Sundance Villas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
ARRIVE(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
Desert Sun Resort(Palm Springs)
Acacia Lodge(California Desert)
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate poolwelcome basketblue skiescasa lunacar garageprivate homemaster bedroomgas grilltotal privacyperfect getawaywasher dryercleaned dailyfull kitchenpots and panscomforts of hometennis courtswalk in closet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2013

very nice renting a private home without all the normal hassle that comes along with it (contracts, security deposits, etc). Very easy reservation deal. Very private. We didn't see another soul after entering into out couryard. Nicely heated abeit small pool. Perfectly fine for us and perhaps 1-2 more max. I tend to to think 3 is the true max. Any more and you might start feeling like you are in one big tub together.
We were suprised by the welcome basket in the fridge upon arrival with bagels, fruit, some beverages etc, Nice touch.
So why only 3 stars? We were already online booking our next trip out there we liked it so much. We have rented much nicer places for the same price range in the area but again those are the hassle ones with the contracts or even worse owner managed properties where they tend to walk in and out at their liesure during ones stay. Not to mention this one had the comfort factor. Nothing too fancy but yet just right to feel settled in no time.
We were going to go back to the reservation deal the next day and never did. The reason? The most uncomfortable bed one can imagine. There was just nothing right about it. We have both traveled our fair share and run into bad beds and this one fell right into that category. To us none of the rest of it matters if we can't get a good nights sleep. The other problem with the bed, constant itching. I really really really hope that it was the detergent they used that we were allergic to and not something else that I dare not say. We did mention upon checkout what a nice experience we had with the one exception of the bed and the unsettling itching from being in the bed. She said that is not possible, we spray all the time, and that was that. Any response or acknowledgement on the uncomfortable mattress? None on that either.
Huge bummer. I was hoping to hear they were having them replaced sooner rather than later. Had she given us any indication that was the case, a future booking would have happened right there. Bummer. We won't be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 1LuvToTravel1
SundancePSbyPVM, Manager at Sundance Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Your review left me with a heavy heart. It is always distressing for a manager to read a review from a guest who leaves a property unhappy, especially when we make such strident efforts to
provide a great vacation experience. We urge our guests to contact us early in their stay if they have any special requests (or complaints) and would hope to have an opportunity to correct a situation rather than hear, upon check out, they were unhappy for the full length of their stay.

Beds are such a personal preference, and we have mattress toppers and box spring boards for guests who require a softer or firmer mattress -- or we can try to move a guest to an entirely different villa with an entirely different mattress. I regret we did not have the opportunity to make this adjustment for you.

When I was told of your comment to my assistant about experiencing 'bites' during your stay, my housekeepers dismantled the bedding, inspected every inch of the mattress and surrounding carpeting and had our pest control tech also inspect for any insect, living or dead. Nothing was found. Our beds are triple sheeted and linens professionally laundered. Our towels are laundered in hypo-allergenic detergent. Since most guests spend a lot of time soaking in the hot water spa and basking in the desert sun while inhaling desert flora, there are sometimes allergic reactions to this 'new' environment. I am allergic to the roses we delivered to your villa prior to your arrival. Is it possible you were, too?

Since you have decided you won't be back, please accept my thanks here for choosing to spend your birthday with us and my apologies we were not given the opportunity to make it perfect. Have a wonderful summer.

Sincerely, Ginny Hahn

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We recently went to Palm Springs and stayed at "Sundance Villas" while the kids went to Coachella music festival. The rooms were clean, the service was excellent and the staff were extremely helpful.
The welcome basket was also nice touch.
I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Fara M
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in Blue skies at Sundance Villas from 26th March to 4th April and were very sorry when the time came to leave. We had been to the Conchella Valley on 2 previous occasions but this was the first time at Sundance Villas.

The villa was really nice - not entirely to our decorative taste but it was clean and bright and had everything we needed PLUS 10 days of wall to wall sunshine and fantastic temperatures. The communal pool was fabulous, probably helped because for most of our stay we had it to ourselves. Great restaurants and food shops locally and in the desert communities so we were really spoilt for choice. Bar-B-Qued on 2 evenings ( you can't do that in the UK in April - or any other time come to think of it !!) and had lemonade made from the lemons on the neighbours tree ( which they kindly gave us). Really good - and the room service staff and guys in the office were great - they didn't bother us with anything, but if we needed anything it was there. We will go again. Recommended.

