“I'm definitely going back”

The Saguaro Palm Springs
Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Saguaro provides a great spot in a lovely area of Palm Springs. So relaxing, all you need right on the property. We spent two days here and travelled to Joshua Tree for hiking but also explored Palm Springs area. Hotel has relaxing pool area, many amenities,food, all on premises and close to everything.
Stayed at Hotel Vitale prior, not quite as many extras as there but still great.
Will return next winter.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Rose G, Front Office Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Patricia, the winter has been very generous for Palm Springs and the sun has been shining down on us. It is great that you had a lovely visit with us and that you relaxed, and did some exploration which is what makes Palm Springs even more special as there is so much to do. You can hike one day, do a jeep tour another, shopping is fabulous in Palm Springs and surrounding cities. And if you just want to relax then just hanging out in the pool is a great way to do it, and of course getting a massage at the Saguaro Spa is beyond relaxing I have a couple of recommendations for your next visit.

There are newer reviews for The Saguaro Palm Springs

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having been to the "other" cool hotel just down the street (The ***), I can clearly say that the staff's attitude and customer service to their guests are a night and day difference for the better. Rose at the front desk was a lifesaver, finding us a room at the last possible minute, and then arranging for a card and bottle of wine in the room for our anniversary. Amazing.

Anniv. dinner at Tinto also proved to be excellent. Well worth the walk across the courtyard :)

We borrowed the cruiser bikes for a twilight spin, layed by the pool, and soaked up as much relaxation as we could. Thanks Saguaro for a great weekend! (meanwhile we tried lunch at the diner at The *** and were practically waving our arms for a server to notice us when there were maybe 3 tables of customers. Never again.)

My only small gripe is for the poolside DJ to chill out a little on the music selection. Its the weekend man, slow that tempo down! If I want to dance with my bros n' brews I'll go to The *** ;)

cheers

Room Tip: ask for a pool view room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jthrash, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We want our guest to remember their stay as something very special and fun. I am so happy that we were able to make your one year anniversary a memorable one. Tinto is never a disappointment in fact their food is amazing and it’s a dining experience in which the food is cooked to perfection and I am very happy you got to try it out. We love our competitors as it is good to have choices but we are happy that the Saguaro has won you over. And we will be here for your second anniversary maybe a birthday or two?

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Although my stay began with a somewhat unfortunate check-in experience, my total experience was very nice.

Peter at Reception was really great at crisis management and customer service. Thank you Peter.

I like the hotel because it doesn't try to be something it isn't, and delivers excellent value to the consumer.

Cute hotel. Very basic, but clean.

Great Value.

Room Tip: Ask for a Mountain View room if available.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear RussFilice, Thank you for getting us! We are not pretentious we are fun, hip property that wants guest to have a good time and customer service is definitely are number one goal. I am so pleased to read that Peter was able to assist you during your stay as he really is a very special young man who truly cares about his guests. As for the property Cute, yes we are cute! Basic, ok we have basic amenities like most hotels, but we have2 great restaurants and yoga, cruiser bikes, shuttle service, and other fun things to do while you are on property. Clean, absolutely! And we do crisis management too…check. We do all of the above and we are happy to do it because we want you as our guest to know you are taken care off.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The staff is wonderful, the hotel is such fun, and the location is great. The rooms are large and comfortable. I highly recommend the Saguaro. The service rivals a 5 star hotel. If you want a carefree vacation, i would suggest you try this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Came to the desert for my husbands birthday. Stayed at Saguaro Saturday night. Had a blast!!! Had dinner at Tinto- seriously delicious and creative cuisine! The staff was very sweet and accommodating! Even surprised my husband with a cake!
Had one of the best massages ever at the spa downstairs- this lady knew her stuff-reflexology;) loved the center courtyard and pool area- pretty and cheerful - didn't get to try the bikes or the shuttle to town- not enough time. Wish there was a more social area for the pups to play than just the parking lots but that was our only bummer-

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Helicans, I hope we pulled it off, was he surprised? I sure hope he was. We knew you would have fun and of course the food is delicious what would you expect from and iron chef kitchen. In all seriousness thank you for staying with us to share such a special time with your husband. I am so happy to read that you tried the massage as they are some of the best massages and very detailed. I know you liked the massages, but come soon as we will be introducing a new facial program which is sure to be a crowd pleaser. I know that you will be back again so try the cruiser bikes they are a lot of fun.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We live in LA and frequent Palm Springs often. We have stayed at the Saguaro a couple of times in the past with our two small dogs. This time however we were faced with a new policy which does not allow your dogs by the pool. I was surprised by this as it was never a problem when we visited in the past. I saw another guest with her dog by the pool and she assured me that the manager told her it would be allowed "just this once"... I told the bossy waitress this after her repeated attempts to kick me out but she wasn't having it! You can't allow one person to do something against the "rules" and not extend that privilege to all of the other people there.

I would not stay here again if they continue enforcing this policy!

Not to mention the waitress took forever and spilled someone's half-empty used drink on me and was so oblivious she didn't even realize! Girls next to me saw the whole thing happen and laughed about it.

Stay at the Ace or the Parker its worth a little extra money and your dogs can hang with you anywhere!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel R
Rose G, Front Office Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Daniel R. thank you for bring up some very important points about areas that we can definitely improve. Unfortunately as of January 1, 2013 we had to implement our policy in which dogs are not allowed in the pool due to Health code. I can assure you that we are looking into who provided you wrong information as that is not our intention. As for the quality of the service at the pool we are constantly taking such feedback in order to improve our guest service experience. If you would like please feel free to reach out to me at the Saguaro. I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked a weekend in Palm Springs with my Wife and Kids and we've had great luck using sites like Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com because we can select by star rating and we’ve never had an issue. This time we got The Saguaro Palm Springs as a “Three and a half” star hotel. The reality is this is a former Ramada Inn with a really, really colorful paint job on it, but it’s still the same small rooms, small bathrooms, outdated pool from the 1970’s, the small Jacuzzi had cracked plaster and didn’t keep temperature well and the room walls were paper thin.

You can paint an out dated Ramada all you like, but at the end of the day this is still a now very colorful outdated Ramada Inn. This is a 2-star, 2 and a half star hotel at *best*. On top of all this the servers at the pool screwed up the orders so bad we finally cancelled the food, packed up and and went off-site to a restaurant.

“Here’s the burgers you ordered”

“That’s great but I ordered carnitas tacos”

Then we waited 30 minutes and asked about the tacos order and got, “Oh I’ll put that in right now”. The order was never even put into the kitchen and they screwed up drink orders as well. If you’re looking for a similar experience the rooms and pool are about par with the Palm Springs Motel 6, just no room service there but honestly about the same room wise.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there are "good rooms", they are all very tiny, outdated old Ramada Inn r...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank d s

Dear d s, I appreciate your candor as the property is definitely unique and whimsical and hence that is what makes it an amazing property and a true value to the Palm Springs area. We have definitely grown and continue to grow in our service, product and always want to hear what our guest has to say. I can assure you that the experience of the pool is not the service we strive to provide and we will be making every effort to rectify this marred experience you received. I can assure you that the carnitas tacos are delicious and we hope to have you enjoy them in the near future. Please feel free to contact me at the Saguaro.