“El Mirasol Villas Resort is Fabulous !!!”
Review of El Mirasol Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
El Mirasol Villas
Boston, MA
Reviewed January 7, 2006

We have just returned from an absolutely fabulous week at the El Mirasol Villas Resort in Palm Springs. From the beautiful mountain views to the wonderful hospitality of the owners Paul & Bruce and their staff, it was truely a great experience and a first class resort. The rooms were immaculately clean and very spacious. The grounds are landscaped beautifully, and the pools and jacuzzi are first class. We were totally impressed with El Mirasol from the minute we walked in to the second we left. We are looking forward to staying there on our next trip to Palm Springs and we highly recommend the El Mirasol Villas Resort.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed December 2, 2005

torn cushions on the furniture. the 'full' kithen i paid extra for had a dorm size fridge and a microwave, that was it, what most hotels give you for a regular room. the 'hetaed' pool was too cold to swim in during the day. i will go eslewhere

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank bos2njjd
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2005

El Mirasol is the perfect place to relax and improves every year I return. I've been vacationing at El Mirasol every year for 12 years and it is truly my home away from home. It is definitely worth the trip plane trip from my home state of Texas. Paul and Bruce are the owners and they definitely make everyone feel at home. They always maintain the resort in top condition from the very comfortable luxurious rooms to the beautifully landscaped winding pathways leading between the rooms, the two spectacular pools, the new large in-ground hot tub, and the steam room. Soft music plays outside during the day that truly allows one to relax. The mountain view is spectacular by day or night under the clear desert sky to star-watch. Various room sizes and more private larger bungalows are available. The much-appreciated daily breakfast is included. On Saturday afternoons, hamburgers are grilled-up by Paul and Bruce pool-side, which is a very nice way to meet the other guests and the owners.

The guests that come to El Mirasol have come to expect and appreciate this is *not* a cruisy bath-house-type resort, but instead a very high-quality resort to make new friends with a wide variety of gay men of all backgrounds and ages. I already have my reservations in for next year and can hardly wait !

• Stayed: September 2005
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 15, 2005

El Mirasol is wonderful and seems to improve with every visit. Palm Springs offers a wide variety of choices for the gay traveler. Everything from a steamy sexual atmosphere to total tranquility. When planning a stay in Palm Springs it is important to do your homework. El Mirasol offers a realxing, tranquil experience. The rooms are spotlessly clean with good linens and plush towels. The owners, Paul and Bruce, are extremely friendly and accommodating. The grounds are beautifully kept and the two pools are pristine and inviting. This resort is always in tip-top shape. There is a delightful variety of men to be found at El Mirasol. As with any guest house, this can vary from week to week. I have stayed at numerous gay hotels and guest houses around the world. El Mirasol is absolutely one of the best there is. If you're looking for a peaceful, beautiful, and very relaxing place to stay then you can't do any better than El Mirasol. I am already dreaming about my next trip.

• Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank BigJoeNYC
Reviewed July 26, 2005

The actual property itself was nice. Beautiful landscaping, motel-like furnishings, two pools, a hot tub and outdoor shower. Forget the steam room if there's more than two people as it is quite small. That's about all it has going for it. Also, I would choose the bungalows (the original part of the property built by Howard Hughes) over the suites with the pseudo wet bar.

The employee on duty was way out of line with his sexual advances and comments and out of 13 guests only 4 of us took advantage of the clothing-optional atmosphere. Honestly, I've seen more action in a funeral home! This hotel should consider either becoming an all woman resort or drop their prices in half.

It's nice to sample other resorts but I'm going back to The Mirage for my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank glb310
Reviewed December 28, 2004

I have been coming to El Mirasol Villas on and off for about 20 years and have seen it through many changes and owners. The accommodations are spacious, comfortable and clean. I particularly like the grounds, as they are lush with many tropical plants and the layout is not your typical motel-type look.

I travel a good deal and know what good hospitality entails. The current hosts/owners, Paul and Bruce, make you feel truly comfortable and at-home. There was a brief period, several years ago, during which I would not stay at El Mirasol because the place had needed a good deal of sprucing up and the host was particularly unsocial. I am pleased to say that, in addition to having great hosts, they've renovated the rooms and bathrooms and I feel like I am coming home when I stay there.

El Mirasol attracts a classy, social crowd from all over. Now that I am partnered, we travel there annually and often make friends or introduce our friends to the place.

The wireless internet is a plus, if that's your thing. I was able to connect easily from my room.

11  Thank BruceFHNY
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed September 5, 2004

I just returned from a short trip at El Mirasol. To be fair, it was very clean and the grounds nicely landscaped. The room was large and furnishings were fine. However, the toilet backed up on the first flush and the owner handed me a plunger and said, what do you expect from an old building". The bedding was poor quality - poly sheets and uncomfortable pillows. No windows opened in the room which made you choose a/c or it was very stuffy.

My main gripe was the service. When I checked in, the owner hung on the phone for 10 minutes, making me wait. Not a big deal but a sign. When I booked, I told him I needed wireless Internet. He assured me the room he was pushing had it. The wireless did not reach the room (I could receive the signal from All Worlds across the street). I had to use it outside to get a weak signal, which died overnight when I needed to work. They were not acocmodating or apologetic at all. I checked out a day early and they said they would only not charge me for that night if they rented the room. Neither owner has any concept of guest service and this really disappointed me. I travel often to Palm Spring and definitely will not waste my money on their over-priced rooms to get their poor attitude. There are much nicer places with much less attitude.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member