“relaxing stay at el mirasol”
Review of El Mirasol Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
El Mirasol Villas
Wilton Manors FL
“relaxing stay at el mirasol”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyable stay at el mirasol for four nights over the palm springs gay pride weekend. Host Paul is very nice and accomodating. We were placed in room 20....must say a bit outdated and in need of some minor repairs and adjustments....ie leaky faucet in shower, location of tv console in relation to bed location, electrical outlets not convenient, no towels rack at second lavatory, no soap dish for soap, rusty soap holder in shower, & no safe in room to store valuables. Upon checkout Paul did inform us that renovations and updates are on the way. We look forward to seeing what he has in mind as the grounds and location are perfect. One other comment regarding the continental breakfast......not continental at all...very meager provisions....and for us not worth consideration as we opted to go out each morning for a hot breakfast of our liking. There is room for improvement and as stated before...will return to see what the owners have in mind.

Stayed November 2013

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Park Hills, Kentucky
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

For the second time in three years we adore staying here. We have enjoyed PS Gay Pride and Halloween and with LA not that far have attended Breeders Cup as well. Our hosts are always personally checking to make sure things are perfect, the grounds are gorgeous and the people we have met here are friendly and from all over the world.

If your goal is to relax and enjoy the perfect Palm Springs weather or pop into town and the gay bars, this is the place for you!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Having been travelling to Palm springs for nearly two decades, it came as a surprise to myself and the ever-affable resort hosts Paul and Bruce that I had never found my way o their establishment.

The atmosphere was very welcoming and laissez faire. With two pools a Jacuzzi, steam room and plenty of chairs, tables and adjustable umbrellas, those who enjoy tanning (in the buff or as bare as you dare) will find this location a quiet oasis amidst some of the other "busier" spots in the Warm Sands area.

Only the--for my tastes--overly loud Muzak and its limited tracks provided any cause for concern.

Room Tip: Rooms by the small pool are also very close to the breakfast nook.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank S. James W
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Looking for relaxation?
Checkout El Mirasol Villas, Paul and Bruce are delightful, in addition to their night manager Skip. I arrived before check in and I was greeted with happiness and a true love for the resort, Skip gave me the official tour and I was treated to coffee and oj, while I waited for my room to be ready.
I was suppose to be in Palm Springs two nights but quickly extended my trip to three nights, after the first night of bliss.
The king sized beds were comfy, hands down one of my top five favorite hotels, and my favorite in Palm Springs. The rooms were spacious and well appointed.
If I was expected to choose one favorite thing about my trip, it would be the hosts, Paul and I got along like long time friends. Bruce and I had family situations in common, plus I wanted to checkout a restaurant/bar on Sunday and Bruce offered to give me a ride, save on cab fare.
I am already planning my next trip back to Palm Springs and El Mirasol is in the cards.

Room Tip: grab room 13, quiet and has it's own cute little patio
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Anthony O
leanleft
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've stayed at several of the Warm Sands Drive (heart of gay palm springs) resorts and El Mirasol is a wonderful choice for visitors looking to be in the mix of it all, while also having a relaxing home base.

My room was perfect, nice big king bed, with mini-kitchen with a fridge and microwave, for making food and saving some money from having to go out everynight. There are two pools, one hot tub, and a sauna on the property. I traveled solo, but had no problem whatsoever striking up conversations with other guests on the property. Everyone was very friendly, and I believe that starts with the staff. All of the staff are happy to go the extra mile to make your stay wonderful. Paul, Bruce, Skip, and the housekeeping team each did different little, and big things, to help make the stay seamless. Whether it was grabbing me and extra beach towel, or an extra shampoo, or finding me a room for one more night (as my flights were delayed leaving) - they all went that extra mile to make El Mirasol my home for my ten night stay.

The property is right on Warm Sands, which is a quick walk or three minute drive to the gay clubs on Arenas or Sunny Dunes. It is also only a five minute drive to the airport, a lovely little perk when you have an early AM flight to catch.

They keep the pools heated which makes them the perfect temp for either a day or night swim. The sauna was a wonderful treat at night. It became my pre-game ritual before heading out to dinner and the clubs.

Most of the guests were couples, friends, and a few other solo travelers like myself. Age ranges varied greatly from mid 20's up to 60's.

El Mirasol provides great value for money. Continental breakfast in the morning includes juice, coffee, fresh fruit, cereals, bagels and english muffins, everything you need to start off the day right. The grounds are beautiful. Just walking around the property and looking at all of the flowering trees, plants, and cactii you can tell a lot of love has been put into El Mirasol, and it shows.

I'd be happy to return, and do give many thanks to all of the fantastic staff for making my stay (which kept going and going and going) a wonderful experience. Ok, need to stop now, as I already want to go back.

Room Tip: I spent the little extra for a room with a mini-kitchen which helped save money in the long-run as I...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed September 28, 2013

After visiting other resorts you begin to appreciate what this resort has to offer. Good mattress and pillows. Clean pool and hot tub and privacy. It has two pools and has a nice continental breakfast. Location is close to downtown Palm Springs and easy to find. This place has a good reputation and the owners try to help you any way they can. A very enjoyable resort.

Room Tip: This place had summer rates while some of the other resorts were charging much more . A great deal.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed at El Mirasol for the Palm Springs LGBT Film Festival and our hosts Paul and Bruce were true hospitality professionals (except more fun). The pool and the location is just amazing coupled with the warmth of the staff who work here makes it really the best place to stay in Palm Springs!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends