“Pleasant enough! Just scared of the shower!”
Review of El Mirasol Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
El Mirasol Villas
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed the El Mirasol Villa gay resort in Palm Springs over the weekend of 4/23 and 4/24/11. First, owner/operators are *very* friendly and helpful, the grounds were lush and clean and welcoming, the two pools (one heated, one not) were clean and refreshing, and the jacuzzi was wonderful. My room was just ok. I was at a poolside room near the non-heated pool. The room was a bit outdated, with tube-TV, dollar-store CD player (but it did work), the bed was fairly comfortable, the furniture somewhat mismatched, mixed what seemed to be 70s and 90s. Wifi worked fine. The continental breakfast was ok (coffee, cereal, fruit, etc.). Overall, not as expensive as bigger, suite hotels....but....

My biggest beef was with the shower -- and a good shower can make or break a trip (maybe it's just me). Come on...for $160 a night you'd think you would get a shower head from this century. I want to attach photos here of this shower head and shower stall. It was so painful, especially after being in the sun, and I've been in larger shower stalls on an RV. The last time I saw shower heads like this was in the original Friday the 13th - Camp Crystal Lake (which is what I thought when I saw it). The mildew growing all over the inside of the shower was terrible, and the next morning I had to forego my normal shower routine -- I just couldn't do it. For this fact alone, I could not stay here again, unless they have better rooms? Perhaps. Are they in the process of updating? Perhaps.

They do have parking, but not too many spaces - if you come back from the bars or nightlife late, after 10 or 11, it was difficult to park here - had to park on the street outside and was worried about a ticket. You don't get a reserved spot.

But I must say again, the staff was incredible and the grounds are beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask to see the shower first.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank gydyup

Reviewed March 21, 2011

This was my first time in Palm Springs. I have to admit, based on what i heard about the city i wasn't so sure I would love it. I was wrong. Paul and Bruce at El Mirasol couldn't have made me feel more at home. I was finished with business a day early and I did not want to stay an extra night in LA so I asked the folks at El Mirasol if I could check in a day early. It was not a problem at all. The Villas have this beautiful, oasis escape feel to them, and yet you are right in the middle of downtown Palm Springs. Everything, restaurants, shopping, gym, bars, are all within walking distance, and no more than a 5 to 10 minute drive away. I was sad to leave after my 8 days. I will certainly be back.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank maximilliandavis
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I've stayed at many of the gay resorts in Palm Springs. El Mirasol is the ONLY resort I've returned to many times in the last several years. It has the most beautiful grounds of any of the Gay Resorts in town. The rooms are impeccably clean. The continental breakfast is great. Hosts Paul & Bruce are kind and caring and make you feel welcome. I won't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank gacollum
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I had stayed at this resort several years ago with a partner, but had very little recollection of it so I decided for this trip I would check it out again to refresh my memory.
The room was nice sized with King bed, fridge, good sized TV a few chairs and a small table. A very large closet with ironing gear for those of you that need it. The bathroom was ok. Ample sized, but the shower/tub could have used a make over, but it was doable.
The crowd was small due to off season, but friendly. Summer in Palm Springs can be a bit on the warm side, but the pool makes it all worth while. And speaking of pools.....this place has 2 pools, one at each end of their little compound. Both were very nice and offered plenty of seating. A nice continental breakfast was included which offered, muffins, bagels, coffee, fruits, cold cereals, and hard boiled eggs.
Their Wi-Fi could use some help, or perhaps my room just was out of range. I was never able to connect, but a signal was detected, albeit a weak one.
This resort is in the "Warm Sands" neighborhood, with plenty of "resorts" in the area. I cannot compare this to any of the others only because I have never stayed at any other there, but their reputation is more party oriented. The El Marisol Villas is a very laid back non-pretentious alternative to the party resorts in town.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank QguyLB
Reviewed July 23, 2010

This was my partners and i first trip together and his first vacation in years . First off we arrived a few hours early and the hotel was generous enough to let us check in early. Our room was just as it looked in the photos but was actually bigger in person. The room was very clean and especially the bed and linens which is very important to us. The free continental was not only convenient but delicious with a large array of food and juices to choose from. The grounds were very well taken care of and the pool was clean and very refreshing. Not only do i strongly recommend El Mirasol Villas to you all, i am planning another trip there for us before the end of summer. Did i mention the friendly and courteous staff.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bihiomie69
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I received a wonderful massage by Samuel who provides this service at El Mirasol.
I have lower back issues and he was able to provide me with an excellent massage that released the tension and opened it up. If you have the time for a massage, I suggest you take advantage of this service.

A. Waren

Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank HappyTripsalways
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My first visit to Palm Springs was accented by my stay at "El Mirasol". Its owners, Paul and Bruce, were the most gracious and welcoming hosts, making you feel right at home at their beautiful resort. The grounds have a tropical feel, with bright, blooming flowers, hummingbirds dancing about, interesting cacti, palm trees, and fantastic views of the mountains all around. Everything from the spacious rooms/bungalows , breakfast provided, pools and excellent staff, made for a most comfortable and relaxing visit.. The location is walkable to downtown and the clubs, a definite plus. I will definitely return and highly recommend El Mirasol, a gem in the desert. See you there. Greg

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo