“After 21 years never again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #31 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
San Juan Capistrano, California
“After 21 years never again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

We booked our room two months before thinking we would be getting a better rate to find our that we payed $70.00 more a night than if we would have walked in. Blake front desk nice guy, older man cleaning the trash a gem. Middle management F&B incompetent. Young afternoon bartender (GIRL)Monday April 26th. RUDE, ARROGANT and should not be allowed near front of the house. General manager nice man that wants to please customers, but is going to have a hard time with this crew. After 21 years of coming to this hotel we have to move on. By the way room 526 the toilet does not flush correctly.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, April 29, 2010
As a follow up, we do not accept poor attitude or service. This exchange that I witnessed was unacceptable and as the guest indicated, I sent the employee home and they will not be returning to this hotel so this cost them their job. We thought we made a good hire with this individual but clearly they did not perform to the level as others here as the guest themselves point out by recognizing some our other outstanding team members. I am sorry the guest did not accept my personal apology or my gesture to take care of their bar bill. We will continue to try to earn the good will of our guests and to WOW our guests. And any team member who does not share this vision cannot be a team member here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

We stayed at the newly remodeled Hyatt and had a fantastic time. the service was excellent, the new style was wonderful and out room was exceedingly comfortable.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
Thank you for your visit and for sharing your comments. We hope to have you visit again in the near future.
maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

My husband and I dropped our kids with their grandparents so we could escape for a long weekend away. We flew in and took the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. We have never been to Palm Springs and were looking forward to our visit. Our room was fantastic. It was clean and very fresh. We enjoyed our coffee each morning out on the balcony. The front desk girl (I can't recall her name) was very nice. We had room service. The food was great. The location was fantastic. We had no need for a car. After three nights we took the shuttle back to the airport. We didn't have any issues at all during our stay. We will recommend this Hyatt to all of our family and friends. Thank you Palm Springs Hyatt - for a very nice escape from reality.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your visit and sharing your comments. We are delighted to have had you with us and I will share your remarks with our team.
West Covina, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2010

This was the perfect hotel for our family. The rooms were clean and comfortable. It is newley remodeled so great value since it is like staying at a new hotel.It is right on the strip so we did not have to do much driving once we got here. We were able to walk to many restaurants and even the street fair on Thursday night was right out our door. Really made it feel like a vacation without the car! Relaxing and we will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, April 22, 2010
Thank you for allowing us to host your family. We agree, we are the perfect spot for a famiy with our suites and downtown location which allows you to move around with out your car. We hope to have your family back again in future.
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

This newly renovated hotel is out to impress everyone of its guests. The rooms all have been redecorated and the hotel staff is always polite and helpful and dealt with everyone of my requests. When I had a slight problem that needed to be corrected, the Hotel General Manager, David Hill, stepped in and resolved everything promptly and to everyone's satisfaction
The restaurants cater to every taste, but I really enjoyed the room service which was always prompt and piping hot! What a joy! If going to Palm Springs, one should consider the Hyatt as a hotel choice.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Thank you for coming to stay with us. I do indeed recall our meeting and pleased I was able to assit you. Your kind remarks are most appreciated and we hope to welcome you back on another visit.
Caerphilly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

Great hotel with lovely clean rooms. we booked a cabana but found this to be very noisy with a bar outside. Reported our concern to reception and they were most helpfull and gave us a quieter room was as good as the cabana suites.

All the staff were courteous but I particularly single out Sherie Gallagher for her customer friendly attitude.

Would definately stay again but only in a mountain room with access to the suite above the restaurant area.

Well done everyone for making that part of holiday so enjoyable

Regards

Cliiord and Carol

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am pleased that Sherrie was able to solve your problem with the noise disturbance and make your change of suites and that we were able to make your vacation so enjoyable. The Cabana Suites are pool side and have ideal pool access but the street level location is not ideal everyone. I will share your kind comments with her.
Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

The front desk staff at HR Palm Springs are the most apathetic of any Hyatt hotel I have experienced. As a Diamond Gold Passport member you get free airport transfers. When I arrived at PSP I called and asked where to pick up the shuttle and was told to wait at the center island of the airport. I was told it would come on the half hour which I just missed. To my surprise a young man picked me up in a car with Hyatt markings in only 8 minutes. The front desk staff were very vague when I asked questions about the rooms. When I left on a Monday I went to breakfast at the restaurant at about 8:30am and something happened with the order not being processed so I went upstairs to get my luggage and put it in storage. Came back down to find meal on table which I finished quickly. Go to front desk to check out and get shuttle to airport at 9:30. Clerk tells me I just missed the 9:30 and will have to wait for the 10am. so I wait in the center in front of the check-in desk with other people who I believe to be waiting also. The shuttle van was parked just out side as it had been since 8:30am. Later a van picks up the waiting people but it was a private service. at 10am ask the same clerk about the shuttle and she now tells me I have to go outside and ask the valet. I go outside and the valet ask me if I have a reservation. I am livid, obviously I am the only one going to the airport with a 10:30am boarding and these clowns are playing games. The guy tells me to get in the van and it will leave in 5 minutes. I do so and after 7 minutes I have to call him to the van because I am going to be late. Then it is another 3-5 minutes trying to crank the van.
The public spaces of the hotel are stunning and the rooms are large and spacious. However, the staff are the worst of any Hyatt hotel I have ever experienced.

Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Please accept my aplogies for the confusion and poor attention you experienced. In particular as it was a busy time we ran two shuttles back to back, a van and a sedan to assist our guests and had expanded our schedule. It clearly was not communicated well and I am sorry for the poor impression. This is not the memory we want you to take away and I hope you will return on another visit so that we can try to regain your confidence and you will see our improvements. We value all our guests, in particular our Hyatt Gold, Diamond and Platinum holders.