“This was a horrible choice. The only...”

Riccio's Steak & Seafood
Ranked #123 of 329 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2010

This was a horrible choice. The only reason we went was the place next door was packed. No wonder... I would not suggest this place to anyone. Worst food ever. I had the porterhouse and tasted so foul I could not eat it.

2  Thank rockerone

Reviewed May 30, 2009

Myself and five friends had almost the worst food we have ever had at a restaurant. There are white tablecloths and it all looks charming but the food is not good and the management is unfriendly. Portions are extremely small and not well presented. A very bad experience for six friends.

3  Thank kittrasis
Reviewed May 30, 2009

All the seafood is great, but my favorite dish is a mix of pasta and assorted seafood in a garlic broth that is out of this world. It has lobster, shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels
and salmon. The calamari appetizer is also one of the best in town.

Reviewed May 26, 2009

I decided to head to Palm Springs for a birthday celebration with my fiance and a couple of close friends. While heading downtown, we stumbled upon Riccio's and decided to give it a try. We were initially surprised when the hostess didn't even bother to get up to seat us, but instead POINTED to the table we were to sit in. We decided not to let this ruin our experience and simply took our seats. The server was pleasant and attentive, but the real problems started when our bill came. I noticed that the tax that was added onto the bill was not correct. (I am an accountant, and, by habit, double check all bills and receipts before I pay them). BEFORE I brought the error to the server's attention I asked the hostess a couple of questions to make sure I wasn't the one making the error. Both questions we answered with a bit of attitude, but I still let it all slide. I became annoyed and angry when I brought the error to the hostess' attention and she immediately snapped at me telling me I was wrong and that their register automatically calculates all the bills. I said that was fine, but our bill was calculated incorrectly. She didn't even bother to check and make sure that maybe there was some kind of error. She proceeded to be EXTREMELY rude and tell me I was wrong. I continued to plead my case, because I knew I was right. She ripped open her drawer, took out a calculator, and pounded the numbers into it and then realized she was wrong. AFTER ALL THIS SHE STILL PROCEEDED TO BE RUDE TO ME, WHEN SHE WAS WRONG! I finally had enough and told her if she continued being rude to me, I was going to walk out and not pay the bill at all. Her tone changed a little, but she was still being rude. I had enough and told her I was done dealing with her and asked to deal with someone else. Our server continued addressing the situation and our bill was corrected. We paid and left but not before the hostess had the nerve to tell her co-worker that the only reason why we were raising questions was because we "DIDN'T HAVE MONEY TO PAY OUR BILL". First of all, why would we go to a nice restaurant where we knew it was going to cost us more than McDonald's, and then decide the bill was too much to pay. It doesn't make any sense!!!!! Our bill was wrong, end of story. She should have handled the situation like a professional and check to make sure everything was correct before she opened her mouth. I can't believe the horrible customer service at this restaurant. The ironic thing is that when you go onto their website, they claim they pride themselves on exceptional customer service. Ha!!!! She, without a doubt, ruined our experience!! I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone, but if for some reason you decide to go against my warning, I would double check your bill because chances are you're paying too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3  Thank Jen3Terry
Reviewed April 18, 2009

Dinner for four was $51 each with tip and taxes. This included a delicious bottle of Ferrari-Carano merlot, one dessert, a cocktail, and three entres (two of us split an entre and salad, thus three entres for four).

Filet mignon, a trusted standby -- was excellent. Seafood pasta (the Mediterranean one with salmon, shrimp and scallops) was delicious. Pear and mixed green salad was solid.

One of our friends ordered chicken and complained that it was dry. It was and they comped us a dessert because of this. (Nice!)

We sat on the patio along Palm Canyon Drive and loved it. The warm, spring evening made the food all the more enjoyable.

We'd definitely return when seeking a classy night out (i.e., pricey.) The restaurant was on the edge of the main Palm Springs drag, which made it way more mellow and enjoyable than if we were in the midst of the downtown frenzy.

As for parking, we parked in a church lot behind the restaurant. There was street parking as well.