“Losers”
Review of Korakia Pensione

Korakia Pensione
Ranked #33 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Been trying to contact this hotel for several days. No one answers the phone at the front desk and no one responded to my email. With all the competition in Palm Springs, I'm sure I will find a hotel that will respond. They lost my business :(

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GrantsintheGlen
korakiapen, General Manager at Korakia Pensione, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Hi. I am sorry you were unable to get through. I will check our phone system to make sure everything is working appropriately. We did not however, have any messages in our email or machine. I do hope that you will consider us in the future, Korakia is truly a beautiful place! Something to remember is that you can also reserve your room on our website.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

1st time that I did not read Trip Advisor before we booked this place as it was recommended by a friend...but "to each his own". First, lets start with the positive, the grounds are very nice, tranquil and very quiet. The pools and fireplace are nice. Our room was clean and spacious, the staff try to be accomondating, but a little too late. Trying to keep this short, the keywords are BED and Breakfast. Our bed was extremely uncomfortable, lumpy and sank in the middle, the room was very cold even with the heater on, I think the ill-fitting door let in a draft. Our breakfast was 2 eggs on top of dry corn tortillas with a side of beans, juice, coffee, the coffee was the best part. For over $300. a night (incl. tax), the 2 most important part of our stay should be an excellent bed and a great breakfast. We were offered another room as we getting ready for a reserved dinner, we declined because to move all our stuff across the street would have made us late. We bear one more night with an extra blanket and put 2 pillows in the sink hole, the french toast the following morning was a bit better. The potential is there for this place to be really great, I hope for improvement....I think this is my 1st negative review.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Buzzamia
korakiapen, General Manager at Korakia Pensione, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

I apologize for your negative experience. Please know that we very frequently receive raving reviews about our beds, linens etc. I am not sure if the staff offered to move your belongings for you but it is something that we always do. In regards to the breakfast, the huevos rancheros is our most popular breakfast. This is the first time we have received a negative review about it. Part of the luxury of the hotel is in its simplicity, that being said we are always looking for ways to improve so thank you for your review and we will work harder to make Korakia better.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband and I spent last Christmas at the Korakia and we both loved our experience. Korakia is a unique, beautiful and very romantic property. Without any TVs, with the candles, tea lights and fire pits everywhere, there were no excuses for not paying full attention to one another! We took advantage of the bocce ball court, the warm pool, morning yoga, free bikes and made sure that we didn't leave without having wine by the fire pits. The super warm December temperatures were a welcome change even for those of us from Northern California. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AyseOK
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Two beautiful heated pools, fireplaces every where, rustic luxury...this a great place to turn off your iphone and really unwind. No televisions in the rooms, interesting books provided. Limited but delicious breakfast fare served outside in a courtyard setting. Korakia isn't about the service (which is good), it's more about finding a quiet, peaceful spot to relax.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My boyfriend brought me here for my birthday at summer's end in August a while back, and got us the most spacious and private quarters in the place, and I felt like a princess in an ancient European village! We stayed in the Orchard House, which is like a huge deluxe apartment the size of a small house, with the most beautiful interior decor and a private hot tub in the garden. The floors were paved with stone and there were windows all the way around with crisp white drapes for privacy. Ladies: the bathing room was to die for! Deep hammered bronze tub and Moroccan tiles, the only thing missing was a servant to wash your back for you! Kidding, of course. I was in heaven, I didn't want to leave. We booked the couples massage in the spa which was great! We requested they come to do another in our room the next day, but they sort of frowned on it, so we didn't go for any spa treatment again, I wanted to soak up maximum time in our quarters. The breakfast on the patio was very good, and the staff makes great coffee. There was a friendly house cat lolling around for company. I also have to throw this in: the uniforms for the very-attractive young female staff at the desk and cafe are sexy sheer white wrap-around garments, so we got an eyeful of sexy body anytime we interacted with front desk or at breakfast, and my man was pretty happy about that :) The bummer part was, when we arrived, they said they had to cut our 4 night reservation short by a night because they had double-booked the room for a large party, and didn't offer us another room for lack of space. We were offered credit for one free night on a return trip, and we contacted them a couple times to make the reservation but no one would get back to us to make the reservation :(

Room Tip: The Moroccan side is more central to the hotel, the Mediterranean side is quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stan P

I am incredibly sorry about the misses in service that you experienced! Please know that we truly love our guests and I am so sorry that you felt anything different. Please email me when you can to discuss your rebooking paulette@korakia.com

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Korakia is a unique, romantic and beautiful property, with Mediterranean architecture throughout. Beautiful grounds and rooms. The room we stayed in had a private outdoor shower which was amazing! Are room was huge, with a rustic feel to it, with no tv. The thing I found strange was that we were in one of the biggest rooms on the property, yet only had a queen size bed. I don't understand why they wouldn't have it accommodated with a king size, as the space was huge, and I'm sure that's what anyone would prefer.

Very beautiful but a little too quiet sometimes. I think they could improve this by playing a little ambience music by the pool during the day, at a low volume of course. It was so quiet while we were by the pool that I felt like I had to whisper. Also, I have high expectations and like the finer things in life, and I found some of the guests staying here to be a little snobby.

Breakfast was great, and felt like we were in another country. Great service.

Not a whole lot to do at night, and with no tv and shoddy wifi, it can get a little boring.
But as long as that's what you are looking for then this is definitely the right place!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jennaberlin
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I say this just about every time I review a property but my wife and I are very particular about where we stay and Korakia lived up to our high expectations.

For starters, we were there at the end of the season and the rates were fantastic, which always helps you feel better about anywhere you stay. There is something special about feeling like you are getting a "deal" and I felt that way during this trip.

We are also chronic room changers and spend time when arriving checking out all the rooms. Eva helped us and was extremely patient and helpful. She took the time to make sure all our needs were met and on the second night, when we moved to a poolside room, she actually CLEANED THE ROOM because the housekeepers had gone home for the day and we recognized our desire to move that night. I have never had anyone go that far above and beyond as a guest and I can't say enough good things about her. If I owned a property, she would be my first hire!

Loved the room and really loved the saltwater pool and the fire illuminating it at night. I found myself floating in the pool at midnight, staring at the stars.

We found the movies outside very fun. The property has a timeless feel to it and watching old movies really helps that state of mind. We ordered Turkish food one night (set up by Eva!) and watched "Casablanca", it was perfect. The setting, the food and the film combined for a special night and I can't wait to do it again.

I believe what a lot of other reviews have stated. With the lower price, all my expectations were met but had I paid full rack rate in season, I would probably be a little let down . We were also blessed by having much of the place to ourselves, which I imagine is pretty rare.

Probably deserves another half star!

Room Tip: Both sides of the property have their charms, check out the rooms that are available.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SavvySeattleTraveler

We also LOVE Eva! Thank you! I noticed that you came during off season and the rates are much lower, but during the regular season we do have additional touches that we add to the experience which we feel helps justify the higher rate. Something to also keep in mind is that we ALWAYS offer midweek rates. Please follow us on Facebook to view our specials and checkout our website periodically. If you have any questions about rates please call and we will be happy to see what we can do for you! Bottom line-- We want to see you again, so please call us!