“Awesome Hotel”

Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Sydney, Australia
“Awesome Hotel”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This place is amazing. They have done a brilliant job in renovating this hotel into a colourful and stylish hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool area was great. They had free bicycles to use and a free shuttle bus into downtown.
This hotel was one of the highlights of our 3 week holiday!

Room Tip: Worth getting a room with a pool view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Polish first
Sunrise Manor, Nevada, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This place is terrible, dirty and no where near full service. My wife got pink up for gods sake. After paying over 300 for the first night, we decided to check the heck out of there.... We loaded up the car, and went in to check out and I pay my bill. I explain that we had an emergency back home that we had to leave. The guy says to me do you need help with your bags? I said to him, we needed help with our bags when we checked in. No one helped at all to get us to the room. Not full service....

Someone mentioned in a earlier review "lipstick on a pig" that may be so, but I truly
think the owners and employees think their hotel is awesome.

It is motel 6 bad except I paid 5 times as much..

Oh well

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brett R
Los Angeles
Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you plan to stay at The Saguaro over a weekend, there are a few things you should know.

1. A DJ will be spinnin’ at the pool and the music will be so loud you will feel the beat pulsing through your organs…while you’re in your hotel room with all doors shut. (This is all day until 7pm)

2. Forget about actually going IN the pool. By 1pm it is a whirlpool of beer, body glitter and bodily fluids. The pool and surrounding area is over crowded with booty shaking coeds.

3. Your neighbor could be the people from the pool. Your room could be flanked with respectful, quiet guests. OR you can have MTV Inland Empire Edition staying the next suite over; they’ll be sure to engage in drunken chest pounding well into the wee hours.

If you’re 27 and have a penchant for tribal arm-band tattoos, by all means this is your dream destination. If any of the above seems like a spectacle, heed the warning and only stay here over a week night.

If you’re traveling with children, please beware of a Friday/Saturday night stay. When I saw babies and children innocently floating in the cesspool of party people runoff, it took true willpower not to call CPS.

This hotel is a classic case of when they take an old budget property and refurbish it into boutique fabulous. Signs of the less glorious days are not 100% absent but most have been painted & tweaked so that the overall feel of the hotel is quite pleasing.

Rooms are clean and appropriately appointed. The staff are terrific; every individual I encountered was helpful & cheery.

The restaurant, Tinto, is a plus. Save the 10 minute drive into town and dine here for dinner.

Really, this hotel has a lot of positives; it’s too bad that the pool vibe has such an intrusive impact.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank HelenaBla
california
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I got a room here last minute after a disaster at the Hotel Zoso (don't stay there!). The Saguaro has the excellent service, spacious pool area and fun clean rooms of a luxury resort. The staff here is so warm, friendly and attentive you will be pleasantly surprised. You can lay out by the pool all day observing the beautiful mountain views and relaxing. The pool does get crowded, and there is a lot of the younger party crowd but I had no problem with my children there, no snobby looks or attitude and everyone had a blast. The crew here really goes above and beyond to ensure guests enjoy their stay and the Tinto restaurant on site is some of the best fine dining I've ever had. The rooms are colorful, modern and very clean and the beds are comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Topanga, California
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our annual "last-day-of-school" weekend trek to Palm Springs usually lands us at the Ace but we have sadly outgrown their rooms. This was our second choice and headed out Friday afternoon with some trepidation, doubting we could have as much fun as we did at the Ace. We were wrong. The adjoining rooms on the ground floor with pool access were perfect for a family of four and gave us room to spread out. The rooms were in perfect condition and though not particularly high-end fancy, they were spacious, smelled clean and everything worked! The pool was quiet on Friday afternoon when we arrived but Saturday was a different story. It was packed with lots of great people-watching. DJ, misters, pool bar, pool toys. Tip: Get out by 9 a.m. to reserve a chair, and even then, the hotel seems to pretty firm on the 30 minute-rule: If you haven't been at your chair for 30 minutes, they'll clear it our for someone else. Friday evening we did dinner at the hotel's bar, El Jefe, which allows kids (ours being the only kids there), so we felt like we had a little grown-up experience even with the kids in tow. Saturday morning, breakfast on the patio of the hotel's restaurant, Tinto, which was delicious and good service. Saturday evening, at the kids' urging, we again did dinner at El Jefe and stuck around for Steve, the night's entertainment in the bar and met lots of interesting people. Throughout the weekend, whatever the situation, we found the hotel's employees very attentive...good service with a smile. We will return without hesitation!

Room Tip: The ground-floor pool access with patio rooms were perfect for a family with kids who want easy acce...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kbwoods
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I booked the room with no high expectation for my kids thinking it was more for adults ... I originally booked a room upstairs and told them my youngest was autistic ... On my flight over from a long day of traveling they sent me an email saying that they moved me to the ground floor for my kids easy pool access and asked me what my kids names were and ages and fav colors and hobbies . I thought it was a joke but answered anyways I put they like swimming and scuba diving to .. When we arrived tired and ready to crash we found two huge bags with there fav colored mask and balls and pool toys and a whole lot of other stuff not to mention two hand written cards withe there names from Susan croft ... I never write reviews but I almost could not live with myself if I didn't ... Best place and the front desk night guys helped planing my day ... Awesome friendly and clean place make me wanna come back to Palm Springs again :)

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Planetpizza
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The sunny skies, the peaceful environment, and the friendly atmosphere of the Saguaro hotel pleasantly welcomed us as we embarked on a weekend of colorful relaxation and jubilant celebration. From the eclectic color schemes of the hallways and guest rooms to the paradise-like pool area, everything the saguaro hotel had to offer was top of the like, and perfectly complimentary to our needs. After an absolutely superb breakfast meal at the hotel's restaurant, the next day was filled with warm, enthusiastic merriment in the pool, as well as in the splendid luxury and comfort in the guest rooms. All of the facilities and amenities were in top working condition and exceeded my expectorations in quality and service. A truly gorgeous weekend with plenty of fun and well-deserved rest and relaxation, The Saguaro hotel is truly a one-of-kind spot to stay in Palm Springs that everyone can and should enjoy. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013