Book In Advance

More Info
from $169.00
More Info
8,280 results
All reviews afraid of heights floor rotates aerial tramway tram rotates tram car degrees cooler at the top peaks restaurant amazing views degree view hiking trails desert floor minute ride san jacinto state park bring a jacket great ride mountain top valley floor
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went on this some years back, just did it again on our most recent visit. It's not just a cable car - you end up in a totally different environment (you can stand on snow when it's hot and sunny in the valley below), and the views are great. There's a cafe at the top, and lots of marked trails - we didn't venture very far at all from the cable car station, but lots of others clearly did. Great experience.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went up the Tram the other day and had a great time! The views are just amazing!

A few things to keep in mind: you're up over 8000 ft above sea level. It's windy there most of the time and it's chilly compared to the valley floor at the bottom so bring a jacket! I was suffering from a head cold when we went up and the elevation seemed to make things a bit worse. Also, at that height there's less oxygen than at sea level. Be ready for things to be a little more strenuous that they would be at sea level.

Just go there prepared and you'll have a GREAT time!

And finally.... bring a camera!! :)

2  Thank Ron L

You must take this tram up the San Jacinto Mountains if
you are in Palm Springs. The views are breathtaking and the air so clean and clear up at the top...plus it's always about 30 degrees cooler than Palm Springs. This was my second time
doing this and both experiences were so different. The first time there was a ton of snow up there and so beautiful. This time I got to see more scenery without it being covered in snow and it was equally breathtaking...kids will love it also. I'm a little leary of heights so I thought I would be petrified but the ride up and down is rather quick and it's so beautiful you forget your fears.
This is a must if you are visiting Palm Springs!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

A must thing to do in Palm Springs. 360 degrees views as the Aerial Tramway climbs to the top of the mountain where you can enjoy excellent views or set off on your trail walks. Nice little restaurant and shop for your use at top. Glad we took the Tramway on our visit to Palm Springs.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband had been to Palm Springs years ago before we met, and when we planned to visit the Springs on our way to Vegas he insisted we had to do this and banged on about how great it was. I must say I was humouring him a little, but in late July we arrive late in the afternoon in Palm Springs after driving across the desert through Joshua Tree, saw it was open until 9pm and decided to go for it.
I hadn't expected such a large modern tram (I was imagining the funiculars in Italy) but it was amazing and really high.

The view really is as spectacular as they say and if you have time I would aim for a full day to really get the best value from your visit. You could take your own snacks and picnic and follow some of the many hiking trails. We saw plenty of wildlife (woodpeckers, squirrels, lizards and various other birds) and it is significantly cooler than on the floor of the desert.

The tram cars rotate fully (twice) on the way up/down so wherever you stand you get the front view at least once.

We didn't try the restaurant or bar, so can't comment.

All in all, well worth the visit.