“Fantastic service, spacious rooms, beautiful property centrally located”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #37 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed here recently during the peak summer season. Hotel's location is fantastic, centrally located in downtown Palm Springs within easy walking distance to anywhere in town. You simply cannot beat the location.

Beyond location, the best thing about this hotel is the staff. Very professional and courteous. Cristian at the front desk was super helpful and kind, and we really appreciated his great service. We thought he had been working at this hotel for years from his level of service and were surprised to learn he has only been there for a month. Michael at the bar was always smiling. We felt really comfortable thanks to the great customer service, which certainly exceeded that found in similar chains. They even were able to retrieve the sunglasses I had misplaced at the gym.

The hotel is very clean, especially the room, the lobby area and the gym. The room is very spacious, nicely decorated, has a great balcony, and is very comfortable. Bathroom is large and well appointed with nice amenities. The gym was well equipped as well.

I agree with other reviewers that the pool is just OK. But everything else about the hotel is stellar.

Oh yes, and nice touch with the free appetizers at happy hour every evening!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2011

Thank you for mentioning Cristian and Michael in your review. Cristian is one of the newest members of our team and it's great that he has embraced our culture. We are very proud of him and his accomplishments thus far. Michael is a force in the bar...he's a magnet and draws the crowd in every night. There is nothing better than having a relaxing time in the lounge and being entertained by the bartenders! Great news....our pool area is getting a face lift...we are in the process of resurfacing the deck. So far so good! Come back and see as again soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

Checked into the Hyatt and had a balcony suite with an awesome view of downtown Palm Springs. Would highly recommend staying here. The staff is friendly and helpful. The bar is fantastic and has a fun upbeat vibe, especially Julian who bartends there. Love him. I give the hotel 5 stars!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

"5" Stars? Fantastic! I just love reading the Trip Advisor reviews to hear what our guests are saying about our hotel and nothing pleases me more when a guest leaves the hotel and has a memorable experience. I like to think we are the BEST hotel in Palm Springs....the competition is tough but we will continue to fight to be the leader in this city. Thanks so much for your wonderful comments and come back and visit soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I run an art gallery in Palm Springs and meet with clients at the Hyatt frequently. Whenever I am there, I always look for Julian who is the most amazing bartender and service professional extraordinaire. The Hyatt is a hip, hot spot in the heart of Palm Springs with a great desert vibe, and Julian always makes my clients feel very special when we are there.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Wow...what an honor it is to have you bring your guests to our hotel to entertain them. We love having the local community come in and relax with us. I'm definately never letting Julian leave the hotel! Thanks for sharing.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I enjoy staying at the Hyatt because of the great location, it's within walking distance of great restaurants, music and shopping,.

When you pull up to the hotel, you are greeted by the friendly and helpful bell staff and valets. My favs are German, Brian, Mike and Lilly.

Reservationists are efficient, knowledgeable and professional.

The front desk always does a great job. They go above and beyond to help you in any way they can.

Ask for Alfredo, the waiter...he is awesome! (He makes great salsa.)

The lobby bar is very lively and fun, with Julian and Michael behind the bar. Both are fabo bartenders! Because Julian lives in the area, he can help with anything you need to know about Palm Springs. He is there to make your stay a positive experience. I found that people revisit the Hyatt because they love Julian!!! What a following that guy has.

I love staying at the Hyatt and will be back again soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but I love the mountain view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank all4livinlife

I'm glad to hear that you love the Hyatt as much as we do. The passion that the staff has for guest service exceeds my expectations every day. We are so fortunate to have a team that cares about the guests and what they do every day to deliver an exceptional experience. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel. Our doors are always open for your return.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and our two daughters stayed here just after Labor Day and had a fabulous time. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. The valet team was friendly and always profesional, esp. "RJ," who provided excellent dining tips and other suggestions. The rooms were clean and the pool was nice. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Our business is all about people and our guests mean the world to us. We focus daily on training to ensure we always deliver exceptional service. Thanks so much for spreading the word about our staff and service. RJ is one of a kind and we are so lucky to have him. I'm so happy you had a great experience with us and can't wait to have you back at the hotel.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Checked into room 331 and was impressed with the size of the two room suite and the modern decor. It faced the street and had a large balcony for people-watching on the main drag through Palm Springs. Hotel is centrally located an you can walk to many shops and restaurants as well as the Spa Casino a few blocks away.

Pool is kinda small compared to a lot of the resorts I've stayed at in the area, but it's not a resort, so it was adequate albeit crowded. Water temperature was mentioned in a few past reviews an having lived in the desert in the past, I didn't think it was that bad. Air temp was over 110 degrees and anything below that was fine with us. You can definitely cool off in the pool.

Enjoyed the yummy meatballs and nachos provided in the lobby in the afternnon.

Air-conditioner in the room was unbelievably loud and annoying. It was difficult to sleep and/or hear a TV when it was on. Would breathe a sigh of relief everytime it would click off, which was not for long due to the desert heat.

Woke up and wanted to have a cup of coffee. Went to make a cup on in room coffee-maker and discovered the paper cups provided were both soiled with coffee from the previous guest. Went down to front desk and presented dirty cups to clerk and he said he would have some new cups sent up. Waited around in room for awhile, but that never happened.

Also noticed upon arrival, trash can in room had some soda cans and wrappers left behind from previous guest and had not been emptied. Housekeeping was not completed until after 430pm. Everytime I would see them in the halls, they would be socializing. Could this be contributing to the late/poor service?

Parking in their garage was $15 per night and they also charged a $15 resort fee. Kinda ridiculous.

Undecided as to if I would stay here again.

Room Tip: You have a choice to face the pool/mountain or the street.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kawill

It is the feedback from our guests that make us better everyday. Please know that I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping staff to ensure they are reviewing their cleanliness processes and ensuring they leave the room in a very clean and organized manner. Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

I wanted to mention the outstanding customer service from Julian @ the Lobby Bar on a recent visit. His friendly, can-do attitude were attributes to his incredible service. When asked to prepare a delicious thirst quenching cocktail on a HOT day he quickly made a beautifully artistic drink that many other people ordered after seeing mine. I have been to many hotels and spend a lot of time enjoying the restaurants & bars within the establishments and I have to say the bar is beautiful, however the service from this individual was unmatched. Thumbs up to Julian Verderber!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

I certainly agree with you that Julian is one of the best bartenders in Palm Springs! We are very fortunate to have such great staff at this hotel who WANT to provide excellent service. It is so nice to see the local community come into the lounge at night and have a good time. Thanks for taking the time to acknowledge Julian and I will be sure to read this review at our next employee rally. Hope to see you back soon!