Ingleside Inn
Ranked #45 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed March 25, 2008

My sisters and I stayed here for three days in March 08.

We were not sure what to expect and if such a small hotel (30 + rooms) would offer the facilities we are used to in a bigger place, but, in our opinion the place was perfect.

I had arranged the trip direct with the hotel and from first contact they could not have been more helpful. This wonderful service contiuned throughout our stay.

The pool was sparkling and surrounding area was lovely, very relaxing, with plenty of comfortable sun-loungers.

Sometimes we sat by the pool to eat our meals, sometimes in the shade of the lovely old veranda and sometimes in the restaurant.

There was a complimentary basket of fruit and soft drinks in the fridge to welcome us.

The hotel is forutnate to have a super restaurant (Melvyns) which was popular with non- residents as well . When we were there you could get soup, salad and entree for $22. Additionally there is a piano bar next to the restaurant.

We loved the genuine 'old world' charm of the hotel and the staff who made us feel so at home.

The hotel is literally one block from the shops so we could walk in. On one evening there was a street market with stalls, music and food. They they closed off the street for this from 6pm - 9pm which was fun,
I think this is a weekly event but I am not sure, so best to check

It is tempting to keep quiet about this place so it does not get overcrowded resulting in us not getting a booking but the hotel deserves to be acknowledged.

Thank you Ingleside, we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank visitor2you

Reviewed March 23, 2008

We stayed for four nights in March during the tennis tournament. I agree with the positive reviews. The place is a gem. It is clearly on the other end of the spectrum from the new mega resorts so if you like new and loud, this is not for you. Almost all the rooms are different. We had a two room mini-suite with a mountain view. Our friends stayed next door wih only a bedroom, but at lower cost. In addition to the wonderful heated pool open 24 hours, we got a welcome cheese and fruit plate and the refrigerator was stocked with water, soda and juices. It's small touches like these and turn down service together with the old money ambiance that make the Inn special. Our smoke detector seemed to be working and you can walk on the property without a key which was one critique. But if you are not paranoid that won't bother you. The plaudits for Melvin's Restaurant are well deserved. Old fashioned service with tuxedos and good food and wine.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank jerrymsf
Reviewed February 29, 2008

Wow, this place is a gem. Old style glamor, with a history that money can't buy. Breakfast on the ancient vine covered porch, perfectly quiet, luxurious, and lovely. The palm tree surrounded pool is awesome- bring your Jackie O sunglasses.
If you're looking for new and modern, stay away... you won't appreciate this place.
I got the best rate by contacting the hotel directly. In the September off season, this was quite a deal.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CamperVanPortland
Reviewed February 16, 2008

It was fantastic! As if I was one of the Famous Stars that have stayed there. It is old Hollywood in the midst of Desert Luxury. The staff are down right charming. My room was fresh and the furnishings rich. The pool area was fun and welcoming.
When I come back to Palm Springs, there is no question where I will be staying!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank totw
Reviewed November 13, 2007

I begin by stating that my husband and I are frequent "Hoteler's" and have become quite picky. when you drive up to the Ingleside you are impressed. The enterance is lovely and the grounds are impecable. Upon check in Karen, who has got to be the most customer serive oriented person we have ever met, made sure we were settled into a comfortable room, even upgrading our room for a small charge to ensure my very tall husband would be extremely cozy. The room was fabulous. A small sitting area with fireplace, beautiful paintings and decor, a dressing room and a huge HUGE shower. The pool was right outside our door, and was beautiful. Icetea and lemon water are readily available and the pool is 24 hours ,which makes it so nice. Noise is not a concern at all, we never heard a thing. The hotel is small and caters to a very upscale clientel. The restuarant - Mervyn's- is a once in a life time experience. The wait staff is amazing and the food is fabulous. The atmosphere i can not properly describe.
We had such as wonderful time and cant wait to go back next year. You must stay here!!!!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ShannonBC
Reviewed November 10, 2007

My husband and I recently had our second honeymoon at the Ingleside Inn in Palm Springs. We stayed in a villa that was beautifully furnished and adorned with lovely antiques. Right outside our room was a swimming pool surrounded by lush shrubbery. The restaurant, Melvyns was just a few steps away. We dined there several evenings and enjoyed both the food and the atmosphere. The service was excellent and the help was very pleasant. The restaurant also has a panio bar and lounge where we loved the music and danced till closing.

We highly recommend this romantic spot. We plan to return as often as possible.

4  Thank mlhoneymoontrip
Reviewed October 29, 2007

Having just had surgery, I needed a special, unique and beautiful place to relax. Ingleside Inn in Palm Springs was the very answer. The food during my one week stay was so superb that I had no desire to eat anywhere else. I found the staff not only courteous but always available for any of my needs. The only downside was my having to leave. Thank you for this wonderful and glorious heavenly establishment.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo