All reviewshoward hughessteam roomhot tubmaking guests feel welcomegrounds are gorgeousother guestsyogurtclothing optional resortdesert retreatrelaxing place to staywonderful hostsgay resortmountain viewrooms are comfortablegirasolepoolsps
Reviewed March 3, 2017

I live in West Hollywood, and Palm Springs is my favorite getaway from the hustle of the city. I try to make it out to the Springs every few months, and over the years I've have become familiar with most of the Warm Sands Resorts. El Mirasol is by far a top favorite for me, with its lush tropical gardens, majestic San Jacinto Mountain views, two sparkling pools, and communal sized hot tub.

The resort's Mediterranean gates open onto stone pathways flanked by mid-century bungalows built by Howard Huges back in the 40's for his Hollywood Movie star friends. El Mirasol's hosts, Paul and Bruce are gracious, soft-spoken and welcome you as if you were a guest at their home. They are attentive and friendly but not intrusive. I just adore them both as do all of the guests I've encountered in my many stays there.

The spacious guest rooms are immaculate with Spanish, Hacienda style accents, ceramic tile floors, extremely comfortable beds, high-quality linens and nicely updated bathrooms.

There is ample room to relax around the expansive grounds with lots of comfortable chaise lounges surrounding both pools as well as patio tables with colorful umbrellas.The Hospitality lounge is open for early breakfast until around 6 p.m. and offers complimentary Continental breakfast with a nice assortment of cereals, baked goods, yogurt, fresh fruits, juices and assorted coffees and teas.

El Mirasol is, of course, clothing optional, but offers a nice combination of sexy and serene and located minutes from downtown shops, Palm Canyon Restaurants and the bars and clubs on Arenas.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2017

Loved+Love EMV so much that I just had to return again once more. Your hosts Paul & Bruce define a warm, welcoming and safe...GAY environment for MEN. Your housekeepers Eric & Mark are so attentive to your needs that you'll want to take them with you when you leave. Clean throughout with comfortable beds/pillows to boot. EMV is a clothing optional scene for gay men without it being a "scene" - if you get my drift (jacuzzi water is clean :)) Friendly/unpretentious guests make EMV my go-to resort in PS...can't wait to return next season...VIVA EL MIRASOL VILLAS!

Room Tip: Couples be sure to book one of the romantic EMV casita rooms for an extra special experience.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2017

I agree with Western Travelers review- it's a great place it just needs a few updates. The grounds are beautiful. We were in the non howard hughes portion of the property. The room was large and adequate. They only thing I would request would be hangers in the closet or a hook or two on the wall. The coat rack was fine but hangers would have been nice. The staff was warm and friendly - the jacuzzi was running a little cold and they did everything they could to get the temperature up. The breakfast items could be spruced up. I would stay here again but I would request to be in one of the bungalows.

Room Tip: ask to be on the bungalow side closer to the heated pool
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 850state
Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

Just nice... an older facility with few updates. Cereal, coffee and bread layed out for breakfast. The staff was present if needed but the property and hospitality could use some tender loving care as soon as possible.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2017

I titled this review a relaxing blast because I just spent five days at El Mirasol Villas and really enjoyed myself. Frankly, I needed a break from my personal life and spontaneously traveled to Palm Springs seeking some serenity. Resolutely, I was able to relax, unwind, then ended up having a lot of fun.

Rather than writing an essay about my tropical paradise vacation in the desert, I've decided to cut corners and tell you what I like about El Mirasol in bullet-point format.

*Extremely hospitable hosts (Thank you Paul, Bruce, and Skip) and staff.
*Cozy, cute, spacious rooms.
*Room has a desk (If you are like me, I need a place to take care of biz while on vacation).
*Steam room (few resorts have them on property).
*Two beautiful pools (one is heated year-round).
*Hot tub (spacious and has nice, strong jets)
*Location- less than a mile away from downtown Palm Springs.
*Warm Sands neighborhood - a conglomeration of gay resorts.
*Continental Breakfast - I love having coffee waiting for me when I roll out of bed.

Room Tip: If it's winter, I tend to request a room close to the hot tub ( :
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business