“perfect vintage hotel, great for couples”
Review of El Mirasol Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
El Mirasol Villas
Reviewed June 22, 2013

this is mainly a gay men's hotel - we are a gay couple who was seeking a gay hotel but not with the cruising action other hotels have - we seek out those hotels from the 40s 50s and 60s that are still maintained and not too much renovations so we can step back in time. although this one was renovated it still had that nostalgic feeling, they took 2 old hotels and made 1 complex so you can walk between them. we got lucky that mid week in june we had the whole place to ourselves so it was like a large private villa. everything was luxurious and wonderful, thick tropical foliage, lots of shade, everything was cozy, lots of small spaces to sit and relax - 2 pools, hot tub, sitting areas, breakfast area was in another nice living room type area with french doors, the night shift attendant was a bit flat in personality - the owners who arrived in the morning were very very nice. the room was bright and sunny and reminded me more of an old aparment from the 60s. my only complaint is the carpet should be torn out and replaced with spanish tile to match the environment, it was that ugly beige carpet you see in apartments and was dirty and awful - but every thing else was great. we plan to stay in the exact same room some day. one thing i would ask the owners is to have the yard workers do their blowing after the breakfast is complete. we were eating breakfast while they were blowing dust with those leaf blowers - that was a bit annoying. i realize there are not many good chances to do this but breakfast is not one of them - lunch time would be better because most people will go out for lunch.

Room Tip: it was well worth paying extra for the upgraded rooms, the nicer rooms are around the round pool, so...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I love this place, the moment I drove onto the parking area I knew I picked the right place. Paul (one of the owners) met me at the entrance ( Paul and Bruce are great),after signing in he took me on a tour of the property, I could feel the pride he had for the resort as we walked through the property, so beautiful and well maintained. My room was perfet for me, a nice decor, very clean and comfortable and a private patio. The first morning I checked out the breakfast, it was above average with hard boiled eggs, cereal, baked goods, fruit and more, when I walked into the breakfast area I met several people and all were friendly ( I travel alone so it is nice to meet friendy people with a nice greeting). After going on a hike I came back and prepared for some sun, several people passed by me and said hello, some stopped and talked. What I am saying here is that the El Mirasol has a very friendy layed back theme to their resort, no head banging or wild things going on. I like the natural look (nude) but noticed a mixture of textile and nude people (I like to have the choice of being nude or not). I can tell you that all the staff at the El Mirasol are friendly, that made me feel very comfortable. If asked about a guys resort in Palm Springs I suggest th El Mirasol every time, pick this palce and you will not be disapointed. One more thing, I am middle aged so I can't speak for guys in their 20s but I did meet some of them and they were great to visit with. Did I talk a lot or what? Good luck and enjoy the most beautiful city in the USA.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2013

One of the best experiences for me in Palm Springs. Paul and Bruce do a wonderful job of making guests feel welcome and comfortable. I stayed in the single room next to the office and it was perfect for me (and easily would have been comfortable for a couple). From the nice little breakfast bar they provide to the beautifully landscaped pathways, it set the tone for a relaxing and stress-free environment. The other guests were also so friendly plus the support staff on site tended to all my needs and kept both the room and property well kept. All of the staff were super nice. Thanks guys for making it a great Memorial Day Weekend. I will recommend to friends.

Mark, Long Beach/CA

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2013

First I want to start off by saying I've never stayed at a clothing optional resort. I was a little hesitant when I booked my room because of all the unknowns. From the minute I walked onto the property I felt completely comfortable. One of the owners, Paul, greeted my partner and I upon check-in and gave us a tour of the property. The grounds were gorgeous and the property was well maintained. I have never, ever, met a nicer staff. The housekeeping staff was so friendly, the maintenance man was great and Paul was the best.

I'd like to point out there are many clothing optional places to stay in Palm Springs. Each property offers something different (we did a little research on several places during our stay.) El Mirasol offered exactly what I was looking for. The clientele was mixed. There were a few older couples (60's) a few middle aged (40-50's) and a few younger folks (20-30's). I was worried that everyone there would have rock hard bodies and look like they just stepped off the cover of GQ Magazine. This was not the case. There was every shape, size, and look at the property which made me feel part of the whole clothing optional experience. There were some folks who never took off their bathing suit but many who did.

We booked a one bedroom suite and the amount of space we had was impressive. Although the rooms are a little dated they were spotless! They key words here are, "a little dated." Ive stayed at places that were more dated and places that were more modern. What I look for in a room is whether or not it's, clean, it has a comfy bed and everything is in good working order. This room fit the bill. The price we paid for the value we received was spot on. To add to the experience, there was a great continental breakfast with plenty of options each morning.

I cannot wait to visit the resort again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Just want to thank you Paul and Bruce to your part in making our Palm Springs weekend a relaxing one. You have done a great job keeping up the property, and your staff was very friendly and professional. We also met some interesting fellow travelers from diverse regions of country and world. Looking forward to our next Palm Springs adventure.
Sandy and Michael
St. Pete, Florida

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

A birthday celebration week for a friend brought me to El Mirasol, where seven of us were all staying to honor the birthday boy. It was my first sojourn at a Palm Springs resort, and I found it quite inviting! It's got a fun and pleasing layout with nicely landscaped paths going here and there. The rooms, grounds, and two pools are kept up immaculately. When it comes to accommodations, there are quite a number of options in terms of room size and price. It is such a clean and comfortable place--I slept well.

All of that would be enough to bring me back, but what sticks with me more than these things (I'm writing this three months after my stay) is the warm hospitality of El Mirasol. The owners, Paul and Bruce, went out of their way to put together a birthday lunch for the seven of us celebrants, and I just found that really wonderful. They and the rest of the staff were genuinely friendly and fun to talk to. Staying there helped me better understand why gay guys love Palm Springs.

It was a relaxing and memorable trip to Palm Springs for me, and El Mirasol was a large part of that.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Returned to El Mirasol after a lapse of three years. It was like coming home. Great welcome from owners Paul and Bruce. I was happy to see some refreshing of the decor. The grounds and pool are pristine. This is a great gay resort to visit if you are looking for a quiet and relaxing time. Still one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo