“Paradise for the whole family”

The Saguaro Palm Springs
Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed July 19, 2013

When you come across a hotel that gets it this right it's paradise.
This is a fantastic design hotel and a real gem. The bright colourful decor and ping pong table in reception set up the fun side of the hotel, but don't be fooled this place takes its self seriously, it has style and grown up sophistication.
The rooms are big, clean and packed with great bath products. We had interconnecting rooms for the whole family with great balcony overlooking the pool, Ah the pool, an oasis in the desert, misted to cool, warmed to perfect temperature, surrounded by beautiful gardens, full of hummingbirds and serving wonderful drinks.
We didn't try the restaurant but ate in the bar, Tuesday tacos which filled up and seemed to be a locals favourite. Delish food and drinks and music , which kept the adults happy while our younger children played ping pong. I love the way children are catered for without ruining the pleasure for
adults. Service thoughtful, helpful and delightful.
And the best part the price, how do they get it so right for so little. By far the best hotel we have stayed at on our American road trip from Vegas to San Fransisco. Something for everyone, adults, 20's and children. My only grip is that I didn't get to try the spa, oh well something for my next visit!

2  Thank Lucy M
There are newer reviews for The Saguaro Palm Springs

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I absolutely love the Saguaro. I just had my 2nd trip there, this time with my fiancé in July. My first visit was in spring with my Mum and sister and even though we only stayed one night, we felt like we had a full-on vacation! This time, our romantic trip of 2 nights was extra-amazing.

I do not have one complaint about the Saguaro. The rooms are clean, bright, cute, and affordable! We paid $129/night on a Wed and Thurs night in July, and about the same in April.

The pool is wonderful, the hot tubs (2 of them!) are wonderful, the staff are genuinely friendly (not phoney friendly), and having a view of the pool area adds to the feeling that you're vacationing in paradise. :) The beds are very cushy and comfortable, the shower head was big and glorious, the toiletries are lovely, and we couldn't hear anyone through the walls! Oh, and the A/C unit is on the balcony instead of inside the room, so it's nice and quiet!

Next time, I think we'll check out one of the "Pool view with patio" rooms, on the 1st floor so that we don't have to walk upstairs to get back to our room. The patios have shrubbery bordering them, so they're plenty of privacy from the pool guests. But the 2nd and 3rd floor "pool view" rooms are wonderful with the balconies!

We might have to actually bring the kids next time. ;)

Room Tip: Pool view rooms on 2nd and 3rd floors have balconies with great views of pool and sky!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mamasiobhan
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Got a pretty good deal on booking.com. I was there for my daughter"s dance convention. Every other hotel close to the convention center was priced too high, especially when you add up all the extras that are needed, such as parking fees, internet etc. The Saguaro had it all for free. I didn't eat at their restaurants because I was on the go all the time. Next time I stay here I will make sure I do. I was hesitant to book here because of the colors, wasn't sure if I wanted to wake up to them, but I really liked the colors. The pool closed at midnight, which was great after a busy night. The room stayed nice and cool with the ac going. While sitting at the pool, the gentleman that was serving people make sure I was doing o.k. That was impressive. The only problem with Palm Springs hotels is that they charged you those extra taxes. But it was a very nice place to stay. They have yoga too!!

1  Thank Theresa51
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The front staff is really helpful. They matched the price that was quoted on Hotels.com. But the room had a funky smell. The rooms with the multiple colors was a bit much and on the smaller side. The bathroom is dated. But the hotel is very dog friendly - no pet fee! And lots of outdoor areas for the dog. The hotel plans for nice activities for the guests, which makes the stay more nejoyable, (yoga in morning, garden party on Saturday afternoon). The hotel also has a hip party feel to it, so if you're looking for a good nights sleep, you may not find it here.

1  Thank LucyInLA
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Excellent value, excellent staff, excellent marguerites, excellent food, excellent experience...pool and pool service were also excellent. This is a "hip" hotel with attractive people working and staying at the hotel. It's great to experience what clever entrepreneurs can do with a original hotel product that no one would have considered capable.

Room Tip: Third floor west side...quiet and cool in the afternoon...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kickfive
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I came here with a group of friends for July 4th weekend and we had a great time. The rooms are nice enough and the beds are pretty comfortable. I particularly appreciated the larger sized mini fridge which they only stock with a couple water bottles...not a ton of stuff you have to pay an arm and a leg for. This gave us plenty of room to put our own drinks and snacks. The only real complaint I have is the two huge blow up colorful beach balls they put in the pool, i guess because they look nice. There were a bunch of kids playing with these things and constantly knocking over people's drinks and hitting people in the head. Not very relaxing. I wasn't traveling with kids and don't have kids of my own. I'm not going to complain about people bringing kids here because I know that's just how it goes sometimes. But I will say that this is not a super kid-friendly place. There is only one pool which isn't huge and it's more of a young adult crowd. Your kids would probably have a much better time at a bigger resort which is more catered to them.

Room Tip: Pool rooms have a better view, but the pool area is pretty noisy, especially on weekends. If you ca...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AliG724
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This bright hotel has pool parties in the summer and 2 great restaurants on site. The rooms are clean and comfortable with bright curtains, rugs, and Mexican furniture. The staff here is very friendly and helpful. They offer Bocce ball, table tennis & bicycles too

Room Tip: I prefer to have my room face the pool area. They have a little patio and the way the pool area is...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends