La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa
Parker Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
$305
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$111
$90
Ace Hotel and Swim Club(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$196
$149
  • Pool
Caliente Tropics Resort(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$72
Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Restaurant
Hilton Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$136
$130
Hilton.com
  • Pool
The Saguaro Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$129
$134
$128
$149
$119
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Pool
All reviewssweet lifesocial hoursteam roomother guestswest wingroma suitehappy hourowners and staffclothing optional placemake your own wafflespools and hot tubsfourth staygay menplaces in palm springsgracious hostscontinental breakfastquiet neighborhood
Reviewed April 5, 2008

For me, it's all about the patio furniture by the pool. The resort recently replaced its loungers which were OK with these really comfy chairs that make it impossible not to relax. I promised a friend I'd finish his novel during my four-day stay in Palm Springs and kept falling asleep because I was in such a state of bliss.

This resort seems to get better all the time with new touches like the chairs but also a staff that has been there for years so they know their stuff and everything stays pretty ship-shape. Owners Ken and Tim set a nice tone and are both very smart and cool.

The breakfast room has really become this nice space with a flat screen TV on the wall, a comfy sofa and chairs and a set-up that makes it nice to meet some of the other guests in the morning over coffee and bagels or a waffle. The local newspapers are also there so it's pretty much the perfect set-up for me.

And a word about happy hour. During my last stay, the drink of choice was greyhounds made with grapefruits grown on the property. It was a nice touch and it was fun to sip those down and gab with the guys and make dinner plans.

Basically, I felt pretty [----] happy the entire stay and have no complaints. There were plenty of guests there mid-week so I made some new friends and look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Herndoggie
Reviewed March 31, 2008

The owners Ken and Tim were BEYOND gracious, friendly, and so helpful every step of the way to make sure our stay was enjoyable and went above and beyond always.
If you DON'T stay here, you're missing out on THE best place in PS!

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank dougster2810
Reviewed March 27, 2008

We went to Palm Springs to stay with a friend for four days then decided to extend our visit. Rather than impose on our friend we decided to try a "clothing optional" resort as my partner had never had the experience. Even though we are both "Senior Gentlemen" he took to it like a duck to water. And the staff and amenities at La Dolce Vita made the experience all the more enjoyable. We had a large clean and comfortable room right by the pool with lots of storage space for our clothes. We appreciated the nice little touches like the bathrobes and toiletries in the bathroom. A great breakfast selection every morning when we were really only expecting coffee and a muffin. The resort is very central so an easy drive to any of the bars, restaurants or theatres. And the free Happy Hour every evening was a good time to let go the stress of having so much fun and socialize with our fellow guests. We met and chatted with many interesting and friendly guys from all over the US and Canada. It was a most enjoyable stay and we would certainly consider going there again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VanDaddyStuds
Reviewed February 23, 2008

On a whim, my partner and I decided to go to Palm Springs for one night. We'd never stayed at a gay resort, but decided to give it a try. I found La Dolce Vita by doing an internet search. We had a great time and when the next 3-day holiday weekend came around, we decided to go back. La Dolce Vita was our first choice. The staff are awesome and the owners are friendly and very helpful. These are people that work hard to make your stay pleasant. The breakfast and evening social hour are great opportunities to meet new friends. The social hour is especially nice becaue they don't just serve beer and wine...they have a variety of spirits. They have grapefruit trees on the property and will make you the freshest greyhound around. When we checked out, they provided us with a bag of grapefruit to take home. Needless to say, we have another 3-day weekend booked already. The front office has a nice video selection and every imaginable free publication covering activities in the local area, etc. Nice to stay at a place where you feel like you you're
at home. Keep up the good work, guys!

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank surfin8555
Reviewed February 12, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed there for one week and we had an incredible experience. There are not enough good things I can say about the incredibly friendly staff and owners. They were always willing to go beyond their duties to keep us happy and comfortable. The facility is beautiful and clean. This was my first time there and I will definetly be back. Thank you Dolce Vita!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple