“All Worlds Resort - Palm Springs - Great fun resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of All Worlds Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
All Worlds Resorts
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“All Worlds Resort - Palm Springs - Great fun resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Have stayed several times, in several seasons at All Worlds Resort, Palm Springs.
Each time was great fun with the other guys visiting. Best when the temperature is not 110deg F but still was a great time.
Clean facilities, several great pools, large facility to walk (cruise) around.
Very close to center of the city and to other gay resorts.
Will continue to stay at All Worlds since they also get many locals on "day passes".

Room Tip: Use the room locator map on the website to choose what area you think you'd prefer. Rooms with o...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I manage to get over to Palm Springs about 5 times a year (live in San Diego) and although I have stayed in many hotels in the past, my last 20 visits or so have been at All Worlds Resort. In the heart of old Palm Springs, close to everything, a very nice resort with 4 pools in separate areas, nice amenities, great staff and most of the rooms are very nice, clean and comfortable. I highly recommend !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sdtopdog
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I recently stayed at All World's Resort for a long weekend. It was a great time. The resort is very nice. 4 pools all very clean. The room was clean and nicely decoratored. The grounds are kept in perfect order. Everything was in working order and teh stadd was very friendly. They were having a Cinco de Mayo party that weekend. The DJ and stripper made sure everyone was enjoying them selves. All in all a grerat location, close to downtown and all that Warm Sands has to offer. I have stayed at other places, for the price you can't beat this place. The sexual atmosphere is highly charged and there are men for all your tastes.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrew M
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

We recently stayed at All Worlds Resort over Easter weekend. I have stayed there many times before over the years and have always had a great time. Last Easter was no different. I stay in the 300 area. There are actually 4 pool areas at the resort. It is spacious and very well kept. I was up very early one morning and the pool boy was out cleaning and checking on the pool. Staff members always seem to be around cleaning and making sure the resort is tidy.
All the staff are friendly and helpful. They always chat with you and make jokes and are always willing to help or answer a question. The staff really make the place. It's so nice to stay somewhere with great staff. Perfect location also. Plenty for parking. We look forward to going to Palm Springs again and staying at All Worlds Resort.

Room Tip: I have always stayed in the 300 area. The pool is smaller but I like the layout of the rooms and poo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

First time there, staffs are friendly, pool was spacious, and room is clean. Because was on the weekday, the rooms were not fully booked, so they just upgraded my room for free. Will go back again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

The first warning sign should have been the sign prominently displayed above the check-in counter saying "no refunds on early checkout." I'm guessing that early checkout-- and arguing about refunds for it-- is an everyday occurrence at All Worlds.

That said, I will start with the positives, which there were some. I had a smooth and easy check-in, and they were friendly at the front desk during my entire stay. The room was larger than I expected and clean enough (if you didn't look too hard). Everything in the room was cheap and basic, but functional. The bed surprised me by being very comfortable. I am usually very picky about this even in high-end hotels, but this one I liked (but again, don't examine the sheets and blankets). The grounds are surprisingly large with multiple pools and hot tubs, all of which were clean and offered gorgeous views of the mountain backdrop.

So why just one star? Because the negatives completely overwhelmed the positives. A few points which are kind of minor but certainly irritating: there is no internet connectivity, despite them telling me several times that "the whole place is wireless". None of my devices were able to connect to the All Worlds wireless networks. One guest overheard me talking to a staff member about this. As the staff member tried to tell me that there must be something wrong with my devices (all of them), the guest chimed in "oh, it never works". There was a desktop computer in the All Worlds 'library' that I tried to use, but it didn't work. That computer looked like it had been fished from a recycling dump in about 1997. Incidentally, I had no trouble connecting to the wireless networks at the local Starbucks and the Palm Springs library.

Another point-- which I found more amusing than truly bothersome-- they only get about five television channels at All Worlds. I wasn't there too watch TV, but it was still odd. Not only that, it was a weird selection of channels, like Spike, TNT, CNN, and Fox Business. No network channels. I didn't even think that was possible. What cable package do they subscribe to? I had to laugh. Also, they claim to have five closed circuit adult channels, but only one was working, and it was showing a grainy film that must have been vintage 1981.

As far as some of the amenities: the "gym" was just a small dingy room with some broken equipment. The steamroom was a moldy gross mess. It is clear they just leave it alone. The separate darkroom reminded me of the back section of a ramshackle adult bookstore that you find might off a lonely stretch of state highway: filthy, rank, and thoroughly depressing. There was no "hot action" going on in there (that was going to have to remain squarely in my imagination of the place). It was either completely empty or populated by two or three souls aimlessly pacing around, all waiting for something more interesting to come in. And nothing more interesting ever did.

There is no "guest house" experience here. A typical guest house would have natural settings-- breakfast or evening drinks or something, where you would meet the other guests in a friendly environment and get to know them over the course of your stay. Not at All Worlds, forget it. Nothing like that. Several locals use the pool for sunbathing, but they are there to relax alone or with friends, not mingle with tourists.

For the most part, during the day I would say the place is almost acceptable (almost), but at night... wow. I certainly understood that All Worlds had a different vibe than other places, but I misunderstood what that different vibe was. I was expecting it to be "friskier" than other places, but it really wasn't-- it was actually completely dead on that front. What you have instead in the evenings are zonked out young tweakers running around doing tweaker things, and at the other end of the life spectrum, sad-looking old guys wandering around the grounds in constant loops for several hours before giving up and going home. There weren't very many of either group, but that's about all there was.

Two specific experiences: on one morning I was woken up by cigarette smoke wafting into my room and some chatter I couldn't quite make out. When I went to investigate, there was a young kid (18? 19?) smoking away in front of my door and chatting on his cell in a very animated fashion. All I can remember thinking is "have I ever been on the phone at 5 in the morning? And who could he be talking to?" It was in Spanish so I didn't understand any of it, but it went on for a long time. I shut the window and that was going to have to be good enough.

The next night I noticed that the room directly opposite mine had a lot of activity. Several guys were coming in and staying for very short periods before coming back out. The door kept opening and closing. And weird things would happen in the room: for example, the light would go on, then turn off a minute later, then come back on. The blinds would open, stay that way briefly, then close, then open again. The door would sometimes open without anyone coming in or out, stay open three minutes, then close again. It was bizarre and very creepy. I wouldn't say I felt endangered, but I was certainly leery of it, leery enough to gather my valuables and hide them as best I could. When I woke up at about 6am-- I was shocked to find that the room was STILL active in the same way (the pace was slower, but the general description of activities was the same). I have no idea what the hell was going on in there and I'm sure I don't want to know.

That was enough. I packed up and left. Alas, I was checking out early. I didn't bother asking about a refund. All Worlds simply couldn't survive if people checking out early were ever given refunds. I just wanted out. I didn't have the energy to worry about money I knew I wasn't going to get back anyway.

By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if some Palm Springs locals have a very different impression of the place (some don't, I asked). If I lived in PS, I can actually imagine coming to All Worlds on warm, sunny afternoons to soak up the rays in a comfortable all-male environment with some friends. If you only are relying on the place to provide a pool and a beat-up lounge chair and nothing else, it's probably not that bad. Unfortunately, I was a paying overnight guest and had a few other expectations.

Room Tip: It's a large resort. Choose a room away from the main pool, there is a lot of smoking in that a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
28 Thank Kev1971

Travelers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

My best friend and I decided to do a long weekend (Thursday - Monday) and another friend recommended All Worlds. In order to keep costs down, we decided to share a room. Fortunately, All Worlds Resort has anticipated situations like ours by creating "buddy rooms". My friend used the main room with King size bed and I had the separate bedroom with a queen. We shared the bath. There were actually 3 doors to the room so we could easily come and go as we pleased. Rooms were very clean, although the shower could use a little updating. Overall, the common areas are great. Multiple pools and plenty of places to lay in the sun with great views of the mountains. Of course, clothing optional is greatly appreciated. Also loved the fact that they have filtered water poolside so I could regularly fill up my water bottle. The staff was also very helpful. We had such a good time that we are actually repeating the same trip in late April. I highly recommend All Worlds!

Room Tip: Use one of the Buddy Rooms (116, 117 or 118) if you're traveling with a friend. Large room, wit...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
#3 of 43 in Palm Springs
Warm Sands Villas
Warm Sands Villas
#16 of 43 in Palm Springs

Been to All Worlds Resorts? Share your experiences!