“First Time At Hacienda”

The Hacienda at Warm Sands
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I needed to go to Palm Springs for a memorial and made a weekend out of it. I was told to stay at The Hacienda because it was close to everything and also wasn't like some of the other places on Warm Sands Drive, which I was told, could be a sleazy. The recommendation couldn't have been more spot on. The staff was amazing, the environment stunning and it couldn't be more perfectly located. I had a wonderful weekend even though I was there for a rather sad occasion. I would highly recommend this to anyone that wanted rest and relaxation. I did notice a lot of the other guests mingling but I needed time to myself and didn't put myself out there. I believe if you want social activity within the compound, that is there for you too. Thanks to the staff at Hacienda for making it special.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank tomleonardis

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was our first trip to Palm Springs. We usually visit Ft Lauderdale 3-4 times a year and have stayed at most of the gay guest houses there. Nothing there even comes close to the Hacienda.

The staff at the Hacienda are simply wonderful. Every single one of them. The owners were just back from a European vacation, but stopped in to host a happy hour. Lovely, non-pretentious people.

The rooms are over the top at this place. We stayed in the smallest courtyard room #5. Great room, but do yourself a favor and spring for the poolside rooms. It's so worth every penny.

This place pays attention to the little things. Things like extra thick cushioning on the lounge chairs around both pools (touch of luxury). The welcome basket in our room was a nice, unexpected personal touch.

If you need anything at all, just ask. These folks genuinely care about making your stay wonderful. When we checked in, I mentioned that I was training for a marathon and wondered if there were good running areas nearby. Within 3 minutes of being in the room, a staff member had been alerted and printed maps of 6 running trails were delivered. Wow! Again, the little details make this place so wonderful.

The breakfast was adequate and free daily lunch made lounging by the pool all day stress free.

By far, the nicest gay guest house we've ever stayed at. We'll definitely be back!

Stayed: September 2013
8  Thank Dale S
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

This was our third visit to The Hacienda. This place always delivers a five star experience. Breakfast and Lunch are restaurant quality, while the service and accommodations are first class. We always look forward to planning our next trip to Palm Springs mainly because of this relaxing experience.

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank michbiztrvlr
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I recently completed my fifth stay at The Hacienda and I can honestly say that I have never had a bad experience. There are certainly other places to stay in Palm Springs however not one of them can really compare to the comforts at The Hacienda.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank David W
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Hacienda came recommended and I've not been disappointed. The place is great, the staff very friendly, helpful, accomodating but most of all, non-obtrusive.

I love it for the two pools, great rooms with modern, european style, bathrooms, a very reasonable room price including breakfast and lunch and for its staff.

I would recommend it to anyone and would surely come back to it again when in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: I was in the Patio room and loved it because it offered more privacy, yet was in the middle and near...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Mark N
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was our first visit to the Hacienda and we were very impressed by the quality of the accommodation throughout. We were celebrating a birthday and the staff went out of their way to make sure that we were looked after and had a good time.

The breakfasts were wonderful and the lunch menu perfect for a warm relaxing day by the pool.

It's a long way from Europe, but if you are making the trip this is a great place to stay and I would be very confident that you will be happy with what you find.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MGLondon_11
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We've stayed elsewhere in Palm Springs before. We didn't know what we were missing. Many promise an extraordinary experience, but the Hacienda delivers. We visited for some much needed downtime and were impressed with this well kept, friendly and comfortable property. We've got a "new place" at the Hacienda !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple