All reviewshoward hughessteam roomhot tubmaking guests feel welcomegrounds are gorgeousother guestsyogurtclothing optional resortdesert retreatrelaxing place to staygay resortwonderful hostsmountain viewrooms are comfortablegirasolepoolsps
Reviewed April 17, 2017

My partner and I came for a long weekend and stayed here because it was the only place that had an available room. We must say that all the gushing reviews must have been posted by the owners or their friends. The room was large and comfortable but there are too many ways in which this place is lacking for us to return.

Let's start with the windows. We were there in the winter and the weather was perfect for sleeping with a cool breeze. Except that all the windows -- nine of them -- were nailed shut. In Palm Springs off all places. Your choice is to leave the door wide open or run the AC when it's a beautiful 70 degrees outside. Then the TV and wifi. The wifi did not work in our room despite repeated promises to get it fixed. And of course with no wifi we could not use the "smart tv" we were promised because the offered services like Amazon and Netflix require wifi. And then the TV itself - a small wall mounted TV too far from the bed to watch comfortably. There are chairs closer to the TV, but they are upright leather chairs and feel like torture devises.

The breakfast was stale muffins and yogurt. How about some variety?

This is one of those gay guest houses that seems to rely on its captive audience. Well there are enough other choices in Palm Springs. Too bad, because the staff are friendly and the place has a lot of potential. But we will not return unless and until there is a major upgrade.

Room Tip: Away from Ramon road, which is very noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John7654
Reviewed March 22, 2017

I just spent a couple days at El Mirasol Villas and had a wonderful, relaxing time. This is a very well run, reasonably priced gay resort -- and is now in my very small group of preferred resorts in Palm Springs.

For the uninitiated, El Mirasol is an all male clothing optional resort. Whether you are clothed or not, there is no pressure either way.

The facilities are slightly dated (in a charming way) and somewhat rustic -- and everything is clean and well maintained. The landscaping and grounds are beautiful. There are two pools, a jacuzzi, an outdoor shower, as well as a steam room. Breakfast is served every morning and includes typical continental breakfast fare -- fruit, breads, instant oatmeal, coffee, etc. (Tip: They do have an ice machine that has a water faucet, but if you prefer bottled water like me, you might want to bring your own).

I particularly appreciated the outdoor shower -- great way to start the morning and shower in the sun!

My room had it's own private-ish patio and it overlooked one of the pools and jacuzzi. It was again -- charmingly dated and rustic -- and very clean, well maintained, and spacious. The mattress was firm and comfortable. I slept well. My particular patio was surrounded by magenta colored flowers -- it was truly peaceful.

While I might have gotten to know a guest or two (or three) more intimately, the energy is not particularly cruisy. There are other resorts in the area that are much more sexually charged (one right across the street with day pass options if you're so inclined), but this is more a place to relax, unwind, and be yourself.

Room Tip: Rooms with a private Patio are worth the few extra dollars I think
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2017

I live in West Hollywood, and Palm Springs is my favorite getaway from the hustle of the city. I try to make it out to the Springs every few months, and over the years I've have become familiar with most of the Warm Sands Resorts. El Mirasol is by far a top favorite for me, with its lush tropical gardens, majestic San Jacinto Mountain views, two sparkling pools, and communal sized hot tub.

The resort's Mediterranean gates open onto stone pathways flanked by mid-century bungalows built by Howard Huges back in the 40's for his Hollywood Movie star friends. El Mirasol's hosts, Paul and Bruce are gracious, soft-spoken and welcome you as if you were a guest at their home. They are attentive and friendly but not intrusive. I just adore them both as do all of the guests I've encountered in my many stays there.

The spacious guest rooms are immaculate with Spanish, Hacienda style accents, ceramic tile floors, extremely comfortable beds, high-quality linens and nicely updated bathrooms.

There is ample room to relax around the expansive grounds with lots of comfortable chaise lounges surrounding both pools as well as patio tables with colorful umbrellas.The Hospitality lounge is open for early breakfast until around 6 p.m. and offers complimentary Continental breakfast with a nice assortment of cereals, baked goods, yogurt, fresh fruits, juices and assorted coffees and teas.

El Mirasol is, of course, clothing optional, but offers a nice combination of sexy and serene and located minutes from downtown shops, Palm Canyon Restaurants and the bars and clubs on Arenas.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2017

Loved+Love EMV so much that I just had to return again once more. Your hosts Paul & Bruce define a warm, welcoming and safe...GAY environment for MEN. Your housekeepers Eric & Mark are so attentive to your needs that you'll want to take them with you when you leave. Clean throughout with comfortable beds/pillows to boot. EMV is a clothing optional scene for gay men without it being a "scene" - if you get my drift (jacuzzi water is clean :)) Friendly/unpretentious guests make EMV my go-to resort in PS...can't wait to return next season...VIVA EL MIRASOL VILLAS!

Room Tip: Couples be sure to book one of the romantic EMV casita rooms for an extra special experience.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2017

I agree with Western Travelers review- it's a great place it just needs a few updates. The grounds are beautiful. We were in the non howard hughes portion of the property. The room was large and adequate. They only thing I would request would be hangers in the closet or a hook or two on the wall. The coat rack was fine but hangers would have been nice. The staff was warm and friendly - the jacuzzi was running a little cold and they did everything they could to get the temperature up. The breakfast items could be spruced up. I would stay here again but I would request to be in one of the bungalows.

Room Tip: ask to be on the bungalow side closer to the heated pool
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple