“La Dolce Vita Resort - Truly the Sweet Life”

La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa
Irvine, California
“La Dolce Vita Resort - Truly the Sweet Life”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I visited La Dolce Vita for the first time for three days in June. The word that best describes La Dolce Vita is "Classic" Palm Springs. I felt like I was indulging in Palm Springs history while I was at the resort. The lush tropical grounds are well maintained.The resort has an East and West wing each with a pool and whirlpool. The vibe at the resort is casual and relaxed. Each day there is a "Happy Hour" where you get to mix and mingle with the other guests. I stayed in a Milano Suite overlooking the pool in the West wing. My room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The resort has an on premise Day Spa. I visited the Spa twice during my stay for a massage the resort names "The Sweet Life Massage". It's an amazing experience!

I had a great time at the resort meeting fun people, relaxing poolside, and just enjoying the resort. I'm looking forward to going back!

Overall - I give La Dolce Vita FIVE stars!

Room Tip: The Milano Suite is the ideal room if you want extra space and some exclusivity. The rooms are locat...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ZackAsher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Pasadena, California
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My partner & I spent one night at La Dolce Vita along with another couple in June. We usually stay at the same place when we travel to Palm Springs but on this particular trip we decided to try some place new. I read the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and deicded to give the place a try. We reserved a standard room for about $119.00 per night. At this price point my expectations were kind of high.

As we walked through the front door of the resort, my frist impressions were that it had a warm cozy feel to it. The staff were were friendly and accommodating. Our room was nicely decorated & for the most part clean. The breakfast was nice. The two pools & jacuzzi were kept clean. However, as the day went on, I began to take notice of things I hadn't seen before. First of all the resort is old and resembled an old cramped motel. There's nothing wrong with old resorts as long as they are well maintained. The landscaping and common areas were unkept, some of the shrubs and trees were near dead, some of the common areas looked like they hadn't been swept or watered down in days. Additionally, there were white sheets everywhere to cover up delapidated walls and ceilings which made the place look cheap. The outdoor furniture (particularly pool furtniture) were worn, dirty & old, and the pool railings were covered with some sort of elastic cover which was moldy. Our room was small but pleasant, my only complaints about it were that the floor rugs hadn't been washed in some time, I was hesitant to walk on them barefoot, the matress was very bouncy which made it hard to sleep and had it thin sheets, and the bathroom looked as if it had never been updated... it still had that circa 1950's look to it. The resort offers a cocktail hour. However, we decided to pass on it when we saw the low-grade booze and people dipping into the bean dip with their fingers.

By the next day I felt I had spent the night in a $75.00 per night motel room instead of a $119.00 per night room. At this price point I was expecting a bit more fluff & luxury. I think that with a little bit more TLC and attention to small details, this place can be greatly improved and be competitive with the other resorts at the same price point & justify the rates they are currently charging.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Maxx32655
, Owner at La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
We are sorry that there were items at the Resort that bothered you. The Resort was built in 1946. The property was upgraded in 2006 and then again last year. We have no idea which shrubs and trees you saw that were dying or unkept. Some plants can not withstand the 100 plus temperatures in the summer, however, they are removed and replaced with cacti or other succulents. We have a gardening service that cares for the entire property. The “white sheets” sheets you referred to are expensive cabanas that have been attached to the building to give shade and create a relaxing environment. Our guests love them. Our bathrooms were updated last year with a variety of natural stone and granite counter-tops, so we do not understand your statements in reference to this. The rugs in the guest rooms are shampooed once a week. Our social hour is free to our registered guests and is extremely popular and we have never served bean dip, so we are uncertain as to what you saw. We understand that La Dolce Vita is not the right place for you, but, hope you can find what you are looking for.
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed May 11, 2012

What a great place ! I've tried to make yearly trips to paradise and I must say, La Dolce Vita is one of the very best places I have stayed. Ken and his staff made me feel welcmome from the moment I walked through the front gate. Yes it's an older property but, you would not know that from how well maintained it is. The rooms are huge and the double french doors facing the pool truly made it feel like I was staying in an upscale resport spa. If you're looking for a place to relax, enjoy some great new friends, be made to feel welcome, and soak up some incredible sunshine, this is the place.
For the single traveler, it was just right, not a big cruise resort, just great new friends that will be remembered for a lifetime. I felt very comfortable with the group that was very mixed in the clothing optional mode. No one made anyone feel uncomfortable during my stay and it was truly great meeting new friends from all across the globe.
A special thanks to Ken for making my Birthday special ! The Happy Hour grapefruit infused drinks went awesome with the cake. Made me feel very welcome. I'll be making a return trip and bring some more fellas from WA State in the near future.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the pools are huge
1 Thank Andrew Z
los angeles
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I spent 3 lovely days there two weeks ago. They went all to quickly. The rooms were spotless the staff were friendly and inviting.Tim and Ken were very friendly and always make sure that everything is perfect,they always take the time to welcome us and check that all is going well not only with our stay but we as people as well like a very special visitor. They always make us feel special. The spa is wonderful and relaxing, the breakfast nice and inviting the social hour is buzzing with excitement and conversation. the signature drink is made with fresh grapefruit juice from fruit trees grown on the grounds. We will always think of La Dolce Vita as our special get away place for fun and relaxation. Thank you Tim and Ken Sincerely, John and Joe

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I just enjoyed my fourth stay at La Dolce Vita. My room was cozy this time (my choice of a smaller room from among the options), but the bed was comfortable and I slept like a baby, as a bonus I had my own private patio.

This is such a friendly and relaxed inn. The vibe depends on the guests in large part, but from all of my stays I would characterize the overall ambiance as friendly but laid back---a good place to relax. The pools here are lovely, and the steam room and jacuzzi are especially nice.

The breakfast is better than most I've had at similar inns in the area, and the atmosphere in the breakfast area early in the morning can't be beat: light music, fragrant jasmine and grapefruit, and good coffee. Who could ask for anything more?

The owners and staff are all helpful and responsive, and the cocktail hour each evening is always a blast. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The large Milano suites are perfect for anyone who likes to cook. I also prefer the central air in t...
2 Thank ShyChiGuy
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Spent a night there, great grounds, amenities, setting just perfect.
Social hours to greet with the other guests, comfortable firm bed and linens.
Lovely breakfast setting outside. I will go back soon.
Feels like a tropical and high end resort while your money spent on it is not that much and really worth it.

1 Thank travelgay
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We just completed our fourth stay at La Dolce Vita, and couldn't be happier, still, with the resort, the staff, and the level of treatment and comfort. Our rooms have always been clean and well-serviced, and the cleanliness of the linens has always been impeccable. It is a peaceful, relaxed atmosphere and the spa services are wonderful; we always have a massage while there (Frank is excellent) and couldn't be more pleased. We always meet wonderful, down-to-earth guys when we are there (thankfully) and the social hour is always a fun time. We will definitely return in the future

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple