“Our favorite place in the entire Palm Springs area”

A Place in the Sun Garden Hotel
Ranked #5 of 22 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We've been staying there 2-3 times every year since 2001.

Close to downtown Palm Springs; the bungalows, while not brand new, are very clean, have kitchens and their own patio.

Kids (and dad) love the pool (spending 5-6 hours a day in it) and the spa - not to mention the breakfast cereals (breakfast included in the price).

Always felt welcome and just like home - very friendly and helpful staff and owners.

We've seen and stayed in other places but this is definitely the place which makes most sense for our needs.
Definitely recommend this place

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed October 15, 2009

The charming A Place in the Sun Hotel is a gem in the desert. My husband and I have been coming here for many years. We can't imagine staying anywhere else.We love the fact that its a small quaint hotel with lots to offer. The rooms are always very clean. This hotel is also pet friendly which is a plus for us! We love the idea of walking out the front door and being steps away from the pool and beautiful garden area. And imagine walking out your back door to your own very private patio and yard! Great for our dog and just relaxing..I also love the fact that behind the hotel is a riverbed with walkways and trails . It's a great place to take quiet walks .I love to walk out there as the sun is going down over the mountains-so beautiful! The hotel is also located on a quiet street so there is not loud traffic. Owners Norma and Ron Van Meeteren and staff are very friendly and make you feel right at home. We feel so fortunate to have found this perfect little oasis in the desert.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Our stressfull jobs & busy lives always lead us to our Home away from Home, A Place In the Sun. We have been going to this resort now for over 8 years & are able to relax and enjoy our stay and this hidden gem of the desert. Recent updates to the rooms and pool area have made this Palm Springs best kept secret. The hotel is warm, inviting and well kept. Ron & Norma treat all the guests as family & many of the guest we meet during our stays are repeat customers which says alot for the level of customer service delivered by Ron, Norma & staff. We have recommended this place to many friends & family who now have also become repeat customers throughout the past years. Ron, Norma & staff dote over their guest which makes everyone feel like they are staying with family. On Labor Day weekend, Ron cooked a BBQ feast for all the guests which is just one example of their way of treating guests like family. Ron & Norma have always been accomodating and no request is too big. Staying with Ron & Norma has now become a yearly tradition always to be looked forwarded to. Thanks Ron & Norma for creating a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere!

Alberto, Martha, Scott, Marian, Greg, Miguel & Family

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2009

I had to travel to Palm Springs for a conference this weekend from my home in San Diego and discovered this hotel on the Business Traveler website. The hotel had never been reviewed, but I am going to remedy that situation here. Simply put, I would highly recommend this little hideaway..
The hotel was not only great, it exceeded my expectations on many levels. I'll start with the friendly owners, who were incredibly helpful over the phone. The manager on duty on arrival, Joe was not only accomodating, he gave us all many pointers on bargain shopping, restaurants, and attractions. His directions were accurate and he had a great sense of humor to boot.
The hotel itself was a group of about 16 bungalows set in a oasis like setting, the 1950's charm has been well preserved. I stayed in a large unit with a kitchenette, dining room, huge bath, a small backyard, and living area with a sectional sofa. It was actually more like a small apartment, rather than a hotel room. The hotel is in a residential neighborhood with expensive homes surrounding it, and the hotel is minutes from the medical center and downtown attractions and shopping.
There is a newish salt water pool and seperate spa, both pristine. There was even a new putting green right outside my room. There is a gazebo with a barbecue pit, and a free continental breakfast with bagels, English muffins, cereals, fresh fruit, and other sweets and pastries, on this day, a lemon iced bundt cake.
The hotel was quiet, the room was clean as a whistle, the a/c cold, and everything WORKED!!
To wrap this all up, if you like your hotel formulaic and predictable, check into the Hyatt or Hilton. This hotel impressed me as in its personal service, cleanliness, accomodations, and comfortable rooms. I will definitely return for another stay when I return to Palm Springs. R. Krieger

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Darling bungalows, friendly staff, beautiful grounds & pool. Just a great place to get away for a quiet trip to Palm Springs. Far enough from downtown to be tranquil, but close enough to walk over for dinner or a night out. Can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2009

This is my 4th time staying at A Place in the Sun and I can honestly say I love the nostalgic charm. The un pretentious atmoshere and genuine sincerity of the on-site staff keep me coming back. My comfort is their #1 priority and I'm not just a room number attached to a magnetic plastic key. After a long day of work I welcome the sound of water cirrculating in the fountains that are intermingled amongest the quietness of the beautifully landscaped inner area. Perfectly manicured palm trees illuminated at night with lights, surround the pool and spa, which are the focal point of the garden area. This tranquil setting compels me to dip into the refreshing water of the pool and relax in the spa. A great way to de-stress after a day that may have been stressful!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Can't recommend this historic hotel enough. The setting is beautiful, simple, and elegant, the personal care delivered by staff is first-rate, and the rooms are clean and very well-furnished. The hotel is located close enough to downtown Palm Springs and other attractions to be convenient, yet isolated enough to offer peace and relaxation. If you have pets traveling with you, there is simply no better place to go in the Palm Springs area. Many of the rooms have patios and small yards in which dogs can run, and animals, on lead, are allowed in the atrium. Even if you don't bring your dogs with you, but are a dog-admirer, you will appreciate the welcome that they are given.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple