This was my second stay at a Hyatt hotel in the last year. I was disappointed the first time, and now, disappointed again. For some reason I expect a little more from Hyatt hotels and, in all fairness, I may have just picked two poor ones out of an otherwise excellent chain.
The location of this hotel is its strong point. I booked it primarily because it was within walking distance of an event I was attending. It is on Palm Springs' "main" street and thus has a good variety of shopping and dining opportunities.
Other than that, I have nothing positive to say. The building is obviously a leftover design from the early 70's and Hyatt has tossed in some decor and furnishings in order to try to make it more contemporary. Their efforts were wasted. I believe that the housekeeping and maintenance staff are leftover from the 70's as well. In my 4 day stay, I never saw the carpets outside of the slow elevators vacuumed. I noticed the grunge on the first day and figured they'd get to it, but it never happened. My room, although a large suite, was in need of serious maintenance. The caulk around the sink and shower was disgusting and beginning to mold, it may have been original. The refrigerator hummed loudly and hiccuped throughout my stay. (70's vintage?) And although there was a newer HD flat screen tv in the room, the reception was horrible, far below HD and likely below standard definition.
With a Starbucks just down the street (turn right out the door until the first intersection), I never ate breakfast at the property. Until the last morning. I stopped into the "lounge" for what appeared to be a typical continental breakfast. Based on their offering, I assumed (my bad) that it was complimentary. Then I was handed a check for $17.00.
I'll likely be back in Palm Springs later this year but obviously won't be staying at the Hyatt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Springs' only all suite, newly renovated hotel located in the heart of the historic village. Just footsteps from shopping, restaurants, galleries, museums, casino and theaters. Enjoy a mountain or village view from your private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Hyatt Regency Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Hyatt