Villa Royale Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel California(Palm Springs)
  • Pool
V Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
Musicland Hotel(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewseuropa restauranthot tubbreakfast was includedcharming boutique hotelcookie cuttersmall kitchenone bedroom suiteshort driveheniepoolsgroundsfireplacepropertypatiomountainsfurnishingshollywood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2014

one word "AMAZING"
Villa Royale Inn is the place to stay when you are in Palm Springs. Ambiance, food, service,........is indescribable. Highly recommended. Can NOT wait to go back. Thank you Villa Royale team

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Inswithneda
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was invited through a friend to spend a weekend here. The place is beautiful, romantic, exotic, unique, secluded and i can just go on and on. All the suites are huge, very well maintained and most importantly the owner who by the way is a true gentleman and one of the nicest people I've ever mat, has kept and protect the originality of the place.
I don't think words would do justice to quality and taste of the food, the ambiance and the amazing service they offer at their one of a kind restaurant. You need to experience the indescribable feeling first hand and in person yourself. I'm not kidding when I say the food is religiously delicious.
At the end if you're looking for a romantic, quiet, beautiful and original, with amazing service and very affordable, I highly recommend Villa Royale. In my books it's an 8 star place. I would definitely go back as soon as time permits.

Special thanks to team Villa Royale specifically the owner, thank you David.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Reza-Aliee
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Well, I must confess to being the "ignorant, clueless" parent of the lone child who supposedly spoiled everyone else's "quiet time" by having the gall to actually swim in the pool at Villa Royale for two whole hours (gads!) in the afternoon. One of the things I LIKED about the hotel is that it allowed us to bring our daughter. We had done a lot of searching to find a high quality place that would allow us to bring a child and based our stay upon Swiss G's review from November 2013 concerning how welcoming the hotel was to her young family. We too felt that the staff was extremely friendly and bent over backwards to be kind to our daughter (Roberto actually told her to go ahead and yell when I shushed her at the poolside. What a rebel!). The grounds of the hotel are gorgeous and the pools and hot tub are beautiful. If one of them is too noisy you can always go to another unless you are incapacitated somehow. I saw Jack and Daisy in particular go out of their way to help everyone who crossed their paths. My advice to anyone reading these reviews is that this hotel is absolutely not a wild, kid-infested nightmare. It is lovely and peaceful and may have a kid or two around sometimes. If you are the kind of person who can't stand the sight of a kid, then go elsewhere (there certainly are unlimited options in Palm Springs). The day we arrived there were three ladies drinking Bloody Marys in the pool and dropping f-bombs. We peacefully coexisted (they were very friendly!) with no problems and it did not ruin our day in the slightest, but we are not that uptight.
About the room, ours was very spacious. Everything sort of needs updating--linens, curtains, furniture. The pillows are lumpy. The tile and caulk in the bathroom is getting a bit ucky. Our spare blanket had a brown stain on it and the robes were really threadbare and need replacing. These details are the difference between a nice hotel and a luxury hotel. But you stay at this place for the grounds and the gorgeous setting. That and the wonderful staff!

Room Tip: We stayed in 219 and could hear the little waterfall, which was nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank IowaBluebird
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This Inn is very nice and romantic with peaceful pools, a decent side street location, and well run with a very courteous staff. The restaurant is fabulous but on the expensive side, worth it though to spurge. Haven't been there I a year or so but recommend it. Ambiance Plus

Room Tip: One by the back pool for privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sdskyguy
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I just stayed at the Villa Royale Inn for the fifth time in a few years. I have loved this beautiful, charming oasis in the Desert for many reasons, mostly because it WAS a peaceful, tranquil adults preferred property. No more. For the first time ever, my weekend retreat was ruined by the presence of young children on the property. My sacred afternoon pool time was destroyed by a noisy nine year old splashing in the pool and yelling at her parents for attention. She was there for over two hours, rendering any quiet time impossible. All other adults (the hotel was full) were driven from the main pool area as well, not a soul in sight but this kid and her ignorant, clueless parents. Had she not been there, I'm certain the patio/ pool are would have had all chairs full with happily relaxing grown ups reading books and enjoying pool side cocktails. Shame on you, David, for changing this policy. Children should not be allowed to stay here, this is not a family hotel, this is a quiet retreat for adults. It had always been that way in the past. Now it's ruined. Every other aspect of the place is perfect, and it will be sad to say goodbye. I have discovered a TRULY child free experience in the Desert, your competitor the San Giuliano Hotel nearby. They are quite simply "Absolutely no children under 18 allowed", and that's how I, and many other mature adults like it.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you're looking for peace and quiet. The Europa restaurant is excellent. Rooms in the 300 section may be quietest.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo