“Wonderful and relaxing stay in the middle of gay Palm Springs.”
Review of El Mirasol Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
El Mirasol Villas
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've stayed at several of the Warm Sands Drive (heart of gay palm springs) resorts and El Mirasol is a wonderful choice for visitors looking to be in the mix of it all, while also having a relaxing home base.

My room was perfect, nice big king bed, with mini-kitchen with a fridge and microwave, for making food and saving some money from having to go out everynight. There are two pools, one hot tub, and a sauna on the property. I traveled solo, but had no problem whatsoever striking up conversations with other guests on the property. Everyone was very friendly, and I believe that starts with the staff. All of the staff are happy to go the extra mile to make your stay wonderful. Paul, Bruce, Skip, and the housekeeping team each did different little, and big things, to help make the stay seamless. Whether it was grabbing me and extra beach towel, or an extra shampoo, or finding me a room for one more night (as my flights were delayed leaving) - they all went that extra mile to make El Mirasol my home for my ten night stay.

The property is right on Warm Sands, which is a quick walk or three minute drive to the gay clubs on Arenas or Sunny Dunes. It is also only a five minute drive to the airport, a lovely little perk when you have an early AM flight to catch.

They keep the pools heated which makes them the perfect temp for either a day or night swim. The sauna was a wonderful treat at night. It became my pre-game ritual before heading out to dinner and the clubs.

Most of the guests were couples, friends, and a few other solo travelers like myself. Age ranges varied greatly from mid 20's up to 60's.

El Mirasol provides great value for money. Continental breakfast in the morning includes juice, coffee, fresh fruit, cereals, bagels and english muffins, everything you need to start off the day right. The grounds are beautiful. Just walking around the property and looking at all of the flowering trees, plants, and cactii you can tell a lot of love has been put into El Mirasol, and it shows.

I'd be happy to return, and do give many thanks to all of the fantastic staff for making my stay (which kept going and going and going) a wonderful experience. Ok, need to stop now, as I already want to go back.

Room Tip: I spent the little extra for a room with a mini-kitchen which helped save money in the long-run as I...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 28, 2013

After visiting other resorts you begin to appreciate what this resort has to offer. Good mattress and pillows. Clean pool and hot tub and privacy. It has two pools and has a nice continental breakfast. Location is close to downtown Palm Springs and easy to find. This place has a good reputation and the owners try to help you any way they can. A very enjoyable resort.

Room Tip: This place had summer rates while some of the other resorts were charging much more . A great deal.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed at El Mirasol for the Palm Springs LGBT Film Festival and our hosts Paul and Bruce were true hospitality professionals (except more fun). The pool and the location is just amazing coupled with the warmth of the staff who work here makes it really the best place to stay in Palm Springs!

1  Thank Cecilio A
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Went to Palm Springs for Labor Day and stayed for 10 days, it was a first time for myself and the 2 friends that I traveled with and all 3 of us felt the same about the Inn.....What a great place to stay, everything was beyond perfect. The room was spacious, good A/C and so clean and bright. The staff was very friendly and considerate of the guests and the owners, Paul and Bruce were the best, it was a pleasure talking to them through out the stay, and they made all of us feel so comfortable and the nice thing is that they were visible everyday. The grounds, pool, in fact the whole package was beyond perfect. And just to say how much we enjoyed it, we are going back to Palm Springs again next year for Labor Day and will be making our reservations at El Mirasol again....not to rush time, but can't wait to return....Darrell

Room Tip: I was in room 24....and that whole strip from 20-24 was perfect...pool right there, plenty of chairs...
1  Thank Darrell M
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We've stayed at El Mirasol three or four times now, last year we stayed for the whole month of September. Paul and Bruce are great hosts and make you feel welcome from the time you arrive to when you leave. As others have said in other reviews, this is not an 'action resort' of the type that you may fine in PS, but is beautifully maintained and managed. We are just about to book our next vacation in July 2014 and can't wait to get back for some well deserved R&R!!

Room Tip: Poolside room is a good bet
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank londontraveller445
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This resort is different than many others: It's a well kept botanical garden in the desert. The two owners, Paul and Bruce, are constantly looking after the property. This is a place to relax and to enjoy the freedom and the nature. Skip is an excellent gardener and looks after everything. You will feel good here if you are looking for peace. It is not an "action" resort, but much more beautiful and in harmony with nature than all other resorts I have seen here. Some are pure concrete jungles. That's not why you come to Palm Springs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank thomasbrussels
Reviewed June 22, 2013

this is mainly a gay men's hotel - we are a gay couple who was seeking a gay hotel but not with the cruising action other hotels have - we seek out those hotels from the 40s 50s and 60s that are still maintained and not too much renovations so we can step back in time. although this one was renovated it still had that nostalgic feeling, they took 2 old hotels and made 1 complex so you can walk between them. we got lucky that mid week in june we had the whole place to ourselves so it was like a large private villa. everything was luxurious and wonderful, thick tropical foliage, lots of shade, everything was cozy, lots of small spaces to sit and relax - 2 pools, hot tub, sitting areas, breakfast area was in another nice living room type area with french doors, the night shift attendant was a bit flat in personality - the owners who arrived in the morning were very very nice. the room was bright and sunny and reminded me more of an old aparment from the 60s. my only complaint is the carpet should be torn out and replaced with spanish tile to match the environment, it was that ugly beige carpet you see in apartments and was dirty and awful - but every thing else was great. we plan to stay in the exact same room some day. one thing i would ask the owners is to have the yard workers do their blowing after the breakfast is complete. we were eating breakfast while they were blowing dust with those leaf blowers - that was a bit annoying. i realize there are not many good chances to do this but breakfast is not one of them - lunch time would be better because most people will go out for lunch.

Room Tip: it was well worth paying extra for the upgraded rooms, the nicer rooms are around the round pool, so...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple