“Love La Dolce Vita”

La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I **LOVE** our stays at La Dolce Vita!! We make a point to stay at least once every year. It's one of the few places where we *both* can truly relax! Thanks mostly to Ken, Barry and the staff for making our stays effortless and enjoyable. Everything is taken care of - they are always so attentive. Whether it’s fresh towels you need or a recommendation for dinner. It's like you are staying with old friends. We love it! Ok, so getting into the details: There’s always plenty of parking. Rooms are super clean. Spa is great – very professional. (Get a massage while you’re there!) You’re close to everything: the airport, downtown, gay bars, grocery, restaurants, Koffi (the local coffee spot), shopping. My very favorite thing about La Dolce Vita is the chill, relaxed vibe about the place. Come as you are – all types of guys are welcome – no pretense and no drama. We always wind up making friends. It’s just wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelrob442

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I hadn't been back to Palm Springs in 30+ years and my partner had never been there, so we investigated all gay options and ultimately chose La Dolce Vita. We were celebrating both our birthdays--and a milestone one for my partner--and we were quite happy with our choice. Our Roma-style suite (#108) was roomy and comfortable, looking out onto the front pool. The bathroom was a bit cramped, but fine. We were happy to see that "clothing optional" does not mean "sex den," and that men of all ages and shapes felt comfortable lounging in and around the pools. Guests were as friendly as the owners and staff. (Staffer Barry was especially delightful.)

The hot tubs were relaxing, although one needs some repair, and the front pool was heated warmer than I would prefer, but I'm in a distinct minority. I also had a wonderful massage at the spa and regret that I did not book more treatments. One guest couple told us that they got their massages elsewhere, so to guarantee "happy endings." That wasn't what we were looking for.

Included breakfasts could be a little more deluxe; they were adequate and provided a nice opportunity to interact with others. On two mornings one couple augmented the meager offerings with donuts from nearby Swiss Donuts--outstanding. Others suggested more hearty breakfast options at nearby Manhattan in the Desert, Palm Springs' version of a NY Deli. The owners also provide a happy hour drinks-and-snacks gathering each evening, another opportunity to get to know others.

The location is ideal, close to downtown sites, bars and restaurants; but quiet enough to relax for the day with a book poolside. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ingmar53
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed for 9 days in January 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The resort sits in a sheltered and peaceful location a very short drive from the hustle and bustle of the main part of town.
La Dolce Vita's rooms are comfortable and well-appointed and all look out onto one of two good-sized swimming pools.
The guys who run this resort, Ken & Tim, along with Innkeepers Barry and Craig and other staff gave us a warm welcome, were always on hand, either in person or, after hours, a call away and could not do enough for us. They always had a recommendation to offer or a story to tell and provided a delicious continental-style breakfast, complete with fresh pink grapefruit picked from the resort's own trees.
Several times during our stay we were also invited to a happy hour with free wine to help get to know new arrivals.
In addition to the immaculately maintained pools, there were also jacuzzis and excellent spa & massage facilities.
We cannot recommend La Dolce Vita highly enough and very much look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East Wing face reception and are more 'central'. We stayed in a 'Siena'...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WorldTraveller1960
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This past weekend, I stayed at La Dolce Vita for two nights and was very impressed by the service and attitude of the staff, who appeared to be working there because they really wanted to be there. Particularly welcome was the 20-30% discount that the guesthouse offered on its rooms during January. The lower price made the place affordable for myself and other guests with whom I spoke, and I much appreciated the ability to stay only two nights instead of three. The room itself was bigger than it appeared in the photograph, and I liked the fact that my bathroom was down a little hallway, which reminded me of the houses from the 30's in the neighborhood I grew up in. It is important to note that the rooms do not have a "new" feeling, but they are incredibly clean and the microwave and fridge are very nice to have. For those wondering, there was not a lot of overt sexual activity among the guests, as I had imagined before coming. Whatever happened was more or less discreet, and it seemed that at least half the guests were couples. The quieter environment may or may not suit everyone, but I will say that a handful of guests showed up at the happy hour each evening and that I was able to hang out with a couple with whom I had struck up a conversation. Most of the men were 45+, although I did meet one who was in his thirties like myself. Overall, I highly recommend La Dolce Vita for its beautiful gardens and friendly environment and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: If you choose one of the less expensive rooms, you will end up being located just slightly off the p...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank stp0707
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our first time in Palm Springs. Great place, nice hosts, interesting people, had a lot of fun:-) A very nice gay resort, of course we will stay there when in Palm Springs again! To downtown you have to drive, but there a

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom W
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Loved the property, friendly staff and just good value for the money for a gay men's resort.
The owners Ken and Tim, friendly, very helpful and fun guys. We enjoyed our 2 night stay during one of the coldest December in history. The pools were heated, the sauna was delightful and the Jacuzzis wonderful.....cool crisp air while in warm water....

Room Tip: There are many choices, all face a pool, it is a patio style hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank OneMansPerspectives
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We recently made our third visit to La Dolce Vita and the property looks better than ever. You can swim in one of the two heated pools with beautiful mountain views or enjoy sitting under citrus trees in the hot tubs. Ken and Tim are wonderful hosts, they make you feel like family. Rooms are extremely comfortable with luxurious bedding and come equipped with microwaves and fridges. The resort offers an excellent breakfast including cereals, breads and jams, bagels, oatmeal, juices and coffee. Our visit was short so we did not have an opportunity to try the spa but look forward to it on our next trip. We would not think of staying anywhere else in Palm Springs.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple