“We had a nice stay”

The Saguaro Palm Springs
Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel form the outside looks like it will be just simple hotel, but once you get inside the building and your rooms you are quite surprised. The rooms are clean and the property has a fun and cool vibe and so do the rooms. Rose who works there is wonderful and will do anything to make your stay more enjoyable. We would go back for sure.

Room Tip: The pool view is some what better than the mountain view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Saguaro Palm Springs

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had previously reviewed this hotel and gave it a not so great for children review.I have since changed my mind for during the week. Much better....this time around. I had a suite which would have been perfect except for the early morning garden blowers right next to the window at 8 a.m. in the parking lot.The suite is a bit weird because the separate bedroom was on the parking lot.We originally had a pool view room but once we walked in I realized there was a smoking balcony adjoining.I cannot tolerate cigarette smoke when trying to sleep. My kid however was furious that they moved us to a suite.O well..I tried.....also I tried the fancy shmancy restaurant this time and let me tell you the most AMAZING APPETIZERS I HAVE HAD IN 20 years.Order the beet,arrugula, hazelnut, goat cheese salad from heaven.It was possibly one of the top dishes that I wish I could copy.As always Micheal is so AMAZING at El JEFE..the best mini tacos and drinks around.Served by the best bartender in all of P.S.xoxox P.S!

Room Tip: Weekends steer clear of the pool and take a mountain view. During the week pool view is great or the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gogobellatravel
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Wife and I stayed here for a summer weekend get-away and loved this place. Newly re-furbished, we got a pool view room on the first floor which was perfect. we walked right out from our back porch and right over to the pool. I'm very picky about what I drink and packed a cooler of Belgian imports and would just top our drinks off and head straight back to the pool. I'm sure its not allowed but we didn't broadcast it. the pool is a good size pool but get there early to get chairs as it was jammed packed. There is a great pool side bar that serves food and drinks. The location was perfect as everything we needed was in short distance including running into town. It has a great vibe and the colors just looks great!! Its very clean and we could smell the new paint and fresh carpet in our room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DWFRN1
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a great time at the Saguaro hotel. If you want to have a great time hanging out by the pool all weekend....the music was good, the drinks are a bit pricey but its a pool party its expected. The hotel itself has this swanky vibe to it which makes it cool. They not only have pool parties during the day but there are other activities if you are with kids like movie night. The rooms were very spacious. There are great restaurants in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stef P
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Decided to visit Palm Springs in the heat of mid-summer, and decided to book a week at The Saguaro Palm Springs as part of an airline promotion. The decisions were both good ones. I missed the 122 heat record but did see the effects of the Mountain Wildfire, and The Saguaro was fantastic. As other reviews mention, if you can see past the brightly colored room decors matching the exterior scheme, what you get is a very hip, modern edgy decor, The room was immaculate and housekeeping service was efficient and unobtrusive. The bed was wonderful, wifi was free, and the room included a coffee maker, mini fridge and room safe as well as other standard amenities. And the AC was designed for the heat. My only extensive contact with front desk staff occurred when I checked in, and the young lady who greeted me, Savanaugh, couldn't have been more cordial, efficient, helpful, and fun to talk to as a first-time guest. She is perfect for this resort! Along with the on-site restaurants and bar, a pool bar was also open during the day, and again, everyone was professional and cordial. There is a very nice pool, and summer weekdays were extremely quiet. Weekend nights/days were busier, but such is true everywhere. I had a room by the stairwell, sio I probably got a little more noise on the exterior side of the building, but that was not an issue poolside. I would definitely recommend The Saguaro and hope to stay there again!

Room Tip: I had a first floor room with a patio, which was a little more private than the balconies on the 2nd...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank John H
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Wanted to get away from the city so went to Palm Springs for the weekend. Found this hotel and they were running a 48-hour special. At first the colors seems a little cheesy but we looked past it. I traveled with my husband and 9 month old. check-in was very easy and they even offered us a crib - which I didn't even think of. the rooms are nice and very spacious. pool was a great size and there are lots of chairs and umbrellas. the bar at the pool was good and there is always someone walking around to help. Looked at the spa prices and they were over priced - so didn't use. they offer free yoga too, but don't know how that was...I overslept! the grounds looked well kept and staff very friendly. I would go back for sure. oh yea and literally minutes from downtown - I'dd walk if it wasn't 100 degrees!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RCL1980
Reviewed July 19, 2013

When you come across a hotel that gets it this right it's paradise.
This is a fantastic design hotel and a real gem. The bright colourful decor and ping pong table in reception set up the fun side of the hotel, but don't be fooled this place takes its self seriously, it has style and grown up sophistication.
The rooms are big, clean and packed with great bath products. We had interconnecting rooms for the whole family with great balcony overlooking the pool, Ah the pool, an oasis in the desert, misted to cool, warmed to perfect temperature, surrounded by beautiful gardens, full of hummingbirds and serving wonderful drinks.
We didn't try the restaurant but ate in the bar, Tuesday tacos which filled up and seemed to be a locals favourite. Delish food and drinks and music , which kept the adults happy while our younger children played ping pong. I love the way children are catered for without ruining the pleasure for
adults. Service thoughtful, helpful and delightful.
And the best part the price, how do they get it so right for so little. By far the best hotel we have stayed at on our American road trip from Vegas to San Fransisco. Something for everyone, adults, 20's and children. My only grip is that I didn't get to try the spa, oh well something for my next visit!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family