Room Tip: Blue Skies was very nice but having asked to see a couple of the other villas - they are all a good standard
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 336PeterG

Thank you for taking time to leave your review of your stay at Sundance Villas on TripAdvisor.
We commend you on being such a great parent and are happy you were able to enjoy the pool and Palm Springs' attractions while your children enjoyed the CoachellaFest! We hope to see you in 2014, with or without your children! Thanks, again,
Ginny Hahn

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Not quite able to afford our own private island, this oasis in the urban sprawl of Palm Springs was a very good alternative. Needing a get-away, we booked two weeks in the Shang-ri La villa, Sundance Villas, not knowing what to really expect. Everything exceeded our expectations, from the very comfortable bed, to the privacy and ambience of the complex which included a large central pool and tennis courts .The two bedroom, three bathroom villa was very spacious and well appointed (though I did have to resort to the thrift shops to find a real teapot, but, hey, that just gave me an excuse to leave our sanctuary and explore possibly the most interesting attractions in greater Palm Springs). The villas could just rely on their uniqueness alone in that each has its own entirely private garden with plunge pool and hot tub. Did I say private, yes, THAT private. So the attention to details, full amenities, and on-site attentive management (putting in a better dishwasher when we mentioned we had to rewash dishes) certainly made this a very special holiday for this senior couple. Will we back, yes, to celebrate a milestone anniversary.

Room Tip: Vilas on the west side will lose sun on their private garden and pool first; good in hot months, not so good in cooler months.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Quadracat
SundancePSbyPVM, Manager at Sundance Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review of your stay at Shangri-La in the Sundance Villas' private community. We have forwarded your kind words to the villa owners who live on the east coast. They are so pleased you were able to enjoy their sunny home while they were stuck in their offices.

We so enjoyed meeting you; such a great couple. I could have taken a day off to hike with you and the new friends you have made on our beautiful desert trails. It is so much fun for us locals to meet and chat with International visitors hiking our canyon trails in the winter and spring and the forest trails at the top of the P.S. Aerial Tramway in the summer and fall. You allow us to see our 'home' through your eyes and remind us how very fortunate we are to live in Palm Springs year 'round.

You were perfect guests, and we truly hope you will return for many more special celebrations.
We apologize for the proper teapot oversight and thank you for leaving your lovely purchase behind for other guests to enjoy.

Enjoy your summer in your beautiful Canadian home or wherever your travels take you.

Best wishes for good health and happy trails to you

Until we meet again,

Ginny Hahn

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I recently visited Palm Springs for the first time and chose 'Sundance Villas' as my first destination. When we arrived, everything was in order: music softly playing, lights dimly lit, etc. The home looked lovely and there was even a nice welcome basket waiting the the refrigerator! The home was nicely stocked with all the amenities one would need in a home away from home. To be perfectly honest, the main reason for choosing Sundance is the privacy & private pool for dipping, so I don't pay as much merit to other details some other travelers may find as must-haves. Overall the experience was an enjoyable one, if I were looking for a few things which could be improved upon I would say the home I stayed in had some minor maintenance issues that really should be addressed; and the house cleaning was lackluster to say the least. The 'house cleaner' only delivers fresh towels and pulled up the bed, no thoughtful effort was put into any other type of cleaning while I was there - AND the house cleaner didn't even show up on the last day! I did enjoy the peace and quiet and would stay here again in the future if I am ever in Palm Springs!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank urban_girlie
SundancePSbyPVM, Manager at Sundance Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Your comments are most helpful, from a management standpoint, because it alerts us to weaknesses and oversights. If you have not already done so, would you mind sending me an email to: privatevillamanagement@gmail.com, listing the villa name and the items needing attention.
We are in the process of "spring" cleaning and want to make sure we take care of everything.
Happy to know, overall, you enjoyed your stay, and we truly hope you will choose a Sundance Villas
vacation rental next time you plan a trip to Palm Springs. Most sincerely, Ginny Hahn