“Outstanding Property & Service”

and 1 more site!
The Hacienda at Warm Sands
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This was our first stay at the Hacienda, and we've already booked our next visit.

We were in a Deluxe Suite, and the room was beautiful and huge, with a separate living room and kitchenette with a small dining table. The furnishings are tasteful--sort of a Palm Springs/tropical mix.

The grounds are immaculately maintained, with lots of seating around the two spotless pools. Even though we were visiting on Pride Weekend and there were tons of activities throughout the city, it seemed most guests wanted to stay at the Hacienda!

Even with the amazing amenities, it's really the staff that makes the Hacienda shine. They have a very high staff-to-guest ratio, and it shows. The staff is attentive, without hovering. Lunch is included in the room rate, and one day we went to explore the city and got back a little after lunch; the staff had wrapped up our food and placed it into our refrigerator for us. If you are at the Hacienda at lunchtime, the staff will set up your lunch in your room or out by the pool.

Our fellow guests were great guys. While I'm sure the crowd varies, most were in couples and were in their 40's to 60's. Probably 50-60% took advantage of the clothing-optional aspect of the resort.

You won't regret staying at this top-notch resort!

5  Thank Norwalker1

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband and I loved the Hacienda. We stayed in a junior suite and loved the kings size bed, the incredible shower and the separate sitting room with it's own TV. We were in Palm Springs during a record cold snap and the pool was still perfect for my morning swim and the hot tub was wonderful. The Hacienda staff couldn't have been nicer. The breakfast spread and lunches were great. The Warm Sands neighborhood is a perfect place to stay in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. We stayed in a Junior Suite which was wonderful. The day we checked out we...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bradley K
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Been to Palm Springs many times. Started off staying at various resorts in the Warm Sands area. After a while, I got a bit fed up with the standard, safety and customer service issues with one or two of the resorts. Since then I have stayed at The Hyatt (downtown). After reading the amazing reviews about The Hacienda, I decided to give Warm Sands another go. I wasn't disappointed! I was lucky enough to be up-graded to the Grand Deluxe Suite (thank you guys). They even allowed me to have a very early check-in. Some hotels/guest houses will refuse you an early check in, even if the room is available.

The guy at the desk was very friendly, as were all the staff. My suite was gorgeous. Spotlessly clean, and tastefully furnished. Every amenity I could think of, was there. A great touch is the lunch provided, either at poolside or left in your room, if you're out. This was very handy for me, as I'm not really a big eater during the day. So I had my choice of very nice food, waiting for me in my refrigerator when I got back to my room, after a day out.

A big plus, was that the place feels very secure. Some other nearby resorts had a problem with people jumping the walls at night for cruising purposes, which I found creepy, and unsafe. No such problem here. This is not a party/cruise resort. There are other places nearby for that, and you can buy day-passes for them. This is a place to relax and hang out with friends ect...

This property is a big step up from the other local resorts. Yes you pay a little more, but as in life, you get what you pay for, and in my opinion, the Hacienda provides great value.

I now have a somewhere I can book with confidence in Palm Springs. Very happy man!!

One of the staff asked me if I could thing of anything to improve the resort etc... I honestly couldn't think of anything at all.

Room Tip: Splurge and get the Grand Deluxe Suite. Worth every penny!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank adam1966
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Hacienda is by far the best boutique style accomdation that we have had the fortune to stay at. This was our second stay and if was as if nothing had changed. Aside from being in a great location, close to down town, the facilities, cleanliness and possibly their greatest asset, their staff are exceptional. We have stayed in many fine hotels in our travels and the Hacienda is certainly up there what they have to offer. We will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IMDK
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My partner and I just returned from our first stay at the Hacienda. We loved this place. The staff is astoundingly friendly and helpful,- the owners who hosted a happy hour were delightful - our suite was impeccably clean and comfortable with every amenity one could hope for. There's is a terrific breakfast and a great selection of lunch choices that you can order to have by either of two pools or in your suite. The small resort is delightfully quiet, but it's a place where it is easy to get get to know other guests - all of whom great to be around. We loved it and will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank wnydavid
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was our third and not our last stay at The Hacienda.
As we have become to expect, everything met our expectations. From the welcome, to getting our own pillows, attention to detail, cleanliness, helpfulness and friendliness of the staff... this was a truly wonderful experience. The resort is quiet but you can quickly meet nice people from all over who help enhance the stay. The breakfast spread is of excellent quality. Wide choice of always fresh salads or sandwiches for lunch. Well located in the Warm Sands area, walking distance to downtown, restaurants and bars. We had a great suite, well equipped, and well maintained. The Hacienda is THE place to stay in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: The size of the resort is such that every suite but one has a direct pool view. The view from the fr...
5  Thank oscartravel
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is our second trip to the Hacienda at Warm Sands. I didn't think that they could outdo themselves but they did. Stephen and his staff are ever present but never intrusive. They are genuinely friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are impeccably maintained. Breakfast and lunch are a wonderful perk that you rarely find in hotels today. Lunch is served at poolside, in your room or put in your fridge if you happen to be out.

My partner and I have travelled all over the world, staying in five star properties but nothing equals the overall experience at The Hacienda.

Gay travellers, whether single or couple will never be disappointed.

6  Thank IanandEd