“Privacy Guaranteed. Could Spend All Day Relaxing in the Pool.”
Review of Sundance Villas

Sundance Villas
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Was traveling through Palm Springs and was looking for a place to chill and just hang out in a private pool. I knew a hotel wouldn't offer this, so I looked into the Sundance Villas. I made the right choice. I am just so sick and tired of hanging by a hotel pool and putting up with screaming kids and clueless parents (No. I actually don't find your kids adorable -- I find them to be obnoxious brats). But anyway, so I'm traveling through Palm Springs and I just want to hang out and relax in a private pool. So, this place fit my needs perfectly. I called the woman who runs this place and she told me that there was one Villa left and I could have it. She couldn't have been nicer. I get to the Villa and it's this super clean, very homey -- in a Palm Springs kind-a way. I barely have the front door shut before my street clothes are replaced with my bathing suit and I've got myself situated in the nice little backyard pool. Basically, I was in there until the sun went down. Playing music, hanging, chilling. New York City melting off of me by the minute. I'm a Californian, so I felt like I was home. Staying here started me thinking why I'm living in Manhattan in the first place. But anyway, that's another story. The story for this place is that it's a great place to chill. Friends came over in the evening and we had a great night hanging in and around the pool. High walls guaranteed our privacy. So, my recommendation for the next time you're in Palm Springs is to forget the pretentious hotels or the family-oriented hotels and get your own place in the sun at one of the Sundance Villas. BTW -- I stayed in the Villa del Palma Villa. I'm sure they're all as nice, and as private. Have a great time.

Room Tip: They're Villas, so sorry, this "best room" business doesn't apply here
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed July 2, 2011

My husband and I are so pleased with our stay here at Sundance Villas, we're writing our review while we're still here! This is simply a heavenly place to get away from it all.

We rely heavily on the reviews on TripAdvisor when we select a place to stay and we've never gone wrong. The reviews for Sundance Villas were excellent and sure enough it certainly is indeed. The villa, Villa Desierto, is a dream; large, clean, beautifully decorated, and quiet. We have not heard a sound from any of the surrounding villas, and that's just the way we like it. The plunge pool/jacuzzi has a waterfall and is plenty large enough for those refreshing dips that beat the heat in July. There is also a front yard with a water fountail, a resident hummingbird, and a wonderful gas grill for grilling those steaks or veggie burgers (whichever you prefer.) Finally, not enough can be said about the wonderful management. We called at the last minute and snagged one of the last remaining units. Best of all, and she may not love that I'm writing this, she bent their "no pets" policy and allowed us to bring our beloved dog Mya with us. There's even a park less than a mile away for potty breaks! (Please people. If you travel with your dogs, take them to a park to go potty. Guests don't want to walk in grass dogs used as a bathroom!)

Can't rave enough about this trip. Private pool! Home with full kitchen! Privacy! Peace and quiet.

Best get-away ever.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We have visited Sundance several times we'll keep going back. Management is very attentive and they even remember our preferences from one stay to the next. The villa is always clean and well-maintained. Guest privacy is a priority here. There is no restaurant, room service or spa but the villas each have a private pool.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HopetobehotMomma
Reviewed March 7, 2011

My wife and I spent our honeymoon weekend in the Villa Desierto and was absolutely blown away by place. We've stayed several places before in Palm Springs, and each of them has had one or more issues that tend to dampen the experience of staying in such a great little town. We expreienced 0 issues this time. Everything inside looked brand new, and the bells and whistles in the condo were impressive, to say the least. Private spa/pool with waterfall, outdoor fountains, a private in-condo sauna, full kitchen, HD TVs in every room, a fire place, sunken shower/tub, 2 bicycles with helmets available for use, full washer/dryer, dishwasher, coffee maker......I'm telling you, the place had everything! Plus, we received a generous welcome basket that had bagels, cream cheese, jelly, and around a weeks worth of fresh fruit!

Given that we spent our wedding night there, this place has become very special to us. We CANNOT WAIT to get back and only hope that we won't have to wait long!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank j_to_the_l_o
Reviewed December 7, 2010

An absolutely amazing weekend was spent at the Sundance Villas in Sept with my daughter and 2 friends. We stayed in the Villa con Affresco for the 2nd time and the clean , quiet, roomy Villa was everything we imagined. We certainly put the private pool and hot tub to good use ! We were only there a weekend, but managed to visit the Living Desert, Vineyards , Beach , and enjoyed the local shops and restaurants, all within easy driving distance. It was my daughters 30th birthday and even before we left , she was asking when we were coming back !And living in the frigid midwest {1 degree here this AM} we are dreaming of our next visit ! The manager ,Ginny Hahn, greeted us with a warm welcome, and made us feel totally at home. She took care of our every need and even lined us up with manicures & pedicures at a local shop. We will definately be returning - and hopefully very soon !

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2010

We have been to Sundance four times and have stayed in two of the nineteen villas. We keep returning because the villas are comfortable, clean and your privacy is guaranteed. The villas we've stayed in have private pools in an enclosed pool/patio area (see photos) so there is absolutely no concern if you want to sunbathe/skinny dip. Our villas have had one or two gas fireplaces (one of which is in the master bedroom-see photo) and, unlike some fireplaces, these can be turned up to produce large flames. When you arrive, you are given a garage door opener which gives you access to your own private garage. Once inside, you discover in your refrigerator a very nice welcome package with bagels, fruit, juices, bottled water and other snacks. Sundance is at the north end of Palm Canyon Drive so you are close to the tram and just down the street from many, many good restaurants and coffee shops. Although we've wanted to ride the tram everytime we've been there, we haven't been able to tear ourselves away from Sundance long enough to do that yet. The staff is responsive and very sensitive to protecting your privacy. The villas at Sundance are privately owned so it is not a resort but, we feel, it is a very good value if you want a place to get away for romance and relaxation.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HopetobehotMomma
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Beautifully appointed private Villas with your own private pool.spa,patio garden,daily maid service,newspaper delivery.The perfect restful get away!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple