If you plan to stay at The Saguaro over a weekend, there are a few things you should know.
1. A DJ will be spinnin’ at the pool and the music will be so loud you will feel the beat pulsing through your organs…while you’re in your hotel room with all doors shut. (This is all day until 7pm)
2. Forget about actually going IN the pool. By 1pm it is a whirlpool of beer, body glitter and bodily fluids. The pool and surrounding area is over crowded with booty shaking coeds.
3. Your neighbor could be the people from the pool. Your room could be flanked with respectful, quiet guests. OR you can have MTV Inland Empire Edition staying the next suite over; they’ll be sure to engage in drunken chest pounding well into the wee hours.
If you’re 27 and have a penchant for tribal arm-band tattoos, by all means this is your dream destination. If any of the above seems like a spectacle, heed the warning and only stay here over a week night.
If you’re traveling with children, please beware of a Friday/Saturday night stay. When I saw babies and children innocently floating in the cesspool of party people runoff, it took true willpower not to call CPS.
This hotel is a classic case of when they take an old budget property and refurbish it into boutique fabulous. Signs of the less glorious days are not 100% absent but most have been painted & tweaked so that the overall feel of the hotel is quite pleasing.
Rooms are clean and appropriately appointed. The staff are terrific; every individual I encountered was helpful & cheery.
The restaurant, Tinto, is a plus. Save the 10 minute drive into town and dine here for dinner.
Really, this hotel has a lot of positives; it’s too bad that the pool vibe has such an intrusive impact.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To know Palm Springs is to love it or the style, there's an undeniable lure to this oasis of desert modernity in the heart of Palm Springs. The Saguaro offers a sense fun and uncomplicated design, food and service. Guests enjoy our resort style amenities including our pool, 24-hours fitness room, morning yoga, touring bikes, boutique spa and two restaurants. Guestrooms & Suite - All with a patio or balcony - Flat screen HDTVs• - Large desks - iPod docking station - On-demand movies and music - Bathrobes - Coffee maker - Mini-refrigerator Services & Amenities: There are certain standards by which a visit to Palm Springs is judged, such as pool time and the scenery that goes with it, the quality of architecture and design, and perhaps most importantly, the ability to enjoy the desert landscape and air, preferably with cocktail in hand. By all accounts, the Saguaro has you more than covered. -Pet-friendly with no fee -Self parking* -WiFi* -Daily yoga* -Use of Touring Bikes -Complimentary airport and town shuttle* *Included in daily resort fee of $25.00 USD per night. Meetings & Events: Palm Springs is a destination for meetings and events more than ever, seducing planners with 350 days of sunshine a year and abundant golf, shopping and desert curiosities. The Saguaro features several flexible event space options and is ready to host your event, whether it's hosted in our one of our two ballrooms, garden courtyard, in a private dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Saguaro Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Holiday Inn