“You CAN go home again”

Ranked #33 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“You CAN go home again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Saguaro is now what once was my favorite childhood hotel. My mother used to bring us here as a getaway from Los Angeles. The have done an amazing job of keeping the spirit of the desert alive mixed with a contemporary, hip yet comfortable environment. The colors in the hotel are brilliant, the rooms are comfortable and energetic and the staff is as nice and "can do" as can be.

You are able to get a contemporary energy without the attitude and indifference that can be experienced at other properties. Decent sized work out room, ample parking. Lamps have AC plugs at the bases of them - a welcome treat for the connected traveler. I didn't go to the spa this trip but will try it next time. There is grocery and health food stores nearby. Good location, far enough away from downtown PS but close enough to scoot up there. Being the building has been around for a few decades there are some quirks here and there but if you are here in good spirit you will have a great time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Rose G, Front Office Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear 2MillionMileMan, we are so happy that we can keep a smile on your face as this property holds so many wonderful childhood memories with your family. It is so good to read that we have been able to keep a fun, new yet good energy around a please so meaningful. As you know the property is a remodeled property but it has been done so nicely and it is meant to bring a smile on your face and make you happy, which I am sure is the case for you.

Convenience is key if you are staying with us. If you are a business travel you have all the amenities you might need such as the ones you mentioned, but there is also the communal table in the lobby in case you don’t want to be in your room and want to enjoy working while being around others. If you are here on vacation we have it as well. Too many more wonderful memories at the Saguaro Palm Springs as it is a magical and fun place to be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Polish first
So Cal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

The modern motif at this recently renovated hotel is nice and is definitely BRIGHT. The service was pretty good, not great because there was a little bit of attitude from some of the restaurant and front desk staff. The rooms are fair but you can tell it was an older hotel with a makeover. The walls are thin so ask for a room in a quiet location and the pool view option is a must. You can tell that the pool bar scene is probably a great place to be in the hot summer months. The one thing that brought this review up was the yoga class and instructor. The instructor was incredible and my wife and I felt incredibly relaxed and refreshed after the 8am session.

Room Tip: The walls are very thin so make sure you ask for a quiet location unless you want to party.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JO_8500
Rose G, Front Office Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear JO_8500, you are right the Yoga is definitely an added plus to the amenities that we offer. It is truly relaxing and a great way to start your day. Thank you for appreciating the charm that the Saguaro has to offer as it means so much to us to have our guest enjoy the 14 different desert flowers that are painted throughout the facility. You can only imagine what the pool scene will begin to be like starting very soon through the end of the summer season, with DJ playing at the pool and beautiful people all around you.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Third time was the charm to get the right room to make our 2-night stay here such a wonderful experience. Ground floor is key if you are going to take advantage of their 'pet fee included' offer. It was also very nice to wake up and walk directly to the pool for a swim and breakfast while the sun was still warming up the many bright, yellow lounge chairs that circle the warm waters of the large pool and 2 hot tubs. Since they don't open the pool bar until 10a, there was plenty of time to swim up a good appetite for the delish chorizo breakfast burrito. Outside of the pool, you'll find an abundant supply of tables, chairs and large cushy sunbeds for reclining and watching the bocce ball players. I could see this being a perfect spot for a girlfriend weekend getaway!
Staff at the front desk, in the halls, and at the restaurant bars were all informative and accomodating to every request. Fruit and spice water at the front desk was a refreshing and thoughtful touch. Thoroughly enjoyed and looking forward to coming back with friends!

Room Tip: Request ground floor on the north end to enjoy the afternoon sunshine on your patio!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank redheadbrooke
Dear redheadbrooke, I am so happy that your stay was everything that you were planning for since you knew exactly what you were looking for and what to expect. It is really nice to be able to go and swim and then have an amazing breakfast while you soak up the sun in what is supposed to be winter time. The Saguaro sure is a perfect spot for girls and boys getaway since it exudes fun times. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends to have an amazing an experience as well.
Modesto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Saguaro is a relaxing Oasis away from the downtown crowd. The pool area was immaculate and set up for resort style relaxation. The staff proved to be some of the best that I have encountered ( and I travel quite a bit) The rooms were clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. My only complaint about the rooms were that the walls were a bit thin! My neighbors laughter came through a bit to clear for my taste. The guest services are outstanding! The spa offers various amenities that I wish I had had more time to enjoy. The massage I had was amazing though. I had a somewhat less than except able experience in the Cantina that left me a tad disappointed, but the hotel staff instantly corrected it for me. I am in the Palm Springs area once a year and have dubbed this my ‘Go To Place' overpassing the five star chain hotel that I had previously been staying at.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. It is a beautiful view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shafer5
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for a long weekend during an event in Palm Springs. The decor was so beautiful & colourful. I did the free yoga classes every morning which where great. I never got a chance to borrow the hotel bicycles but I would have loved to. I didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on the food, but otherwise it was nothing but a positive experience

