“Love the pool!”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #38 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Pool is small, but wonderful. The staff are very friendly and the Voodoo lounge is great, it opened while we were visiting.. Clean rooms. Casino, night life, street fair, everything within walking distance. We fly in and walk everywhere just as if we went to Las Vegas. This is much more relaxing, They have a shuttle service that will pick you up and drop you off within so many miles.

Room Tip: We always face the Golf Course. Tried to get pool view, however, rooms are never ready when we arri...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zbradybunch
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

One thing I love about Palm Springs is it is a small town with all of the fantastic amenities to include gambling, entertainment, many restaurants and just a very laid back vibe in downtown. It's a great escape for those that live in big cities and need to get away for some down time. Thanks so much for the kind words in your review. We look forward to having you back at the property in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,855)

Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are amazing, and I got upgraded to a presidential suite for free because of a room leak. Such nice staff, etc. Great Location, restaurant and Excellent VALUE!

Amazing hotel and I definitely reccomend staying here for a weekend or even for a week! Just a great hotel!!!! ***** (Five stars) all the way!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank armandsarkani
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

I'm so happy to read that the staff immediately handled the leak situation and offered you a room move to an upgraded room for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and understanding as these things can happen at any given time - but we always stand ready to accommodate the guest. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

If I had to rate our experience on the staff alone, I would give them 5 stars. Eveyone at this hotel from Jackie, Corey and Cristian at the Front Desk to Eduardo at Breakfast to Patty in Housekeeping who found my Financee's wallet and to Rebecca for overnighting it back to us in Seattle. We had several options on where to stay in Palm Springs and I am glad we choose The Hyatt. The only reason I wouldn't say this hotel is excellent is because some of the updates to the hotel were not completed very well and although spa packages were offered, there is no actual spa at this hotel. The packages sold on the website gave me the impression that a spa was onsite and I was disapointed when it was not. I notice the Manager Dan Putnam regularly responds to these reviews and I want to let you know your Staff does a great job. The minor inconviences above will not stop us from visiting The Palm Springs Hyatt again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 6th floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

It is always so nice to read reviews where our guests actually remember the employee names and recognize them for outstanding service! I can't wait to share this one with the team. I'm sorry our website was misleading to you about our Spa services. This is something that we actually just put into place about 3 months ago - offering in-room spa services. Our goal is to eventually have treatment rooms - hopefully next year. Thank you for staying with us and come back soon. I actually need to visit Seattle sometime...I heard it's wonderful and I have never been. Anyway.....enjoy the rest of your summer! Cheers.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency from 7/13-7/16. Overall, I was very pleased with the accommodations, staff, location and good value of the hotel. I called the hotel a few days before my arrival and requested an upper floor room, facing the mountains, and away from the elevators. I was given exactly the room requested. The room (suite) was spacious, well planned with a nice size bathroom, a living area complete with sofa/bed with a window facing the large indoor atrium and a bedroom with balcony facing the mountains/golf course. The decor was contemporary with just a few hints of the original style. The staff was consistently professional and courteous without being overly gracious (IE: no one had a hand out for a tip).

My only negative, and it's a mild one, was the temperature in the gym. It was a nice size, modern, with new equipment. However, there was no temperature control and it got quite warm in the late afternoon.

Please Note: The resort fee does not cover parking. However, I had no problem in the summer finding street parking in the back of the hotel. I could see my car from my balcony.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make any special requests. Though not a guarantee, I think they truly try to accommod...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Let me see... does "cool" mean were "hip" or have great "air conditioning"! I'd like to think we are "both"! Loved reading your review of our hotel....thank you so much - and thanks for coming when the temperatures never dip below the triple digit mark! I think it's a great time to come to the desert. Have a great day!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Check in was a breeze. The check in guy was really friendly and helpful. I was a little early, and my room wasn't quite ready, so he took my bags, and I went for a wander. When I returned, he very kindly dropped the resort fee for the full stay!

The suite was very big with a large balcony overlooking the pool and views towards the mountains. The location is as good as it gets in Palm Springs. Walking distance to everywhere. All the staff were really friendly and helpful.

Only negative I have was that a rouge bug (roach) got in, which I ended with my shoe (sorry, but I'm terrified of bugs) It's body stayed on the bathroom floor for the entire stay. To be fair, it was the only one I saw in 4 days there, and believe me, I look. And the dead bug was right in a corner, so maybe the cleaners missed it. I'm guessing that the previous guests left the balcony door open quite a lot, hence the bug got in. It is the desert after all. Had I seen more than one, this review would be quite different.

All in all, a good experience. Will stay there again on next visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

I hate those roaches....they are a challenge every summer....no matter how much we spray for the little creatures....they still get inside. I guess there is nothing that is 100% solid proof - I even get them in my house from time to time. I'm glad everything else went great for you and thank you for tolerating the uninvited guest! Have a great day.

Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Large open spaces and modern furnishings make this a comfortable choice for families. Adults won't feel like they are compromising to accommodate the children. Staff is friendly and professional. Nice pool. & poolside service.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank estylostyle

We love accommodating our families with our large suites....and you can even bring the dog! We have a great staff who truly cares about making our guests comfortable. Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to provide this wonderful feedback. I will be sure to share this with the entire staff. Come back soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel has gone through a remodel and has very hip decor, very suited to the renaissance that's going on in Palm Springs right now. I've stayed here twice and generally you get a two room suite, like the Embassy suites, most with usable balconies. There are also 10 cabana suites on the ground floor with bedroom, sitting room and an outdoor cabana with furniture, lights and a fan. Direct access to the pool. My kid and I are loving it. Staff friendly too. Close to lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt D

The best feature of this hotel is the "living" quarters - an all suite hotel with plenty of room to relax. Our cabana suites are very popular and difficult to book - especially in season as they go fast. I'm so glad you experienced this suite and had a good time staying with us. Thanks for the review and I hope to have you back to the property soon. Cheers.