“You cannot imagine the queues (lines)...”
Review of Cheeky's

Cheeky's
Ranked #16 of 324 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Much to my husband's disgust I opted to wait 30 minutes for a table at Cheekys - it was nice standing outside chatting to the other people who were also waiting. You write your name on a list and the number in your party and stand in the sunshine and wait for your name to be called. The food was worth the wait and the service fast, would have gone back but ran out of time.

There are newer reviews for Cheeky's

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Palm Springs has been notorious for its dismal food. There are hundreds of mediocre kitchens at work in the valley, finding a stand-out alternative is a challenge. This is by far and away the best place to head for in North Palm Springs - if you have the patience to wait for a table for bunch. It's the finest brunch cooking going on in this corner of the valley. They also serve lunch from 11.30am. There's always a line, no reservations.

Check out the Huevos ala Mexicana with spicy salsa, cilantro, onion, queso fresco, tortilla - YUM! German crepes with melted butter, meyer lemon juice, powdered sugar also - MEGA YUM! Tamale and eggs: green chile, corn and cheese tamale with scrambles or the Omelet with cauliflower, goat cheese and arugula pesto; toast - awesome! And order the Bacon Flight - four types of bacon - Nodines applewood, Beeler Apple Cinnamon, thai sweet chile and Jalapeno flavours. The show-stopper though is Blondie`s Eggs Benedict with bacon, sauteed arugula, cheddar scone and hash browns. Everything is sourced locally and tastes incredibly lively and fresh.

The owners of Cheeky’s, the entrepreneurial Tara Lazar and Marco Rossetti (also the owners of Alcazar Resort) also operate Birba – an architectural pizza place right next-door to the breakfast/lunch spot. Next door to the original Cheeky’s, Birba is a garden patio, a post-and-beam kitchen with wood fire over features box-shaped outdoor bar with perky staff that merges the energy of a cocktail lounge with a great gourmet pizza menu.

And in Autumn 2012 Tara and Marco also opened Jiao at The Corridor a few blocks away (reviewed under it's own listing on Tripadvisor). Tara and Marco are changing the face of food in North Palm Springs, one restaurant at a time. They deserve enormous encouragement. They're at the forefront of an owner-inspired revival of this part of north Palm Springs that includes Koffi and Jakes and one or two other neat spots in this formerly run-down but now increasingly upscale indie neighbourhood.

The service at Cheeky's, like all their other restaurants, is charmingly enthusiastic, it's a Palm Springs tradition that deserves to thrive. Go!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We are not opposed to waiting for a good meal but this turned out not to be as good as we had hoped and heard. When we arrived it was an estimated wait of 20 minutes which turned into 1 hour without so much as a courtesy mention.

The wait is outside on the sidewalk of a busy street so if you have kids be prepared. When we did finally get seated our waitress was just ok, she overlooked a couple of people at the table. We found that there was no kids options or smaller serving sizes of any of their offerings.

We tried at least 5 different items on the very limited menu and they were all just ok, the french toast wasn't anything I couldn't get for less elsewhere, the kids did enjoy their waffle although the added cost sausage lacked all seasoning.

The eggs benedict wasn't anything to write home about and left a lot to be desired. The servings were small in my opinion and the cost high. I understand and appreciate that they use fresh ingredients and only buy local but $6 for a small glass of fresh OJ is a bit ridiculous. Of course the drink options are as limited as the food selections so you are compelled to pay it if you want to wash down your meal with anything other than water.

I wouldn't go out of my way or wait again, I would eat there again if I could be seated right away and maybe for lunch instead of breakfast just to give it another shot.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The menu is unique and everything on it is house-made. I had corn and blueberry buttermilk pancakes with some amazing bacon. The service was great, the food was delicious, and I wish I lived closer because I would definitely become a regular.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Cheeky's is wonderful food. Be ready for a wait because it is so good and popular. We make sure to stop in to Cheeky's every time we are in PS. It's one of our favorites for breakfast.