“Great getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Hacienda at Warm Sands
Washington DC
“Great getaway”
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I stayed here recently by myself and had a great time. The staff is extremely professional and were helpful at every turn. Definitely not a place if you're looking for a scene, but perfect if you want a relaxed and upscale environment. The lunch which is included in the price is better than anything you'll get in town.

• Liked — Location and high quality rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
11 Thank dcindc2003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Arlington, VA
Reviewed February 5, 2008

A great hotel is a factor of both good service and nice amenities. The Hacienda has both to the nth degree. The friendly staff made me feel right at home. They came around to my room with breakfast and lunch, both of which are chef-quality. The staff was constantly attentive to towels at poolside and they kept the grounds spotless. I arrived on an unseasonably cool day and reveled in the deliciously heated pool and hot jacuzzi. The room was kingly in size and filled with items any upper-class home would be proud of. I especially liked the big, flat-screen tv with DVD, the fireplace, the little private patio out back, and the welcoming fruit & snack basket awaiting me upon arrival.

In the morning, I noticed the outdoor lounge was equipped with the New York Times and other daily newspapers, in addition to magazines and tourist information. The DVD collection was overwhelming and diverse.

To put it simply, I was VERY impressed!

• Liked — Heated pool and the very high quality of the service and amenities everywhere.
  • Disliked — Wi-fi access was spotty.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
16 Thank Tyoyafud
San Diego
Reviewed January 2, 2008

My boyfriend and I absolutely loved our stay at the Hacienda. The property itself is very small, only about a dozen suites or so, giving it a very quaint and personal feel to it. The jacuzzi and two heated pools were spectacular. Our room was amazing and had an outstanding attention to detail. What really impressed us, however, was the service. Even before we got there, the staff sent us there recommendations of restaurants and even offered to make us reservations. Once we got there a map to the restaurant was printed and on the table. The manager gave us a tour of the property and our suite and made sure we had everything we needed before leaving for the night.

• Liked — Beautiful suite
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
20 Thank timbotx2000
San Diego
Reviewed December 26, 2007

My partner and I absolutely loved The Hacienda at Warm Sands. We stayed during Palm Springs Pride Weekend and were glad that we chose this place. Our room was nicely decorated and had a view of the pool area. The other guests during our stay were pleasant and nice. The owners and staff were friendly and very accomodating. The free gourmet lunches were an added treat and were placed in our room refridgerator if we were out and about. We would definitely recommend this place -- a 5-star Gay Resort! See you soon!

Stayed November 2007
20 Thank Tumbles619
Cleveland
Reviewed December 19, 2007

I have stayed at this resort several times and have been treated the same each and every time! They are consistent with their exceptional service. They have a unique way of making each and every guest feel special. Disney has the cap on this market; but I will say that Jim and Maurice, the owners, are a close second to Walt Disney himself! I travel extensively on my own and for work which is about 80% travel. I have stayed at many hotels, resorts, B & B's and I feel that I can definately compare and give good feedback. The owners always meet and greet their guests when they are present and when they are not on property their highly trained staff engage in much of the same. They tend to any need that a guest might have. Tom, Steve and Kaleb each have a wonderful personality and their character is highly admired by many. I would recommend this resort to anyone and I have already done so to some of my closest friends. I only wish I would have came across this property many years ago. I have no desire to stay anywhere else once in Palm Springs. Why go anywhere else once you find someone or somewhere that really cares about making your visit a most delightful one!

Stayed November 2007
21 Thank apparent10
Michigan
Reviewed December 7, 2007

My partner and I just completed a four night stay at the Hacienda, and I have to commend the staff and owners for the relaxing, quiet experince we both enjoyed! When we arrived, we were promply greeted at the gate and taken to the office, where we were told that because there was a last minute cancellation, we would be getting an "upgrade" to a suite. Talk about a pleasant surprise. The room was spacicous and immaculate. We enjoyed the use of a efficiency kitchen, dining table, and a terrific living room area. We were poolside, so that was a plus as well. The view from our room showcased a well manicured grounds area. A small area, but pristine just the same. The location of this resort is in the Warm Sands area, and is close to the areas most visitors want to be near, yet is nestled in a quiet area where you don't hear the roar of cars and trucks racing down the road when you are seated outside or sunning poolside.

We also were pleasantly surpirsed at the fine quality of the lunches that were served to you either poolside or in your room. The food was comprised mainly of sandwiches, salads, or wraps, and were served with a side of potato salad or the like. It was just enough. The food was fresh and tasty. So that was another surpirse. We've stayed at other resorts that serve you a lunch like it was a school cafeteria with a menu that is the same.

The staff is friendly and helpful, and at the same time, respect the fact that you are there for a vacation and deserve to be treated with respect. They certainly illustrate that they value you as a guest and do everything they can to ensure you are satisfied.

One of the owners greeted us during lunch one day and found him to be very gracious and friendly. Again, we've been to resorts where the owners breeze past you and could care less if you are there or not. Sure wasn't the case here.

This is not one of those cruisy resorts where other guests are cruising and peeking in your room, and that was a refreshing experience as well.

The only item worth mentioning is that their hot tub is somewhat small and a bit shallow. Still and all, it was clean and well maintained, so only a small "minus" for the Hacienda.

Book this resort for a future trip. We certainly intend to!

• Liked — Quiet, well manicured grounds, pristine rooms, comfortable beds, gracious staff.
  • Disliked — Small hot tub
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
22 Thank Luv2Travel1956
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 18, 2007

A long time friend and I stayed there for four days in November. We are not partners and were looking for place that where we could relax and catch up on our friendship. The Hacienda turned out perfect for that.

The owners and staff create a relaxed, welcoming environment. The setting is pretty and the environment feel safe. They have the balance between friendliness and unobtrusiveness. That feeling seems to be shared by the other guests we met too. The breakfast and lunch were tasty with a nice selection of healthy choices. They patiently answered all our questions and gave good suggestions when asked. One recommendation was one of the best therapists I have experienced.

Personally, I am sensitive to reducing my impact on the environment as I travel. So the only improvement I would like to have at the Hacienda is in this area (changing linens only when needed, reducing air conditioning, and planting plants more appropriate for a desert environment.).

In short, this is a great option for guys that want a quiet, pretty place to relax and see the sights around Palm Springs

• Liked — Attentive staff
  • Disliked — Environmental impact
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends