“A piece of Heaven on Earth!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ingleside Inn

Ingleside Inn
Ranked #39 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
A TripAdvisor Member
“A piece of Heaven on Earth!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2006

After reading some of the negative reviews,I think that these people most be in a different planet!!!!
The Ingleside Inn is and will always be to my husband and I and our friends a "Little Piece of Heaven", we have been going to the Inn for the last 12 years and have seen it get better and better like a vintage wine,grounds,service,food,staff but most of all you are treated like family,any time any day.
We cannot say enough about this beautiful Historic Inn
in the heart of Palm Springs!!!!
We could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.
Thank you Ingleside Inn,please never change!!!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2006

Ah, where to start! Upon checking in to our mini-suite for our 35th wedding anniversary the odor of stale wood smoke was overpowering. I spoke with the front desk about it later that night saying it was overpowering. They gave us no recourse. When we checked out they said they had other rooms with gas fireplaces...who knew? Not us! The promised private room was not so private...groundspeople entering our small courtyard blowing leaves at 8:30 am, a maid entering with her key even though a DO NOT DISTURB SIGN was hung on the door. TV remote did not turn TV on, room service having to go back to kitchen twice for preordered requests. Obvious grease on glass table not cleaned. Turndown service...who leaves the bedspread and decorative pillows at the end of the bed for us to fold and put away. The York Peppermint patty on the pillow had obviously been around for awhile! My husband sat on the end of the kind bed and the head of the bed popped up...the mattress was cheap and hard. Would we go back...NO...not when there is so many other places to stay in Palm Springs!

• Stayed January 2006
12 Thank Chinagene
Garden Valley, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2006

My husband and I had enjoyed our dining experiences at their restaurant Melvyn's on our previous stays to Palm Springs. So we were surprised and happy on a spur of the moment visit that we could book a room. We were told it was a small room, but we didn'r mind it was for only one night. The room was indeed small but very nicely decorated and the bathroom, though small, and been recently redone.

The first problem was there was a motor that was in a room behind the bed in our room that went on and off all night. We hardly slept. Then later that night I felt something crawling on my back, it was a large cockroach. Needless to stay I didn't do much sleeping after that. Then at around three o'clock in the morning we heard a large animal in the attic above our bed that made loud noises for hours.

When we went to check out my husband informed the woman at the desk, all she said was, "Well, everyone has cockroaches". I thought that was pretty rude. I certainly don't have cockroaches and certainly do not have them in my beds.

What a disappointment. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed December 2005
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Vickinbobyo
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2005

I find it hard to believe that anyone could find anything to complain about with this place... The grounds, the rooms, the employees....Everything was perfect. We loved the lanscaping and the privacy we had. The pool grounds were awesome as well as the pool service for food and drinks. We had a room on the veranda and loved it!. The lobby and the coutyard were equally as charming! We love the antiques. This is a place we will definatly be going back to. We were there for a wedding at the ODonnell house which was beautiful and were taken there by Limo from the Ingleside. Thanks for your professionalism and warm welcome we recieved. We love your place! And look forward to coming back!

• Stayed October 2005
5 Thank Love2Travel92648
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2005

We used to love this place, but recently had a nasty experience there. We booked several rooms weeks in advance for a special birthday celebration. When we arrived, they were in the middle of a MASSIVE tree-trimming ordeal; horrible noise, dust, branches and heavy palm frawns littering the pool area and blocking the doors to our rooms, and this was in the middle of the afternoon on a VERY hot day. The staff told us they'd be done soon, so we hid out at another hotel for several hours, only to come back and find it worse that ever. In addition to the noise and foliage, the pool area was a mess-- old beer cans lying around, missing cushions from the lounge chairs, and an old newspaper floating in the dirty jacuzzi!! YUCK!! The staff was completely unapologetic. When we asked why they hadn't warned us in advance, they said, "Oh, we never know when this is going to happen." So for anyone planning a special event (like a wedding) be warned: you never know what will be going on there. We checked out and went to the Lodge at Rancho Mirage, which was great. We'll go there to start with next time--no more Ingleside Inn for us.

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2005

Considering the disparity between reviews, I will state first that I enjoyed my stay at this property. However, both sides of the reviews are easily understandable.

If you are looking for luxury, or even modern accomodations in lodging, you will probably not enjoy a stay here. On the other hand, if the decor and furniture that have others have described sounds charming to you, then the Inn beckons.

That said, I found the Ingleside Inn to be a nice trip back in time. The particular villa I stayed in faced the courtyard. The beauty of the resort is not in the rooms, but in the property grounds. Most, if not all villas, have a private patio or veranda - a wonderful place for morning coffee and breakfast if you don't want to enjoy it poolside. The pool and spa are heated and open 24 hours. It is a small area, but lush with grass and flora.

The villa I stayed in was large, with a desk, a dresser, and two nightstands in the sleeping area. The television atop the dresser did leave something to be desired as the only thing it was missing was foil on the antennae. I think the welcome basket of fruit and cheese and crackers was strategically placed in front of it as a much-needed veil.

The room also had a small walk-in closet, spacious enough to house a weekends worth of hanging clothes. A mini-fridge is located in the closet, stocked with water and soft drinks and included in the price of your stay.

The bathroom was slightly larger than average, with a large shower/whirpool tub, dual sinks, and a seperate toilet/bidet area. And the ever-important water pressure was worthy of a fire hose.

Everything functioned well in the room, even the 13" TV.

The staff at the Inn is was exceptional.

Again, don't expect anything modern at the Inn and I believe you'll understand the attraction. I found it the perfect weekend getaway, a wonderful place to relax and forget about the world just outside of the walls of the Ingleside Inn.

• Stayed February 2005
6 Thank dennisguinness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2005

Don't understand where the negative reviews come from. This was one of the greatest places I've ever stayed. While the accomodations aren't luxe, the service, location, and ambiance are top rate. I think most people will love this place if you are looking for private, personal service with a lot of old Palm Springs style.

• Stayed February 2005