“Wonderful museum, great staff”

Palm Springs Air Museum
Ranked #2 of 120 things to do in Palm Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Rated by CNN as one of the top 14 Air Museums in the World. This facility Gives visitors an up-close look at the legendary fighters and bombers of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited with frineds and were amazed at the the planes, but more so with the people!!
We talked with many of the docents, all well in their seventies and eighties; they actually were particpants in WW-II and flew these aircraft on missions over Germany etc.

A most enjoyable visit, and more so due to the wonderful people!

1  Thank Subielover
Write a ReviewReviews (1,518)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited for the first time and will return; however, I think the admission fee ($15) is a bit steep. We were lucky to be there when Rusty Burns, a Tuskeegee Airman, was speaking for Black History month. He had a fascinating story and there was a Red Tail plane on display. Quite interesting. Additionally, we were treated to an unexpected airshow with fixed wing planes. All in all, we really enjoyed this museum.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Almost every travel with my family we look for vehicle museum (Air, Space, Ships, Trains, cars, tramways…)
This one was a special excitement to me. First I didn’t expect such a small town to hold such an amazing collection,
Then they let us crawl inside a B17, a long way from front to rear with amazing stories inside.
Next, all planes seems to be real and not replicas and even in working conditions (to my eyes).
Also I found there an aircraft that served in Israel (C-47), in same base I served. One top secret that nobody knows including the museum crew I spoke with is that on the end of its far wing, the one end far from the visitors. There is attached a transparent plastic duck! Size of 8” or so, I knew that from my service, because you can see it unless somebody point you to it.
So now you know too, tell your kids to look for it, and for the grownups, keep in mind that this aircraft served more than 50 years and saw many wars and thrilling moments!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Returned recently for another visit. Big mistake! Staff is incredibly rude! Charging $15 to visit the traveling Vietnam War Memorial...unbelievable. Will NEVER visit this so-called museum again!

5  Thank Will Sprinkel
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is our second trip to this Air Museum. It is always interesting to see the airplanes and read the histories. The docents are knowledgeable and will talk to you a long time, if you keep asking questions. The updating to add videos was especially compelling.