“Classic Consistency and Comfort”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #37 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I'm a native of California and lived in Palm Springs for a few years yet this was my first time staying at the hotel, having dined there before. What a pleasant surprise.

The hotel has been maintained and coiffed brilliantly over the years. My sense is they will do another upgrade soon. The rooms provide a deep square footage in the suites providing a sense of living space/home. In a geographic location with oppressive heat for a good number of months per year the rooms are smartly cool, with enough glass window for light but also providing coolness by not overexposing to light and sun from the outside.

The gym was sufficient though a warning to anyone my height (6'3") or taller. When using the elliptical machines my head hit the ceiling on the up step. So I went over to the treadmill and did my cardio there. Pool grounds are generous without being overdone. Back room views are tremendous facing Mt. San Jacinto and the golf course at the foot of it.

Another benefit is the hotel is downtown PS but also a tad on the north end so you are not in the busiest area.

Room Tip: On Thursday evening starting either at around 6pm there is the weekly Street Festival which is marve...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 2MillionMileMan
David Y, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear TwoMillionMileMan:

Thank you so much for your kind comments concerning your stay at the Hyatt Palm Springs. We are so pleased that you chose to stay with us and found our suites spacious, cool and relaxing. We do agree that our mountain views are spectacular and our location in Palm Springs is first rate. Please come back and stay with us again. Our entire staff looks forward to being of service to you again soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The Hyatt is an older property recently renovated in a clean modern sleek style. It is located in the heart of the Palm Canyon district making it very desirable. It is an easy walk to the many restaurants, shops and theaters. It is so convenient. The amenities from pool side to the many lushly furnished sitting area are comfortable and welcoming. The beds and pillows make for a wonderful night's sleep. We had a view of the mountains on one side and the lush courtyard on the other. The room had a sitting area separate from the bedroom. The bathroom was very clean. The staff is very accomodating and cheerful. I enjoyed the two glass elevators in main lobby area and were my favorite way to ride. The bar which makes a great Irish Coffee and the restaurant are both located between the lobby and the pool area. It was a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Serra62
David Y, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Serra62: Thank you very much for your kind comments about your stay at the Hyatt Palm Springs. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our superb Palm Canyon location, our incredible view of the mountains, our many amenities and our cheerful and welcoming staff. Please come back and see us soon. Our entire staff looks forward to being of service to you again soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Hotel was in a great locations to walk the main street of Palm Springs. All the rooms are suites. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Our room looked over the golf course, although there is a street between the hotel and golf course you can see the mountains. My only complaint is the high cost of parking,$25.00 and resort fee, $15.00.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank LyndaGay

Dear LyndaGay: Thank you so much for your kind comments concerning your stay at the Hyatt Palm Springs. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our great location and our spacious and clean two room suites. Please come back and see us soon! Our entire staff looks forward to being of service to you again soon,

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt on Palm Canyon last week for 3 days. My husband had work, several coworkers staying there, he works for a large corporation, he is a Hyatt Gold Passport member. We arrived at 2. The front desk clerk told us checkin is at 4, he had rooms available but if we wanted to check in before 4, we needed to pay $50. After complaining politely for a bit, he waived the charge.

The rooms were very dark and very dated. Popcorn ceilings anyone? having a suite is nice though (all rooms are suites or that is how they bill it) Also, its a bit creepy, the living room area of the suite faces the hallway, and there is a big window there. I really don't want people walking down the hall looking through the window into my room There are curtains but they are very heavy, and that just makes the room that much darker.

The pool deck needs some cleaning. There is rust in several spots. The waitress at the pool was great though. We didn't eat at the restaurant as there are so many great hotels nearby. And every time I walked by, it was virtually empty.

One day, the cleaning people put nice new towels in the room but left all the dirty ones. Thats never happened to me before.

We had a room facing the golf course, which was very nice. But they just are starting to build a Kimpton next door, just pouring the foundation. So if you plan on being in your room during the day, you will hear the construction noise, even with the balcony door closed. Ask for a room that faces the pool

Finally, there was no "book" in the room with info about the hotel, room service menu, etc. I called the front desk to get a room service menu, and they brought the room service menu just for dinner which looked like it just came off the copy machine. Maybe I should have been more clear.

Next time, I'll stay somewhere else

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool, as they just started building a Kimpton next door and you will hear...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We got in very early to Palm Springs, so we tried to get early check in. The front desk staff was so helpful and accommodating they held our bags while we lounged by the pool. By 12 pm our room was available. The room was very clean and luxurious. Our room looked over the pool and had mountain views. Hyatt is in walking distances to all the best restaurants in Palm Springs. Peabody's for breakfast, Las Casuelas for lunch and early entertainment, and Workshop Kitchen for dinner; all within walking distance. Overall, Great getaway spot.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 204 over looking the pool. Highly recommend it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel is in a prime location; within walking distance to great restaurants & shopping. The staff is very helpful and attentive. The rooms are all suites & attractively decorated. The entire property was clean.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the 3rd floor or higher.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here on Valentines day Weekend and things were off to a good start until I got into my room. While checking in, the front desk clerk Courtney, I believe that's what her name was, told me that the room service and flowers I ordered were in the room and waiting for me. Upon opening the hotel room door, I discovered that there were no chocolate covered strawberries(which I ordered) champagne, or flowers anywhere to be found. I figured I would wait a little while to see if they were just going to deliver them after check in. 2 hours later, nothing!! So we went out to dinner and came back in the evening to find a piece of chocolate cake that said "Happy Birthday" and the champagne I ordered. Cake was horrible and we didn't even feel like drinking the champagne after our drinks with dinner. After planning this with the Hotel a week in advance, I was really disappointed with the attention to detail.
Another thing I noticed was that they only have 1 chair on the balcony, so only one of us could sit down and enjoy the view!! I couldn't believe that with the space, they couldn't add another chair. The GM needs to look into this matter and resolve it or this is going to turn away many guests. They ended up taking the dessert and champagne off of our bill which was great but the least they could do for ruining Valentines Day.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple