“Time to close this property”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #38 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Why? Reservations were mishandled...the hotel was over booked by 80 rooms. Our room was marginally clean when we arrived and never cleaned again. We patiently reminded the front desk 5:00 pm that our room had not been cleaned. We returned from dinner, still no maid service. This Hyatt is understaffed and the staff they have is certainly frazzled. The hotel seems as those it doesn't care how dowdy and in need of renewal it is. Never again. In 50 years of staying in hotels frequently this is only my second time complaining.

3  Thank Travelnania
hyattpalmspringsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

We would like you to be our guest in the future, please let me know what I can do to make this into a positive experience, please call me directly and I will be happy to assist you. Have an EXCELLENT Day!

Generl Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,877)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Located right downtown within walking distance of restaurants and coffee shops, this is a lively and convenient place to stay. I had a cabana suite with access to the pool from the living room and a nice sized bedroom. Great lighting in the bathroom! The hotel has everything you need but room service only operates from 11 am to 11 pm. Fortunately, there's a Starbucks just a block away and they do serve breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Food seems good in the restaurant but we went in at 6 for a bite before a 7:00 event at the Annenburg Art Museum ( also a block away) and the food had not arrived by 6:35 so we had to leave. Only two tables were occupied at that time! That, however, was the only glitch. It's a very nice hotel and I would go back.

Room Tip: If you want to hang out at the pool, book a cabana suite. You have your own lounge chairs and a gre...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank snowbirdsrock

FIrst of all, I would like to THANK YOU for your business! Our mission is to make our guests' stay as comfortable and EXCELLENT it can be and we appreciate your feedback very much. This is something we can share with our staff for them to continously deliver the best service and hospitality. Again, THANK YOU and we are looking to have you back!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

On my way to a race I had to stay a night in Palm Springs. As the meeting for the racers was here, I decided last minute to stay here as well. As I was already booked at another hotel (that was a dump!) I made a quick phone call and was quickly taken care of at the Hyatt. The manager was very kind about my car being there two days while I was riding my bike to Las Vegas. He was more than happy to assist me. We had a party of 16- no reservations- walk into the hotel lounge/restaurant and be quickly and happily seated. The waitress never looked the slightest bit flustered. Wake up call actually came. (SO many times it never does.) Room service was great as well. A very nice young man ran up a current menu to my room. Basically, everyone on this property was very sweet and accommodating. I will definitely stay here next year and will encourage everyone else too as well. Thanks for taking so much stress off of me!

Room Tip: Get one away from the main street. People are partying late and gardners are starting early. Rooms a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MalbuMom

I wanted to take a moment to THANK YOU for your business! We know that you have many choices in lodging accommodations and we really appreciate the fact that you chose to stay at the Hyatt Palm Springs. We hope that your stay with us was EXCELLENT!!!! If you have any comments regarding associates that provided you with TOP-NOTCH service or ways that we could make your next visit with us more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to reply to this email or to contact me directly.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have just returned from our first trip to Palm Springs and were very pleased with this hotel . I chose the Hyatt as it was in walking distance to the restaurants and shops, we requested a room at the back so any traffic noise was not a problem. The suite was lovely, it was spotlessly clean, the sitting area was huge and there was a small balcony overlooking the pool and golf course. All the staff we met were very friendly and efficient and check in was easy and fast. We did not eat at the restaurant so I can't comment. I would highly recommend this hotel, in fact, we are planning to return next year.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back
1  Thank rainyday4

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The big plus about the hotel is that the rooms are remodeled and very big and the hotel is in a good location in the downtown area of Palm Springs. The downside was that the restaurant and bar were overpriced, the room was not very clean and the keys had to be reprogrammed every day for many of the guests. Also, there was a $15 per day for 2 bottles of water and a very slow internet connection. It would have been better to spend that fee on a concierge or someone who could plan activities for the guests.

Room Tip: The mountain view rooms are nice
1  Thank Patricia M

We appreciate your feedback and you can be confident that our F&B department will review our menu pricing as well as revisiting training to all our staff for continous growth and develop in order for us to make every guests' stay as an EXCELLENT stay!

We are hoping to see back soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The suite in the Hyatt Regency was just what we needed to kick back and relax. The employees were friendly and accommodating. Location was perfect for shopping and eating. The updated cafe and excellent breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Spring23

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was my second stay at a Hyatt hotel in the last year. I was disappointed the first time, and now, disappointed again. For some reason I expect a little more from Hyatt hotels and, in all fairness, I may have just picked two poor ones out of an otherwise excellent chain.
The location of this hotel is its strong point. I booked it primarily because it was within walking distance of an event I was attending. It is on Palm Springs' "main" street and thus has a good variety of shopping and dining opportunities.
Other than that, I have nothing positive to say. The building is obviously a leftover design from the early 70's and Hyatt has tossed in some decor and furnishings in order to try to make it more contemporary. Their efforts were wasted. I believe that the housekeeping and maintenance staff are leftover from the 70's as well. In my 4 day stay, I never saw the carpets outside of the slow elevators vacuumed. I noticed the grunge on the first day and figured they'd get to it, but it never happened. My room, although a large suite, was in need of serious maintenance. The caulk around the sink and shower was disgusting and beginning to mold, it may have been original. The refrigerator hummed loudly and hiccuped throughout my stay. (70's vintage?) And although there was a newer HD flat screen tv in the room, the reception was horrible, far below HD and likely below standard definition.
With a Starbucks just down the street (turn right out the door until the first intersection), I never ate breakfast at the property. Until the last morning. I stopped into the "lounge" for what appeared to be a typical continental breakfast. Based on their offering, I assumed (my bad) that it was complimentary. Then I was handed a check for $17.00.
I'll likely be back in Palm Springs later this year but obviously won't be staying at the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank TrekTeam

Your effort and time in sharing your comments surrounding your experiences with the Hyatt Palm Springs is most appreciated and something we take very seriously. Please accept my sincere apologies for any aggravation or inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit. We want to make this right for you, please let me know what can be done to turn this into a positive experience.

Please contact me directly if there is something I can do to assist you.