“Second visit, and looking forward to another”
Review of Casa Cody

Casa Cody
Ranked #7 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
“Second visit, and looking forward to another”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just returned from my 2nd writers retreat at this tranquil location laden with colorful bougainvillea, fruit trees and historic charm. I loved my room: comfortable, clean and charming with nooks and crannies conducive for writing. When we wanted a different energy, shopping, dining and nightlife were a short walk away. Randa was so helpful and concerned that our group had everything we needed and the housekeeping staff were friendly and always smiling. Looking forward to our next visit!

P.S. to The Powers That Be: love the hard-boiled eggs at breakfast, but please change your coffee!!!

2 Thank TJtoto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Newport Beach, CA
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was thrilled to be back at quaint and cozy Casa Cody, a perfect spot for a writer's retreat, or any retreat for that matter! I loved my room, it was clean and inviting, and made me want to stay in and write, though I also enjoyed swimming laps in the pool and walking to fun spots nearby. Randa took great care of us, as did my helpful cleaning lady. Winter's House was ideal for our group to gather, work, cook and eat. I look forward to our next visit!

1 Thank Cindy C
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was the second writers retreat I led at Casa Cody. The first one was such a success and this one was even better. Randa was so helpful and gracious. Nice cleaning ladies, esp. two. One gave me a mini Spanish lesson. We stayed at the Winter's House, perfect for a large gathering. This is a historic property, and occupies a quarter of a city block, or thereabouts. Fruit trees abound. Husky palm trees stretch into the wide blue sky. I love it at Casa Cody and am already planning a third retreat.

1 Thank inkmama06
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Another great stay in Casa Cody! Like always the staff and grounds were great. This is our sixth trip there were all our family stay when we are in Palm Springs and this was very special due to my mothers 50th wedding anniversary. Randa helped with all the room accommodations and recommendations for food and party rentals. I fully recommend that anyone who loves the quiet and beautiful serene location. It's a must for anyone who vista Palm Springs!

Stayed January 2014
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I don't think Sean M. and I stayed at the same hotel because this place was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! My group and I rented the Winter's house for two nights and it was everything you could ask for in a hotel. The staff was more than friendly and accommodating, our rooms were so quaint and cute and the entire setting was just perfect. It was the best way to celebrate my birthday and my friends did not want to leave the property. We even had fresh fruit growing off the trees outside our rooms! Sufficed to say, we already booked ahead to stay in the Summer! You would really have to dig hard to find something wrong with Casa Cody and if you do, they'll be more than happy to fix whatever you think is wrong.

Tamika C.

Room Tip: For a big group, go for the Winter's House. Quiet and private, perfect for a getaway with friend...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Love this quaint B&B, just off the main street in downtown Palm Springs. Wonderful Spanish/style hotel, with citrus trees, pots of blooming flowers, shaded places by 2 swimming pools, to relax. Just short walk to shopping & restaurants. Spacious studio rooms with kitchenettes, or singles. Favorite go to place when in Palm Springs.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were delighted with our first impression of Casa Cody when we entered Apt # 7 and stayed so throughout our 4 day stay. Two roomy bedrooms (one queen and 2 twin beds) and two bathrooms (with hairdryers, and small containers of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion) , cosy living room and full kitchen (with dish soap, cloth and paper towels)- wood southwest type furniture, decorations and large clay tiles, fireplace with a pressed log. Three TVs!! Extremely comfortable beds and pillows- towels for baths and 2 pool or jacuzzi. We enjoyed a late dip in the jacuzzi and wine in the living room by the fire. Quiet and peaceful evenings! Great breakfast from 8-10am- oatmeal, 4 types of dry cereal, milk, orange juice, coffee, tea, English muffins, bagels, jellies, hard boiled eggs, and fresh fruit salad- two newspapers the LA Times and Desert Sun. Tables and chairs near by, around the pool or around rooms. The grounds are filled with beautiful blooming bougainvillea, and laden lemon, orange, tangerine and grapefruit trees- so we enjoyed eating sweet tangerines and pink grapefruits in our apt. Several other guests had dogs, on leashes and well behaved- so not a problem to those of us who are not dog lovers.
Terrific location! Just a couple blocks walk to N. Palm Canyon Drive with the large stature of Marilyn Monroe, shops, restaurants, yoga studios, and Villagefest on Thursday evenings and to the Palm Springs Art Museum (free admission on Thursday afternoons!). Great place for a reunion of 3 sisters- two are from England and Canada so loved the warmth of Palm Springs. We couldn't be happier with our stay at Casa Cody!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family