1,343 results
All reviews el jefe bright colors tequila bar purple carpet colorful hotel pool area pool party tacos ping pong table fun hotel free shuttle shuttle service third floor bachelorette party fitness center mid week coffee maker
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My company was involved in the 2012 El Paseo Fashion Week. The Saguaro was where we chose to stay and we couldn't have been more pleased. The hotel couldn't have been more accommodating to our needs. The Assistant Manager, Michael Treptow, was constantly checking in with us making sure our stay was a pleasant one. We ate in both restaurants, which were excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a fun, comfortable, casual place to stay. I also recommend working with Mr. Treptow as he was very professional and his concern for his customers was that of a 5-star resort.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank worldtravelers101
SaguaroPS, General Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

It's so great to hear from you. We really appreciate your comments and loved having your group stay with us. I'm glad Michael was attentive and that you got a chance to try both El Jefe and Tinto. What did you try? We would love to welcome you back again any time!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The two things that made this hotel experience memorable were the front desk staff and room service staff (both were lovely).

The service staff at the poolside bar and at Tinto were frosty, at best. The whole place was reminiscent of a poor-planned cover-up of a sagging structure. The hallways were dark and stuffy (dark purple carpeting in a windowless hallway with no A/C... yipes!), the walls were paper-thin, our mountain view room faced one of two busy streets this hotel was nestled between, the toilet was wobbly, one of the lights in our room was motion sensitive (!!), and the street noise was loud enough that we couldn't use our patio. I typically hesitate to visit an establishment during the first 4-6 months it's open, recognizing that there will be many kinks to work out. In this instance, I bid on Priceline and got the Saguaro. I didn't select it initially (even with the $99 special they were offering) for exactly that reason. And based on the reviews, I guessed that they were experiencing growing pains. However, with such a well-established hotel chain, I certainly expected those kinks to be worked out in a much more timely fashion. Not so. I certainly hope the Saguaro gets it together.

The only thing that ranks this hotel as a 3.5 star experience is the price point in each restaurant. Otherwise, I would give it a solid 2.5 star rating.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SaguaroPS, General Manager at The Saguaro Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for bringing you concerns to our attention. While I'm happy to hear you found the hotel staff helpful and friendly, I am disappointed to hear that you found the restaurant staff less helpful. We appreciate your feedback about the decor as well as the service and will certainly take it into consideration moving forward. Did you get a chance to use any of our resort amenities like the gym or complimentary yoga and bike rentals? We would be happy to welcome you back again any time; I know we can show you a great time.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Recently visited the hotel for a girls get-away and all of us were immediately impressed by the The Saguaro's design, sophistication and exceptional staff. The hotel met all our needs and then some. One thing that really impressed me is the attention to detail at the hotel- a true Joie de Vivre Hotel gem. Thank you Saguaro- we will definitely be back!

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank N Q

It's great to hear from you! I'm so glad you enjoyed your girls getaway with us. I know the staff will be pleased to hear that you found them helpful and friendly. We would love to welcome you back again any time for another girls' trip!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed at The Saguaro recently because I wanted to get out of LA for a couple of nights. What a fun and at the same time chill hotel to stay in. Really colorful, that sets a happy vibe when you want to just lounge by the pool and relax. The views of the San Jacinto Mountains are stunning.

The entire experience went great. Check in went well as anyone would expect. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and colorful just like the outside of the property.

We had drinks at El Jefe the first night before we went out to meet with friends, a very cool hangout. And we also had breakfast at Tinto. Fairly reasonably priced menu and good food, for sure.

Manager Michael Treptow was very attentive and wanted to make sure all our needs were met. I liked that. I felt like they cared about my stay there. I wanna go back, hopefully soon.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joao H

Joao,

It's great to hear from you. I'm glad you enjoyed your getaway with us! It's great to hear that you found the colors vibrant and the staff friendly and helpful. We're fortunate to have both Tinto and El Jefe on the property--they're so much fun. We would love to welcome you back again any time.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed at the hotel back in February right after it opened. It’s a decent hotel but we had a terrible experience. Our Vehicle was stolen along with most of our belongings. We had our stuff in the car already and the car keys were taken from the one suitcase that was still with us in the hotel.
Hotel was kind at first, since my credit cards were stolen as well they offered me to stay an additional night free of charge and felt sorry for us. When police arrived we found out that there are no security cameras other than in the main lobby. This place has multiple entrances and a couple of restaurants\bars off the main lobby. All visitors have access to the rooms but no security cameras to protect the guest staying at the hotel.
Now i am trying to get the hotel to approve the insurance calim with out result. they have been ignoring my emails since.

Date of stay: February 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank joel g