..whereby, a plastic cup was filled with margarita mix.

The other guests in the hotel ranged in age from early 50s to early 70s. Not a place for younger guests. My partner and I were much younger than all other quests and never felt at home or welcomed. While, the hotel is not horrible..it should not be recommended to most people expecting a warm, inviting environment.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sjukone
TriangleInnPS, Owner at Triangle Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Ours is a small Inn - just nine suites - and we (Michael & Stephen) live on property. We try to get to know each of our guests, and make everyone feel at home. We get a wide variety of personalities, and people of all ages, young and old. It is our goal to provide each of them with a wonderful and memorable experience.

Having said that, we are obviously saddened that these guests did not have a good time, and we take their criticisms very seriously. However, we really felt that we were facing a nearly impossible situation with them from the moment they arrived. Here’s why:

Bad weather is very rare in Palm Springs. Unfortunately, we had cold and rainy weather the entire time these guests stayed with us. When they arrived, it was raining, and before we even got them checked in, they told us they were very surprised and unhappy that the weather was so bad. We explained that it was very unusual, and apologized as best we could, but they remained unhappy. After that, despite all our efforts, nothing seemed to make them feel better. They were rarely at the Inn, and when they were on property, they did not come out and socialize. It seemed to us that their entire experience was colored by their disappointment with the weather.

It is not our intention here to try to respond to each of the criticisms in this review. Rather, we hope anyone reading our TripAdvisor reviews will take all of them into consideration when giving us consideration. We encourage potential guests to visit our website, take the virtual tour of our property, and see first-hand what our accommodations are like. We also encourage them to call us and talk to us personally to get a sense of what we’re like, and what it’s like here at the Inn.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2011

It really is worth visiting and reading the website for this hotel because everything on it is true. Michael and Stephen (and the lovely David as well) really will make you feel as though you are at home. I can't remember the number of times they have shown simple, practical kindnesses on the four of five times I've visted over the years. Your room (though even the basic 'studio' is more like an apartment than a hotel room and the higher graded accomodations are actually bigger than the flats most Londoners live in!) has everything you need, including a well-equipped kitchen.

There are many reasons people go to Palm Springs. As a European, I incorporate a visit on my winter visits to the USA West, simply to escape the cold and grey and to chill out. So, in a sense, for the few days I'm there, I really do want a place like home - but with better weather! The Triangle Inn fits the bill perfectly.

But if you want to stray further afield you can stay here and do that too. An important detail for other European visitors, who tend to try and manage without a car when they are on holiday, is that you can have an interesting stay here even without one. A taxi will bring you here from the airport in just a few minutes. You can easily walk to downtown Palm Springs and its shops and restaurants and bars to suit all tastes, there is a frequent bus (number 111) costing just a dollar a ride along the main highway which will take you to a supermarkets and larger shopping malls in the neighbouring Coachella Valley towns, and it's also only a few minutes walk to one of the smaller Indian Canyons (a nice way to spend a couple of hours). Of course, if you've never visited the area at all, then would be worth hiring a car to explore the Joshua Tree National Park, the more distant canyons and other attractions.

In the past, I have stayed at The Triangle Inn every couple of years: next month I'm going back again for the second time this winter. And I can't wait.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Toronto
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I didn't know what to expect since I've never stayed at a gay inn before, but it was truly beyond my expectations. The hosts Steve and Michael are amazing, and it was great talking to them over great margarita. The rooms are huge, especially the closet, and the bed is incredibly comfortable. Then there are the heated pool and the jacuzzi. Can't say enough great things about my stay, except that I wish I had more time to lounge around during the day. I'd go back again a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business