“Historical Building and Information Center”

Palm Springs Visitor Information
Ranked #53 of 130 things to do in Palm Springs
Reviewed December 27, 2013

You can visit the center if you need information or want to see the historical Enco service center. This is also called Tramway gas station. The building architecture is interesting. I recomend checking out this place if you have a car. However, it is not worth spending taxi money to especially visiting this place. There are information and tour brochures available for visitors. There is also an attendant to answer your questions. I asked her about what tours she recomends in Palm Springs area and she pointed me to the brochures. Nevertheless, there is a person available to answer questions.

All reviews
"library"
"golf"
"volunteers"

Reviewed December 25, 2013

The Palm Springs visitor center is really great. It is right when you get into town, there is plenty of parking and a clean restroom, a place for trash, and the building is beautiful and historic. Usually I think I know everything before I go, but they ALWAYS surprise me with something new. I didn't realize that you can buy discount tickets to places like the Air Museum there. And also, they can help you with activities and info. When we were there, there were several Veteran's day activities. They also help us find a nearby date shake because we just HAD to have one. Last year, we found out about the Historical Society and we have now taken all of their tours but one. I appreciate the Magazines and after we looked at them we passed them on to new guests.

1  Thank LAtoEverywhere
Reviewed December 14, 2013

If you are going to hide out in a boutique hotel and hang out stricly on the main drag, then it's a great place. Drive around much and you get a feel that it's been hit hard by something. Someone told me it was Sonny Bono being mayor. Lots of homeless and tweekers, vacant lots, closed businesses. Makes you sad for some of the REALLY nice people you meet there.

I don't know how you stay in Palm Springs for more than a day or 2. People do though, so take this review with a grain of salt.

1  Thank dangerdave
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

First stop in Palm Springs was the visitors centre. Thanks guys for all your help and directions.

Lots of great maps and Palm Springs information.

1  Thank Jon C