“Look no further!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
Los Angeles, California
“Look no further!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The hotel is stylish and cool. Tinto has phenomenal food. But what will really stand out to you is the fabulous staff. Susan checked me in and I can not recall a more warm welcome to any hotel I've checked in to (and I work in sales!). Shannon (GM at Tinto) was marvelous as well. Top to bottom what an amazing experience. There's even ping pong in the lobby!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
SaguaroPS, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Your support means a lot to us, Michael! My sincerest thank you for taking the time to share this glowing recommendation here on TripAdvisor. I cannot wait to share your compliments with the team, especially Susan and Shannon, and hope next time you're in Palm Springs -- you'll keep us in mind!

Steve Rachmat, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Polish first
Corona del Mar, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

They tried to upgrade this property by painting everything in a variety of pastel colors, adding small bottles of standard stuff in the bathrooms, and re-furnishing the rooms. The staff was helpful and it was clean. Nevertheless, the structure is a holdover from the 50's and is an upgraded motel with a swimming pool, two spas adjacent to the pool, and a ping pong table in the lobby. The building is 3 stories tall and only one elevator inconveniently located in the northwest corner. I rate this property 2 1/2-3 stars max. There was one bright spot and that is the 8:00 am yoga with Yoga Dave which is included in the room price. I way overpaid at $150/night.

Room Tip: If you can get a room here for under $80/night then stay on the 2nd floor off the parking lot and no...
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
I'm happy to hear you found our team helpful, our rooms clean and even enjoyed a yoga session with Dave! Thank you, Georges, for taking the time to share this feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. You're right - we did take a motel and update it with vibrant colors and new amenities so we could become the go-to Oasis to enjoy the Palm Springs sun. That said, I'm sorry to hear you feel you overpaid, but we think our rates are competitive with the market. Overall, it sounds like you had a nice stay with us so I hope next time you're in Palm Springs, you'll keep us in mind!

Kindly,
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The Saguaro Palm Springs is a unique, boutique hotel that offers an array of amenities. The bright colors woven in the decor, linens and paint give the hotel a distinctly fun, retro feel. The staff is competent and the hotel is clean and well-maintained. My 16 year old daughter and I got a kick out of the Barbie Doll display in the lobby, and Sara was helpful with recommendations of things to possibly do while in town.

The convenient map we received when checking in also outlined what is included in the $25/day resort fee: self-parking, free use of the hotel's Cruiser bikes/helmets (during daylight hours only), hourly shuttle service to downtown and airport (with hours listed), Wi-fi and how to log in, 24/7 Fitness Center, daily yoga with times listed, free local calls, free USA Today newspaper, Business Center, Spa, ATM in lobby, and the listing of the pool and pool bar hours, which are open most of the day and night.

The pool with adjoining outdoor bar is quite large and inviting. And I might have gone swimming too, had I not been put off by a bit of a party scene hatching downstairs in the late morning hours. The loud, pulse-pounding music that a live DJ expertly had blaring during most of the day underscores the simple fact that there will be NO NAPS taken here folks. The sound literally penetrates the walls. So much so, that I thought they had left the music on in the room for us when we arrived. Not even the annoying bathroom fan would drown it out.

With all of this MTV spring break-like party infused atmosphere spilling over, you can be sure that there is a healthy share of party-minded guests in attendance. As well there should be. Looked like loads of fun. Except that we (along with a good number of other families) were in town for a cheer/dance meet, with most competitors falling roughly into the age group of 10-16 years of age. I wouldn't call the "action" that we witnesses before noon in the jacuzzi very family friendly. Unless you are starting one. Right then and there.

To be fair to The Saguaro, most other known, family friendly hotel venues in town were booked solid, months out from the date. (With over 300 teams competing, I should have known better, but this is our first year in the competitive cheer world.) The Saguaro popped up with availability, looked decent, and voila our weekend was handled. We were looking forward to making use the hotel's many amenities though there were some, we didn't even count on. I'll be sure and research boutique properties a bit more extensively in the future!

Room Tip: We were right outside of the jacuzzi, not sure if the acoustics are more muted farther away.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
SaguaroPS, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed, glowing review of our hotel. I'm happy to hear you appreciated our many amenities and found our pool large and inviting! That said, you are right about our party scene, so I apologize if this was not communicated to you clearly. During the week, we offer a more relaxed atmosphere, but on the weekends we are a getaway for fun in the sun. Overall, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll choose us again next time you're in Palm Springs!

Sidney, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I arrived last Tuesday afternoon and departed Saturday morning and loved every moment of my stay at The Saguaro. My arrival had been delayed a day, but that was absolutely no problem. I felt very welcome and at home right away. Also, as a single, middle-aged woman, I felt very comfortable. Groovy kind of place, not posh or pretentious by any means, with super kind, professional staff all around. The bed and pillows are the absolute heaven! I slept like a log every night! Fantastic maid service every day. Beautiful grounds, and besides the lovely, big pool, there are 2 hot tubs. Great location with a strip mall across the road and bus service right there, too. This was a last minute trip, and I am sooooooo glad I did it! and can't wait to go back to The Saguaro! Thanks for a wonderful getaway!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
SaguaroPS, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Hearing you loved every minute of your stay truly means a lot to us! Thank you for taking the time to share your support by writing this great recommendation for us here on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear you slept like a log and always felt welcomed. I look forward to sharing your kind words with the team almost as much as I look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in Palm Springs!

