“Exciting Ride!”

and up
Palm Springs and Outlet Shopping Day Trip from Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 118 things to do in Palm Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Climb 8,000 feet from the desert to the San Jacinto Mountains, in less than 15 minutes, by tram.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had gone to the Tram in years past but was afraid to go on. This year I was determined to try and I am very glad I did. While it is a little scary, it is also exciting, beautiful and the view from up there is wonderful. I will go again and recommend to everyone to give it a try.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Spent several vacations in Palm Springs,our first ride on the tramway.The ride was fantastic with a breath taking view.Rotating 360 degrees gave everyone a chance to take some awesome pictures.The rock formations and the different trees on the way up were very interesting taking in account we were so high up.At the top it was very cold compared to the 90 degrees below.We didn;t know what to expect at the top and only stayed for an hour.will return next year to spend all day at the top.It's a different world up there,breathtaking,got some great pictures.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

What a great way to view Palm Springs. I love to go just before sunset and watch the valley come to life while all the lights cover the valley. Remember to take a jacket, it gets cold at 8000 feet. The tram and surroundings are safe but just in case lock your belongings in the trunk. The hiking is very senic, (don't forget water). When it is 115 degrees in August the cooler temperature feels really nice at the top. Any time I have first time visitors I alway take them on the tram and the love it.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Taking in Palm Springs you almost have to read everything about towns to gauge if 1) it's doable and 2) a waste of time and money. I will tell you this is money well spent!! Only bad thing is we didn't get here earlier to hie some of the beautiful trails. We did however have to make a trip into the gift shop to get something for our bare shoulders. Lol. The coffee with baileys topped of a great evening as we were almost the last to leave and enjoyed the lights of Palm Springs.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The cable cars turn 360 degrees so everyone gets a good view. HOT down in the valley, nice and cool on the mountain. Trails are well marked.