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela S
Dear Pamela S, I am so happy that an event brought you and your partner to the Palm Springs area especially for bringing you to the Saguaro. It is always great to read that our guests enjoy their stay and the amenities that we have put in place to just make it that much better. I agree the yoga is a great added amenity and so are the bikes, which I hope you get to experience during your next visit with us. And you must try our restaurants as you will be blown away and your palate will be left wanting some more. I wonder if we can box it to the UK. Until next time.
Almonte, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I flew into Palm Springs and spent an evening at the Saguaro. This is an older hotel that was completely renovated and refurbished a few years ago with a unique style.

The good points first: The rooms are large, great beds and refurbished bathrooms. It also has a unique decor. My room had a modern inset wall mounted heat/AC unit that had its compressor out on the balcony. This is good because you do not hear the sound of the compressor going on and off (like you get with the under window units at holiday inn express and other similar properties. Very quiet and efficient. The bar has great food, and the service was good. Check in was straight forward. Basic (slow) internet is free, with the option to upgrade to a premium service.
The down point, is the hotel airport shuttle. When I booked it, one of the reasons was the airport shuttle. I talked to reception before i traveled and was told to call when I was ready for pick up. I called at 7:45PM and was told to wait by the flag pole and that they would be there before 8PM, which was the scheduled pick up. I dutifully did so. at 5 past, I called back to say that I had still not seen the shuttle. (though I saw several from other hotels). The front desk said they would be there shortly. I asked how long and they said 5 minutes max. I replied that I would take a taxi if it was going to be longer as I had been traveling all day and they said it would arrive imminently. At 8:15, I finally gave up and took a taxi as the shuttle had still not arrived. I called the hotel to cancel the pick up. When I got to check in, I mentioned that I had waited over half an hour at the flag pole for the mythical shuttle bus. The front desk attendant was not concerned and barely offered any form of apology. (and no compensation). All I wanted to do was drop my bags and get a bite to eat. I guess the fact that business travelers want to leave the airport as soon as possible was not a concern to them.

Fortunately, the fish tacos in the bar (and the cold beer) improved my mood.

Good value for the money, but take the $15 taxi if you are actually trying to get to the hotel as my experience with the shuttle was terrible.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David C
Dear David C, the Saguaro is definitely a fun, hip property with many fun things to do from the bocce ball to the Ping Pong at the lobby. I am very delighted to that you enjoyed your stay and that e room was to your liking as good sleep is very important. I am sorry that the shuttle experience was not a favorable one as we truly do a good job at ensuring that we pick up our guest accordingly as we want them to come and enjoy the facility and the dining experience that we have to offer. Please do not be discouraged as the shuttle is a great service that we have put in place for our guest our shuttle not only takes you to and from the airport and to and from downtown Palm Springs and I hope that next time we are better able to make this a better experience for you. The food at the Saguaro is amazing from El Jefe with a Mexican tequila bar that offers some of the best tacos and nachos your stomach will be full and your palate will be savoring every bite. Let’s not forget Tinto as it is a dining experience unlike any other, with its Basque Tapas you will leave very satisfied.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Short get away from cold and wet Seattle! Really loved my time at the Saguaro..the colors are fantastic. The pool, hot tub and fitness room were used every day. Very comfortable around the pool during the day. The pool is sheltered from the winds which can be troublesome sometimes. I spent lots of time getting sun and it's so nice to have food and drinks available at the pool as well. Very comfortable room with a flat screen tv and good lighting which I appreciate because I like to read in the evening. Fantastic restaurants with great happy hour and interesting dinner options. Tinto..Basque cuisine as good as I had in San Sebastien and El Jefe..Mexican food with a terrific Taco Tuesday deal that was incredible. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank JohnBreitweiser
Rose G, Front Office Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear JohnBreitweiser, Thank you so much for sharing your Saguaro experience with us. Remember whenever Seattle has rain and snow we will be waiting for you to share some much needed sun and fun poolside just for you. Our pool is definitely one of the best pools in the desert with plenty of seats and we have now begun to have a DJ that plays some of the popular hits over the weekends and it just add that sense of chill time. Until next time!