“Very average, not your trusted Hyatt”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #37 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Very average hotel in terms of service and cleanliness. I also was a little thrown off with a car on display/ show in the reception area which gave the feel of an auto-dealership rather than a hotel at check in. The room service arrangement I made for delivery of champagne bottle ahead of my arrival did not happen as planned. The brand of champagne that was ultimately delivered was not what I anticipated from a Hyatt. I am an active person often preferring to take stairs to elevators. I was shocked to see the filth in the staircase which prompts you to wonder what else may be hidden between the folds. The rooms were very well appoiinted but then again the filth in staircase threw me off. Not what I expected from the Hyatt brand at all. This is not the Hyatt that you may be expecting if this is the reason you are selecting this hotel over other great buotique hotels in the area. The price is not justified at all. Still great location in the heart of Palm Springs.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Palm Springs

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 6 nights. This hotel has a great location and the valet, doorman and bar staff were excellent. Although the room was spacious, housekeeping was marginal at best and room service was appalling. Our room was infested with cockroaches which pretty much destroyed our stay, needless to say we will choose another location next time we are in Palm Springs.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Hyatt for 6nights, arrival was very professional and organised, fast service at the desk (THANKS CORY) and top bellman and valet service. All staff throughout our stay were top class, friendly, helpful and always on call. Our room we loved, a lot of space with the use of a lounge room at the back of the room, with its own tv, sofas etc. House keeping was ok, had to call a couple of times later in the day to be serviced. The room wasn't the cleanest a lot of dust at the back of the beds and under furniture ( it should really be deep cleaned after each guest) but that is my only complaint. Our view onto the main street was great and the convenience to be able to walk to shops and restaurants was worth staying here. This hotel will always be my choice when I visit Palm Springs, highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed in the street view, a lot of people mentioned this is the noisy side, I didn't hear...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Newlifenotinoz
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We spent one night at a convention hotel in the center of Palm Springs, the Hyatt Regency Suites. The area is really run down and lots of buildings are empty. It is sad to see this and I hope some day it will be revived. The hotel is set up for conventions with large modern spaces that look as if they were slightly renovated from an old hotel.

Our room 608, has a nice view of the mountain and pool and spa below from a balcony. The room itself was dark with an attempt of modern decor that just looks old. The suite consisted of a small room with a couch that could be made into a bed, a TV, desk, dim lighting. The bedroom had one queen size bed comfortable enough. We were able to control the temperature.The bathroom has one sink, a tub/shower combination and is fairly small but nicely done.

They gave us water bottles and a coffee maker, free WiFi and free use of the business center downstairs - though it was hard to get those computers to connect to the printer or internet. The door keys demagnitize easily so we had to call for another key to get into our room.

The corridor to the room is outside and you exit the elevator at a very dark and rather seedy looking hall, giving the appearance of a once popular motel/hotel in the heart of Palm Springs.

The restaurant provided a good enough breakfast and is rather nice with a fire pit going. I did not use the pool but walked around it. It is large and quite nice, but I do not know if it is heated. I did not use the spa or gym.

The parking lot is under the hotel with plenty of spaces. I found them to be a bit narrow but that was OK.

The grounds in front of the hotel are very nicely done with desert plants and places to sit in good weather.

In all, I would not stay here except for a convention. I think the rates must be very good. People whom we dined with at the convention complained of the dowdy stores and closed up store fronts. Their image of Palm Springs was different than what they saw. Probably Palm Desert, Ranch Mirage areas would be more pleasing.

Room Tip: I think there are rooms on the other side of the buiding that are better than ours (608) was. I woul...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful suite. It had a coffee pot, refrigerator, two large televisions, a living room
with couch and lounge chairs, a large bedroom with two queen size beds, a balcony overlooking the
pool and a mountain, a very nice breakfast each day, a downstairs lounge with a large fireplace running
24 hours each day, friendly staff and a location next to the downtown area of Palm Springs.

Room Tip: Select rooms with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is a little older and most of the decor is done in dark colors but it's clean, the staff is friendly and professional and the rooms are suites with plenty of room. Ours had two beds plus a living room with another TV and couch and a lovely balcony. Lots of space. It's location is perfect to check out the wonderful stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is our seventh year to stay at this hotel for the Palm Springs film festival and to enjoy the good weather and location after the festival is over. The staff here is so welcoming and we love having a suite for our extended stay. Disappointed that this year they did not offer commentary hors oeuvres during happy hour, but otherwise, everything is the same as last year. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple