“I can say it in one word. Fabulous!!”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I simply can't recommend this hotel highly enough. We weren't going to go to Palm Springs but after a disastrous stay in Las Vegas (Monte Carlo Resort Hotel and Casino - see review) we needed a rest and stopped off at this hotel, almost by chance. What a contrast! Delightful, friendly, helpful staff, beautiful decor an pool. Happy hour with delicious hors d'oevres, free of charge, lovely pool restaurant/bar with great food and generous portions...we extended our stay and were genuinely sad to leave. I would recommend going out of your way to stay at this hotel! We'll be booking for next year soon!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Susan S
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

And I too can say it in one word "Bravo"! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the fabulous service from the best employees in Palm Springs. They work very hard to provide memorable experiences for our guests on a daily basis and nothing makes me more happy than a happy guest. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the world. We look forward to having you back next year.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,894)

Reviewed August 8, 2011

We picked the Hyatt based on its value and location, but we pleasantly found that it's customer service trumped both perks.

The folks at the front desk, namely Jacqueline, were welcoming, warm and informative.

We arrived in the late afternoon and were offered a complimentary upgrade. Jacqueline also signed us up for the free Hyatt rewards program, so we also got to have a late 2 p.m. check out! When we got back to our room, we found that Jacqueline had slipped a personalized, handwritten welcome letter under our door with Hyatt rewards information. So kind!

At arrival, Jacqueline also recommended we take advantage of happy hour (5-7 p.m.) at their wine lounge, Share. Strong drinks and good food at average prices!

Other members staff were personable and helpful when it came to letting us borrow a cork screw at midnight and suggesting a very late night (2 a.m.) snack at the Spa Resort Casino just a few blocks away.

The hotel is right in downtown with shops, bars and restaurants along the street. Our suite was spacious, comfortable and quiet with a nice view of the pool from our balcony.

One other things to note: Self-parking is $15.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank imanahan
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2011

I know that Jacqueline is going to be so pleased when she is recognized among her peers at our next employee rally. It is the wonderful employees who work hard to deliver a guest experience that makes the Hyatt Palm Springs stand out as one of the best hotels in this area. Thank you so much for taking the time to express your satisfaction on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you back at the hotel again real soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel before and have liked it in the past. I went during July to recover after surgery. My plan pretty much centered around relaxing at the pool. The water was so warm it was disgusting. Not only was the water temperature above 90 but it was cloudy, which was not surprising. It was gross it felt like something could have been growing in there. I called the front desk to ask if someone was going to fix it and the girl acted like nothing was wrong. I got my hair done across the street while I was there and the stylist told me that she's heard this before. The room itself was very nice, but, just as I noticed last time, the cleaning definitely needs improving. The floors needed to be vaccumed and there was soap scum on the sink and in the bathroom. The location is perfect but if this is how the pool is in the summer time...FORGET IT.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank saints-girl
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to express your experience with our pool. WIth the desert heat this time of year consistently in the triple digits and the significant number of guests using the pool, it becomes challenging to keep the temeperature of the pool at 85. Our pool is very safe as we consistently receive "A" ratings from the Health Department and our chemicals are monitored through a pool company 24/7 for the safety of our guests, which is a top priority for us. I hope that you will return to our property in the future and that your experience with the pool area is much better than the last.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I stayed there one during my vacation in California, The service was amazing from the front desk to the people working in the restaurant.
Firstly I would thanks again for the great room upgrade.
Secondly the server from the restaurant was amazing. Being from London I really wanted enjoy my breakfast next to the pool, the waiter kindly prepare a table outside which is normally not done for eating and serve us an excellent breakfast.

For sure I will come back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YSR79
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2011

Dear Valued Guest - thank you so much for the refreshing review of our hotel and staff. I know they will all be excited to read this as they work very hard to service our guests on a daily basis. I also love our rooms and am always proud to show them to potential clients. It is so nice to provide each guest with a 600 square foot suite with lots of room to relax. I hope you had a comfortable trip back to London and hope you will come back soon to Palm Springs and stay with us. Be sure to check us out on facebook for upcoming events and special deals.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

My partner and I took a trip down to Palm Springs to get away from the Carmageddon hype. From the moment we arrived, the staff was attentive and helpful. One valet helped us with our car and bags, a different bell hop/valet brought our bags into our room and told us all we needed to know, even where the emergency exits were, which I thought was nice.
He told us anything we needed, just ask. One desk clerk helped us find the easiest way to Joshua Tree.
The room was nice and spacious, yes the TV had fuzz like some others pointed out, but we were there to soak up the sun. One remote was kind of grimey, so I didn't use it. The bathroom and room was very clean.
I will say that as one reviewer pointed out, the elevator buttons are NASTY and need to be cleaned asap!
The pool area was small, cramped, overcrowded, which made it unappealing. I really dislike when children hog the hot tub and play around like it's a "small pool". Needless to say, we didn't spend much time in the pool area.
This "updated" hotel tries very hard, but it falls just short of a four star resort (even though you're charged a resort fee). You can tell by the quality of the towels, the glued on, half falling off faux alligator material on the elevator handles, but I think the service really does make up for it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

It is truly rewarding to read reviews from our guests on the great service they received during their stay. We are very proactive in hiring only the best staff that WANT to deliver a great guest experience and I'm so happy to hear we delivered that promise to you. Thank you for staying with us while in Palm Springs and I hope you will come back and see us again real soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

If your not looking for the most hip hotel, but instead just looking for a relaxing, low-key place to stay this is definitely a good choice. We stayed in the cabana suite and had a great time, with direct access to the pool. I would recommend staying here. But if you are looking to have a big hotel with different restaurants and more of a party life, this is not that type. It's in a great location with lots of things nearby. They also have shuttle service and take you wherever you need to go for free. Staff was exceptionally nice. We were very satisfied!

Room Tip: go in the off season (july). its not unbearably hot.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

One of the benefits I believe of staying at our hotel is the personalized service we can provide. We want our guests to feel welcome, comfortable and relaxed and I'm so glad you experienced this. Our location is perfect....park the car and never have to drive while you are here as we are close to so many shops and restaurants. Plus, our valet services will take you anywhere within a 2 mile radius. Thanks so much for staying with us and I hope you will come back and visit us again.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Pros:
1) Pet friendly - my wife, my daughter, and I were glad to be able to bring our puppy along.
2) Front desk staff and valet very friendly and helpful.
3) Great location - steps away from restaurants, shops, etc...

Con:
1) There is only one pool, which gets crowded during the day. If you want to avoid the crowd, use the the pool and spa at night - practically empty.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank r55s5030901

It makes my day when guests have a positive experience with our hotel and the employees. We work hard to create wonderful experiences for our guests and I'm so happy you had a great stay with us. We also love the animals as we recognize that they are family. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review. We hope to see you back at the hotel soon.