All reviews the barn garden room family style dinner fire pit complimentary sangria communal dinner art books french press coffee frozen grapes private patio walls are very thin other guests hot tub yogurt an oasis in the desert fresh towels hard boiled eggs
Reviewed February 8, 2016

This is a very unique property. I have traveled a lot, and Sparrows Lodge is quite memorable. Greeted by Jon, who turned out to be the most amazing host turned friend, the tone was set for a wonderful week at the Lodge. Great complimentary breakfast with homemade yogurt, granola, thick slabs of bread with their homemade jam and French press coffee.....also great lunches for purchase, again amazing food! Many peaceful niches to enjoy, in their fireplace room, outside by the fire pit, or poolside. My favorite amenity was the use of their cruiser bicycles which were a blast to ride all around Palm Springs! Those, and did I mention how cool Jon is? I miss him already!

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled with family
4  Thank Cindy K
Jason P, General Manager at Sparrows Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2016

Hi Cindy K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to wright a review for us! We love that Jon made such an impact on your stay, he is such a great addition to the team and we thank you for calling his hard work out to us!

Please let us know when you are ready to rebook!

Jason

Reviewed February 4, 2016

I stayed for five nights and was so surprised to see that this place was all that and more.

The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home especially John Hood. He goes around and smudges the area with delicious sage which gives the area a very earthy cool aroma.

Breakfast is very simple but very satisfying.

Lots of little sitting areas of beauty. There is a very good vibe on this property.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled solo
3  Thank DreJackson60
Jason P, General Manager at Sparrows Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2016

Hi DreJackson60,

Thank you much for your amazing review. We love that you noticed all of the fun little details like the smudging, breakfast and little private nooks all over the property. We will be sure to share this with John. He's certainly one of our barn stars!

Whenever you are ready to rebook please feel free to reach out to me personally.

Reviewed February 4, 2016

I didn't actually stay here (it was completely booked) so I cannot speak to the rooms. However, I had to visit it. It was delightful. The garden area is lovely. I sat there for ~30 minutes enjoying a margarita and watched birds come and go between the bird feeders and the bird baths while enjoying the sweet smells of the flowers blooming nearby. We enjoyed a burger from the barn kitchen which was DELICIOUS. I loved the place so much that I came back 2 days later to relax on the couches in the middle of the property and read another book (and have another burger+margarita). The staff was so kind and sweet. They even brought me a blanket to snuggle up with when the sun went behind the clouds.
If and when I come back to PS I will absolutely book a room here.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica L

Hello Jessica L,

We are so thrilled that you were able to enjoy (and loved) even just a little bit of what the sparrows and barn kitchen has to offer. Thank you so much for your review. Whenever your travels lead you back to Palm Springs, be sure to contact me so we can get you booked!

Reviewed February 1, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Sparrow Lodge for our 26th Wedding Anniversary in January and it was one of my favorite small Boutique Lodges that I've stay in...I love smaller quaint hotels and this one fits the bill its relaxing,it has lots of little Nooks crannies to cuddle up in for reading,close to downtown, and friendly staff. If in Palm Springs this is a must-stay.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Travelyn D

Hi Travelyn D,

Thank you for your review. We are so honored that you chose to spend such a special occasion with us at the lodge. Its so great to hear that you loved the unique private spaces, our location and great staff.

Please let me know when you would like to stay again!

Reviewed January 31, 2016 via mobile

Everything excellent from start to finish for a short one night stay. Try to stay longer!
No reception counter, only a welcoming area with bar, food, tables and couches. No paper work, just your key and invitation to the amenities.
Stroll past the pool to your room and if lucky a larger room with gas log fireplace.
Each room has a private or not private outside area with lounges in our out of the sun.
Lunch, dinners some evenings, and nice breakfast are served, with the breakfast coming with the room.
No car needed for a Thursday thru Sunday downtown visit, as a free trolley stops at a bus stop a block from the lodge. Return until 1am.
This is a low key place, where everyone does a great job.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BoulderNut
Jason P, General Manager at Sparrows Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2016

Hi BoulderNut,

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so glad that you enjoyed all of the details and amenities the Sparrows Lodge has to offer. Next time we would love to help you stay even longer!

Whenever you are ready to rebook please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Sparrows Lodge