Our family stayed 3 nights at the Hyatt Paln Springs over the New Year period and although the hotel. has been recently refurbished ,overall we were pretty disappointed with many aspects of the hotel. Firstly, be prepared for the most bizarre and we thought depressing decor for the rooms. They are ftted out with with a nausea inducing faded sliver wallpaper with pretty much everything else black (including curtains) except for a thin,miserable and utterly pointless bright orange quarter sized bedspread. This is a shame because actually the rooms are well equiiped with two good sized flat screen TVs in both the bedroom and sitting room areas. Other plus points were that the concierge service was on the whole pretty good as was the breakfast in the large atrium dining area. Now for disaster area number 2... the Swimming Pool. It is not the pool area itself that was our main cause for complalnt but the constant loud music piped to it from dawn to dusk (we were awoken on New Years day at 7am by the din) Why at a time when we all can choose our own music courtesy of an MP3 do hotels still insist on inflicting their own ghastly unavoidable musical taste on us? In Hyatt Palm Springs case the quiet peace of a beautiful warm and relaxing day by the pool was ruined by a head splitting compilation of soft and not so soft rock music. I love music. I love rock music , but I don't want it blaring at me whilst I read my book by the pool. Sorry Hyatt but for every guest who might welcome it there must be 2 who like me, think it is tacky, trashy , unnecessary and unwelcome . So unless you like your wall paper sliver your curtains and carpets black and somebody elses i-pod mix blasted at you by the pool don't go the Hyatt Palm Springs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Springs' only all suite, newly renovated hotel located in the heart of the historic village. Just footsteps from shopping, restaurants, galleries, museums, casino and theaters. Enjoy a mountain or village view from your private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Hyatt Regency Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Hyatt