“Great Location/Wonderful Staff”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed March 11, 2013

On my way to a race I had to stay a night in Palm Springs. As the meeting for the racers was here, I decided last minute to stay here as well. As I was already booked at another hotel (that was a dump!) I made a quick phone call and was quickly taken care of at the Hyatt. The manager was very kind about my car being there two days while I was riding my bike to Las Vegas. He was more than happy to assist me. We had a party of 16- no reservations- walk into the hotel lounge/restaurant and be quickly and happily seated. The waitress never looked the slightest bit flustered. Wake up call actually came. (SO many times it never does.) Room service was great as well. A very nice young man ran up a current menu to my room. Basically, everyone on this property was very sweet and accommodating. I will definitely stay here next year and will encourage everyone else too as well. Thanks for taking so much stress off of me!

Room Tip: Get one away from the main street. People are partying late and gardners are starting early. Rooms a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MalbuMom
hyattpalmspringsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

I wanted to take a moment to THANK YOU for your business! We know that you have many choices in lodging accommodations and we really appreciate the fact that you chose to stay at the Hyatt Palm Springs. We hope that your stay with us was EXCELLENT!!!! If you have any comments regarding associates that provided you with TOP-NOTCH service or ways that we could make your next visit with us more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to reply to this email or to contact me directly.

David Rijos

Write a ReviewReviews (1,898)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have just returned from our first trip to Palm Springs and were very pleased with this hotel . I chose the Hyatt as it was in walking distance to the restaurants and shops, we requested a room at the back so any traffic noise was not a problem. The suite was lovely, it was spotlessly clean, the sitting area was huge and there was a small balcony overlooking the pool and golf course. All the staff we met were very friendly and efficient and check in was easy and fast. We did not eat at the restaurant so I can't comment. I would highly recommend this hotel, in fact, we are planning to return next year.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rainyday4

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The big plus about the hotel is that the rooms are remodeled and very big and the hotel is in a good location in the downtown area of Palm Springs. The downside was that the restaurant and bar were overpriced, the room was not very clean and the keys had to be reprogrammed every day for many of the guests. Also, there was a $15 per day for 2 bottles of water and a very slow internet connection. It would have been better to spend that fee on a concierge or someone who could plan activities for the guests.

Room Tip: The mountain view rooms are nice
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia M

We appreciate your feedback and you can be confident that our F&B department will review our menu pricing as well as revisiting training to all our staff for continous growth and develop in order for us to make every guests' stay as an EXCELLENT stay!

We are hoping to see back soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The suite in the Hyatt Regency was just what we needed to kick back and relax. The employees were friendly and accommodating. Location was perfect for shopping and eating. The updated cafe and excellent breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Spring23

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was my second stay at a Hyatt hotel in the last year. I was disappointed the first time, and now, disappointed again. For some reason I expect a little more from Hyatt hotels and, in all fairness, I may have just picked two poor ones out of an otherwise excellent chain.
The location of this hotel is its strong point. I booked it primarily because it was within walking distance of an event I was attending. It is on Palm Springs' "main" street and thus has a good variety of shopping and dining opportunities.
Other than that, I have nothing positive to say. The building is obviously a leftover design from the early 70's and Hyatt has tossed in some decor and furnishings in order to try to make it more contemporary. Their efforts were wasted. I believe that the housekeeping and maintenance staff are leftover from the 70's as well. In my 4 day stay, I never saw the carpets outside of the slow elevators vacuumed. I noticed the grunge on the first day and figured they'd get to it, but it never happened. My room, although a large suite, was in need of serious maintenance. The caulk around the sink and shower was disgusting and beginning to mold, it may have been original. The refrigerator hummed loudly and hiccuped throughout my stay. (70's vintage?) And although there was a newer HD flat screen tv in the room, the reception was horrible, far below HD and likely below standard definition.
With a Starbucks just down the street (turn right out the door until the first intersection), I never ate breakfast at the property. Until the last morning. I stopped into the "lounge" for what appeared to be a typical continental breakfast. Based on their offering, I assumed (my bad) that it was complimentary. Then I was handed a check for $17.00.
I'll likely be back in Palm Springs later this year but obviously won't be staying at the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank TrekTeam

Your effort and time in sharing your comments surrounding your experiences with the Hyatt Palm Springs is most appreciated and something we take very seriously. Please accept my sincere apologies for any aggravation or inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit. We want to make this right for you, please let me know what can be done to turn this into a positive experience.

Please contact me directly if there is something I can do to assist you.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great location right downtown near all the nightlife and restaurants. Excellent suites with modern conveniences, although the hotel itself is a little dated. The elevators aren't the greatest, but the pool and hot tub area is nothing short of excellent. I would definitely book again should I return to Palm Springs. Also take in the Village Pub if you want a snack and a couple beers, I was there for a rather entertaining karaoke night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Modern_Day_Drifter36
hyattpalmspringsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Cons - our cards never worked right (we had to stand at the door, pushing in and pulling out our key card, poised to attack the handle when and if it ever turned green), the front of our room faced the outdoor bar/entertainment area which is quite loud at night (ask for an interior room if you like it quiet), the bathroom was nicely renovated but they left the old tub in there (?), $15 to park and $15 resort fee PER NIGHT (the below-ground parking was dark, a bit scary, and super confusing to navigate (twice we pulled in to a dead end and had to back out - and so did the other cars behind us), almost every single time we got on the elevator by the outside rooms we rode with (very, very nice) staff rolling stuffed bins of dirty towels, sheets, or garbage (often we couldn't fit and would have to wait for the next one - is there no service elevator in this place?? And it was excruciatingly slow - we were told that the elevator was built in the early 80's!). Pros - the location is great (walkig distance to everything), the pool area has fires in the firepits at night, the view from the outdoor balconies is gorgeous, the staff was very friendly, and the included breakfast was absolutely delicious (tons of variety of hot foods, bakery, fresh fruit).

Room Tip: Rooms in which the living room area faces the interior (instead of the outdoor bar area near the fro...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa B

In our mission to be the first choice of the world’s travelers, it is the feedback from our guests that allows us to better tailor the hotel and experiences to our guests’ needs. We obviously fell short during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on the points you have outlined to ensure staff awareness and additional staff training where needed.

Hyatt Palm Springs values your patronage – we want you as our guest! Again, we extend our apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future to show you this was an exception and not the rule.