“Great location”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #38 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Smack dab right in the heart of downtown Palm Springs. Nice, spacious suites and nice way to begin a family trip. They do have a shuttle van from the airport, which we used .. .but it took a little while after we called for them to pick us up. (Hint: go across the street to where the taxis are and stand near the flagpole).

Room Tip: Call the hotel valet as soon as you land for airport shuttle pickup to minimize waiting time.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Flaul
Write a ReviewReviews (1,898)

Reviewed December 25, 2013

It was our first trip to Palm Springs and I have only good things to say about the Hotel. When we arrived at 5:00pm our room was not ready and the staff immediately sent us to the bar for complimentary refreshments while we waited. After a half hour the room was "almost" ready and so we asked about just getting an upgrade to better room...they happily obilged my request. The room itself was up to Hyatt standards. Large and comfortable. The location is superb for walking to shops and restaurants. The only thing I didn't like was the $16 daily parking fee...all urban hotels charge for parking but I think that should be included in the room rate. After two nights we checked out and relocated in Rancho Mirage by The River. You'll have to read my next review to find out why we loved it there so much.

Room Tip: They offer city views and mountain views...it is really a matter of personal choice...my wife likes...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank msolarz
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Have been coming to Palm Springs for many years and have always been curious about the hotel. It is centrally located and a great location to see downtown Palm Springs. We just went a few days ago and had the best time ever. The registration desk was quick and efficient- Taylor at the front desk went out of her way at every step to make sure a special occasion was special for our family. Enjoyed the restaurant where you could choose either off the menu, or the buffet. Excellent customer service here as well, Jose took amazing care of us in the restaurant-my son felt like a king! Even the room service and valet were fast and efficient. If you want to save the parking fee, you can just park close by in one of the public parking spots or side streets. Would highly recommend it for a quick recharge! We may even bring the dog next time as they are dog friendly!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We hoped for a great thanksgiving buffet for our extended family of 18. The setting was drab, the presentation was shoddy, the service was less than acceptable although some staff members did try, it was expensive, the selection was lacking, and we would have been better off at Dennys. I understand the rooms that some of our party booked were not exactly first class either. I will never eat or stay at this property again. Hyatt should be notified before they put their name and reputation at stake.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bhn n
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have seen some other reviews about poor customer service, however my experience couldn't have been better. Esther at the Front Desk was extremely accommodating, welcoming, friendly, and professional. When we didn't care for the view from our room, we were promptly moved to a room with a better view, no questions asked. Esther even slipped a handwritten thank you card under our door, which was waiting for us the next morning. All of the other staff I encountered showed the same level of concern and provided superior customer service. The hotel itself could use a little updating (carpets were a little dirty in the common areas, outside the elevator etc), however it was by no means shabby. Any complaints I could have had about the hotel were easily surpassed by the outstanding level of customer service. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gonzousn
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I cannot express how furious I am. Came here for a romantic anniversary get away. Priceline did not give me a bed option. I show up and only two twin beds were available. They couldn't do anything to accommodate us. Manager was not around to help us which is completely unacceptable. Trip ruined by this inconvenience. I will be telling everyone not to stay at this sub par hotel. Room was not like it was pictured on their website. Feels like a 2-3 star hotel NOT 4 star quality by any means.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank dlee619
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I arrived in Palm Springs after driving across country from Boston, MA. A single female, traveling with my dog, I had to be discerning in my hotel selections. I also had to be budget conscious as the trip was long. That being said, of all the places I stayed, and I stayed at a lot of great places, this place blew my mind! From the first phone call, and speaking with Taylor, this staff goes way above and beyond to make their guests feel welcome and happy. It's an ideal location, it's very well appointed, the rooms have more than you need, and they were SUPER helpful and friendly. Trust me, my standards are often high, and this place exceeded them. I am stunned by the negative reviews of this hotel, and there is no doubt in my mind, if I was coming back to Palm Springs, I'd book here in a nano-second.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo