1,321 results
All reviews el jefe bright colors tequila bar purple carpet colorful hotel pool area pool party tacos ping pong table fun hotel free shuttle younger crowd third floor fitness center large pool mini fridge mid week
Reviewed August 30, 2018

My wife and I purchased this hotel through a Groupon. It was a a great rate and had heard good things about the hotel. The pool, bar, and service was fantastic. The view while sitting at the pool was so uniquely breathtaking.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Shantina B, Front Office Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for your great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our views are amazing. I hope you come back to visit in the winter so you can see the snow capped mountains while enjoying our pool!! You will love it!!

Reviewed August 29, 2018

We loved this hotel - it is literally my favourite hotel that I've been to. The colours are so pretty, the pools are fun (it's great having the two warm pools/spas too), and the food from the restaurant is delicious (we got the grilled cheese/bacon/tomato for three nights in a row, it was so good). The fitness centre is small but handy. There's also a supermarket directly across the road, which is really convenient.

I was travelling with my 9 year-old daughter, and she loved it too, especially the pool. I'd recommend bringing a lilo/pool floatie - we did that, and the kids loved it.

The rooms are colourful - we had the pink room, and my daughter loved that.

We arrived at the end of the Sunday pool party, and I'm glad that most of our stay wasn't like that. For families, or if you want to relax, weekdays would definitely suit you better.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor facing the pool have a lovely view.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed our pool and our bright décor!! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

All the updated areas of the hotel are super cute, like the outside, the restaurants, pool area, and lobby. That’s about where it stopped for me. The hotel is also rated as a four star hotel, but I can wholeheartedly disagree with that fact. I first noticed something was amiss as soon as I walked into the room. It had a weird smell of deodorizer trying to cover up spilled and dried alcohol and cigarette smoke. The hotel labels itself with non-smoking hotel rooms, but offer cigarette trays out in the balcony. I appreciate the gesture, but that doesn’t stop its occupants from smoking in the balcony with the balcony door open. Honestly, the hotel room looked like an old Motel 6 had been “remodeled” by just painting the fixtures in cute colors. Right away I noticed hair around the sink. Ok, whatever, a couple hairs.. but then I saw it. A fallen press on nail laying against the wall and towel rack as I go to dry my hands. I stared at it every time I washed my hands. The bed wasn’t too comfortable, and I had woken up both nights with a bit of a sore back. Another detail that gets me is that the beds didn’t have fitted sheets. Just a regular sheet wrapped around a stained mattress. :( the hotel wasn’t terrible. I’ll give it that. Especially if you stay when they have a party, I would say maybe it would be worth it. Honestly though, for $573 for 2 nights is a bit much, and I wished we had spent just a little more and stayed at a nicer hotel. Oh, if you’re NOT into partying, and still decide to stay at this hotel, make sure you’re not staying during a party day. It was loud. Like, really loud. Two people at check out had complained about how loud the music was.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jacqueline R
Reviewed August 21, 2018

We were looking forward to our stay at The Saguaro, however we left saying that we will never stay here again. This hotel is trying to be hip and cool, but it's pretty much a disaster. The only thing we liked about it was the Mexican restaurant and bar in the lobby (the servers and bar tender were really attentive and nice). We had read previous reviews about the hotel's weekend pool parties, so that didn't come as much of a surprise when we checked in. It was pretty slammed and the music was really loud with massive speakers set up all around the lounge chairs. We weren't feeling the vibe and it was brutally hot outside, so we thought to come back to the pool at 9pm when the party was over, however the water looked questionably cloudy. The hotel itself is outdated. The elevator didn't work, the wifi gave out, our AC unit in our room was loud, the decor inside the room was non-existent, we didn't have hot water in our shower, the AC was broken in their gym which was brutal, and we asked someone at the front desk to have the jug of water refilled in the lobby (since it was 110 degrees outside) and we were told "no, they were taking it away soon...to go to the bar." There are definitely way better hotel options around Palm Springs!!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mhmontalvo
Management response:Responded August 24, 2018

Good Afternoon mhmontalvo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Here at the Saguaro our goal is to offer an exceptional experience, unfortunately, we did not rise to expectations during your recent stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed El Jefe, the food and service is amazing!! However, I'm disappointed and apologize that you were unhappy with the rest of your stay. I have shared your feedback with the entire leadership team so that we can work to improve for future stays. I'd welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay personally. I can be reached via email or phone at sboeskool@thesaguaro.com or 760-323-1711 ext.8115. Thank you again for your candid feedback!

Shantina B.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

I booked a room from Saturday-Monday as a birthday gift for my boyfriend. My plan was to have a relaxing weekend by the pool with a couples massage on Sunday. When we arrived at the hotel I was immediately bombarded by two people who smelled like weed asking for passes into the party. During check in I wasn’t informed of a party, though I saw it posted on the website earlier that day. The exterior of the hotel is colorful and quirky but the room was disappointing and felt like many a party had happened there previously - cigarette burns in the curtains, stains on the carpet, mysterious black chunks appearing in the water with every flush of the toilet. We put our bathing suits on in the hopes that the pool would be worth the uncomfortable room. It wasn’t. There were more people in the pool than rooms in the hotel; the music was so loud I could feel it in my chest. Every drunk bride-to-be screamed and stumbled towards the bar. Still, we decided to give it a chance as we knew we had a massage booked the next day and one of the employees at the pool said everything would calm down after 6pm. Later that night we went back to the pool only to find two people having sex in it. That was when I reached my breaking point. I sent my boyfriend down to speak to the front desk as I was so upset I didn’t want to lose it on a hotel employee. The one thing I truly appreciated was Vanessa’s patience and understanding, though it’s disappointing to know this type of thing happens so often the hotel staff was quick to give me my money back for the second night. We left the next morning, massage cancelled, and found exactly what we were looking for in a hotel a few miles away. I will most likely never be back, but as someone who works in customer service, it wouldn’t cost anything to be more informative and truthful with paying guests. There’s nothing wrong with hosting parties (in fact, with a large group of people and the right mindset, I probably would have enjoyed myself) - just inform your guests prior to booking/checking in so they’re aware and can change their mind if that’s not what they’re looking for.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LoveTravel317159
Management response:Responded August 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm disappointed and apologize that you were unhappy with your stay. You are entirely correct, it's best to be forthright during the check in process to avoid confusion. We will work with our staff to ensure that our guests are aware of our parties so that they can make an informed decision. Thank you again for your candid feedback!

Shantina B.