St. George, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We were passing though Palm Springs and found this on line at the last minute. It was a slow time in town and there were lots of options available. This sounded interesting, so we decided to try it. It is definitely a mixed bag. To be fair, we did not try all the amenities. We were only here overnight, so we didn't use the pool area or the spa.

Plus:
We only interacted with front desk. They were friendly and very helpful. 4 Stars
Location - Average 3 stars - nothing special, but nothing negative
Bed was nice, sheets were different and really nice, high quality. 4 stars
Soaps and shampoos in room were above average - 4 stars

Neutral:
This is an older property that has been somewhat renovated and spruced up. Looks like it was an old Holiday Inn with rooms surrounding the pool area. Very bright color scheme, was okay, but it really showed off the areas where upkeep wasn't up to par. A lot of dirty white was apparent on the outside. Dominant purple carpel showed every spill, etc. contrasting with orange ceilings and other bright colors was interesting.
The pool and central court area seemed to be nicely done, but we really didn't use them.

Cons:
Front desk volunteered to give us a complementary room upgrade. This offer was nice - so 5 stars for the offer, but the upgraded room was just a very basic one, so we can't imagine what the original one would have been like. Room was reasonably clean. The night stands and table both were dirty, in that they hadn't really been cleaned well. Furniture was mostly some interesting looking, but cheap and uncomfortable Mexican stuff. Sitting in the chairs for any length of time probably won't do anyone's back any good. The other things were very basic and all painted the bright colors to match the door to the room and bathroom area. Bed was good and sheets were well above average - mentioned in the plus area. There were some stains on the purple carpet. Room overall - 3 stars
Big property, but minimal elevators and three stories. Most rooms are a very long walk from elevators. Layout of hotel, made it a challenge to get from one area to another. The front desk apologized about this when we mentioned it so it was apparent that others had made similar comments. - 3 stars
Resort Fee - adds extra cost without corresponding value and makes it comparable total cost wise to quite a few more properties in Palm Springs. 2 stars
Entry to the room was from an outside, exterior open deck. Exterior/outside entrance to most rooms - 2 stars

We would stay here again without a problem, if it was the only option, but would most likely try out something else because this just wasn't anything special.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
I appreciate you taking the time to share this detailed review with us. Here at The Saguaro, we always welcome constructive feedback on how we can better reach our goal of continuous improvement to better serve our guests. While I'm happy you found our rooms comfortable and of high quality, it's disheartening to hear that overall, you found us only average. When it comes to your cons, I'm surprised a room upgrade was a negative point. It's our pleasure to go over and beyond for our guests so our intention was never for that to take away from your stay. As far as the cleanliness of our facility, we hold our hotel to the highest standards and have a professional team that cleans our hotel regularly. That said, I will be sure to share all this feedback with the appropriate parties so we can become not just an average hotel, but an exemplary one for you to stay at on your next Palm Springs vacation. After all, I'd love for you to experience all of our amenities.

Kindly,
Mississauga, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

First time to be in Palm Springs and found a seemingly good, last-minute deal online. With the additional daily resort fee, the rate became almost equal to more posh boutique hotels in the city.

The hotel is clean, quiet and colorful! It is very easy to find and the area is quiet, far enough from the noise of the main drag but close enough for a very short drive. The airport is a mere 5-minute drive. Checking in and out are a breeze. Thanks to the great reception staff. El Jeffe restaurant is quite good. Unfortunately, we didn't get the chance to try Tinto, which is considered to be one of the best in town. The pool area is clean and well maintained. There is enough towel and loungers for the guests.

The room is huge, clean, comfortable and adequately furnished. The fridge is a bit noisy which fortunately, could be hidden behind the sliding closet doors. The good-sized bathroom is clean as well. The toiletries are adequate except for the bath soap which came in as a tiny square and was not replenished as needed.

In all, it is still a good value and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Pick the mountain view rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
SaguaroPS, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
I'm happy you chose our place for your first stay in Palm Springs! My sincerest thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback. It's fantastic to hear you appreciated our colorful, clean and centrally-located hotel and I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the El Jeffe team. Overall, I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back!

La Habra, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Very dog friendly hotel without a pet fee, they even provided us with poo poo bags upon check in. We brought our medium sized pug & french bulldog. You do have to sign a pet policy and they will charge an additional $50 if your dog urinate around the hotel area, there are specific areas outside of the hotel where they can go. I do not mind the colorful theme of the hotel, I find it interesting. We did not come during the summer, therefore we didn't have a problem with crowded pool parties nor did we utilize the pool. We enjoyed the balcony with a small table and two chairs overlooking the pool and grounds. MAJOR plus is the shower head, extremely strong pressure with a wide shower head.... Love it.... The location is approximately 2 miles away from downtown, across the street there is a grocery store. Overall a great experience, will probably stay here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susanti K
SaguaroPS, Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Hearing this glowing feedback is more rewarding than you know. I'm happy to hear you, your pug and your french bulldog enjoyed staying with us! Even happier that you liked our shower head and appreciated our large balcony. Next time you're in Palm Springs, I hope you'll keep our place in mind!